What better way to watch your favorite video can be than getting it saved by converting from YouTube to MOV? All the YouTube lovers must be visiting the website time and again to watch their favorite videos online or may have saved a lot of them on the desktop or Mac already. The reasons to convert YouTube to MOV can be many, you might need to play any online video of YouTube or one saved in local disk quickly, you might want to manage the video in iOS or sync it to other Apple devices, and others. All these issues can be solved by just one good converter.
We have made this article to help you with this particular issue only. We will be providing you with a wonderful converter that is Wondershare UniConverter that will help you with all your need of converting and saving online videos. Not just that, we will also be discussing some other solutions that will do the job for you. You can choose any of these tools as they suit your requirements and expectations best.
Choosing the right converter becomes very important as with its help, you can simplify the process of converting the videos and get them saved in MOV format in high-quality too.
To give you the best experience while converting and downloading videos, we believe that the software Wondershare UniConverter will be the best option. This TikTok to MP4 converter program has excellent functionality and helps smooth conversion of videos downloaded from popular sites like YouTube and others into several formats. The result is high-quality files downloaded at the quickest speed. The software is compatible with both Windows & iOS Mac.
- This software lets you convert videos from YouTube to MOV and 1000s of other such videos and audios on any Windows or MacOS system easily.
- The supported formats for conversion are many, which include MOV, 3GP, AVI, and MP4. The conversion can happen vice versa, such as converting MP4 to WebM, YouTube2AVI.
- You can easily download the playlists from YouTube simply by pasting the URLs into the software.
- This tool converts the videos at speed 30 times fast than the regular converters without changing the quality of the original file. Let’s see how to convert YouTube to AVI and how to download and convert YouTube to WMV.
- Once the files are converted, they can be transferred into any devices like Android/iPhone/iPad devices from Windows/Mac systems with the help of a USB cable.
- The videos can also be converted or burnt to be stored on DVDs. The app has certain fee templates for the DVD menu, which prove helpful.
- You can also edit changes into the video files with features like cropping, trimming, adding or reMOVing subtitles, rotating, inserting watermarks, etc.
- The tool allows the compression of the size of the video by altering its format, resolution, encoder, bitrate, or other parameters.
- The editing toolbox also contains other versatile features like a screen recorder, metadata, CD burner, GIF maker, and casting videos to the TV.
- The tool is compatible with the following OS: Windows Vista/7/8/10 and Mac 10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11/10.12/10.13/10.14/10.15/11. It can be downloaded for free on any of these OS.
This brilliant software helps you in two ways- for converting the videos downloaded from YouTube to MOV format and converting the already saved videos on your PC into a MOV file. We will be giving you detailed instructions on how to go about it. The basic step is to download the software on your Windows/Mac system and install it. After that, follow the steps given below.
Case 1: convert YouTube to MOV files directly from the site
1. Launch UniConverter to allow direct conversion of MOVies into MOV files.
Download the app on the PC, install it, and then click open. On the main interface, click on the tab Download. Look at the right-top corner and drag the toggle at the tab Download then convert mode on its right side to allows it’s enabling. A window will drop down, and from this, select the MOV option in the Video Tab as the preferred output format. Choose the desired resolution for the output file too.
2. Open the video on YouTube and copy the URL.
Do the above on the browser of the PC. Choose the video that you wanted to download. Right-click on the URL of the video and copy it.
3. Start with the conversion
Click on the tab Download on the main interface, tap the +Paste URL option that will paste the URL automatically. The analysis begins here, and the file will be downloaded. Now you go to the Finished tab to find the converted and downloaded file that got saved here.
The files will be initially converted into the MP4 format. For changing the format to MOV, right-click on the file and click on the option Add to Convert List with the steps in the next situation to change the format.
Case 2: convert YouTube to MOV files from PC storage
This software also helps you to change the format of the files that are already stored in the local storage of the PC. Just follow these steps:
Launch open the app on the PC. In the tab Convert, click on option +Add files and then browse through the options to add the video you want to. You can drag the files too and drop them in the box. You can add multiple such files.
2. Change the output format
Toggle up to the right corner of the screen, click on the menu Convert all files to drop it down. Then in the tab Video, select the option MOV. Choose the output resolution at this stage only.
3. Start the conversion
In the tab Converting, select the location on the PC where you would like the converted file to be saved. Lastly, click on Convert all to start the process of conversion from YouTube to MOV.
Top three free alternative online converters from YouTube to MOV
The online free software proves to be a good option when it comes to the basic conversion requirements as they can be accessed directly from the PC browser. Another great thing about them is that you don’t need to set them up on the PC to use them. Here we give you top three such free online converter tools:
1. Clip converter
This free and popular converter tool can be used to download YouTube videos into a changed format like MOV, 3GP, AVI, MKV, etc. It also allows the videos to be converted into audio. Not just YouTube, you can download videos from sites like Facebook, Vimeo, and others for conversion. You can select the desired quality for the output file and also do the same for the locally stored files. A great option that you get with this tool is to convert only a selected portion of the video. The steps to convert files are:
- Open the link https://www.clipconverter.cc/ on the browser. Copy-paste the URL of the YouTube video on the main interface.
- In the option Conversion Format, select MOV from the formats list. If needed, select the Start and endpoint of the video in the tab Conversion Options.
- Click on Continue to convert YouTube to MOV process.
- Once converted, the file will become available for download in the interface.
2. Online Video converter
This best online converter has a very simple user interface and will help you meet all your conversion demands. It also supports many other video and audio formats for the output file and sources for the input. This software can be run on any latest browser easily to produce high quality converted files. You can add as many videos as you want to convert and download them. You can choose the output quality and also crop the video if required.
Follows these steps:
- Open the link https://www.onlinevideoconverter.com/video-converter in the browser.
- Copy the URL of the video on YouTube and paste the link in the primary interface of the software. Select the target format as MOV in the Video list option.
- From the More Settings option, you can choose the video part and its quality for the converted output. Lastly, tap on Start to begin the file conversion.
3. YouTube video converter from Dan’s tools
This tool does the conversion operation with very simple and quick steps. You can any choose many files, their quality, file size, and resolution for the conversion. The interface is basic.
The steps to do so are:
- Open the link https://www.elconvertidor.com/YouTube.php in the browser. Copy-paste the URL of the video into the main interface.
- Select MOV as the output format and change the size and quality if required too.
- Tap on Convert to start the conversion process.
So, here was a detailed article aimed at accustoming you with an amazing software called the Wondershare UniConverter to convert videos from YouTube to MOV format as well as some other best online tools to do the job. We hope that the information helped you, and if it did, don’t forget to share your experience.