“Your account has been disabled in the app store and iTunes” is a relatively common error. This specific error appears on your iOS device, making it impossible for you to access the respective content. There are plenty of reasons for this error to appear out of nowhere on your iOS device. However, this issue can be fixed without taking your device to a technician. All you need is to read this article carefully and follow the instructions provided with each method. In fact, we will explain several different methods to resolve this issue so you can pick the best one.
Part 1: What makes “Your account has been disabled in the app store and iTunes” error to appear?
As we mentioned above, there are various reasons for this issue. So, before we go to the solutions, learn some of the most common reasons behind the error.
● Using incorrect login details repeatedly
This could be the most common reason behind “your account has been disabled in the app store and iTunes.” If you enter the wrong Apple ID password several times consecutively, you will likely see this message.
● The account wasn’t inactive for a long period
If you have kept your Apple account for a pretty long time, this error can appear. When you try to log in to the same account after a while, various errors can occur. Apple may disable your account after noticing your inactivity; the account will be disabled.
If you have encountered a dispute in the payments associated with your account, your account can be blocked. This could be another common reason behind this error.
● Issues pertaining to billing
If you haven’t paid for an iTunes order or an App Store, that can result in a disabled account.
● Security issues
This issue can trigger due to other security reasons that may force Apple to decide to block the account.
Part 2: Ways to enable the account if it is disabled in the App Store and iTunes
Now, in this part of our article, let’s learn how to enable the deactivated account. As we have mentioned before, there are several methods to address this issue. You can follow those solutions to fix the error and use the App Store and iTunes again.
01. Wait for 24 more hours before trying again
This method is specifically applicable to those who have entered the wrong password many times and failed. If you fall into that category, just leave the account untouched for 24 hours. Then, give it a try once again after entering the correct password. It will fix it in most cases. Although this method may sound extremely simple, it works for many users. So, try this one before moving forward.
02. View the payment methods and update them
Has your account been blocked due to an issue related to payment? Just check the payment methods and update them if there are any issues. Below is a simple guide to get it done.
- On the iOS device, just go to the “Settings” and choose the [Name Banner].
- Then, go to the ‘iTunes & App Store‘ and choose your Apple ID.
- Select “View Apple ID” and tap on the option called Manage Payments as well.
- Now, tap on the “Add Payment Method” so you can add a new payment method.
- If the payment method was the issue, your account should be re-enabled after this step.
03. Pay if there are any unpaid charges to fix ‘Your Account Has Been Disabled in the App Store And iTunes’
Do you have any due payments to the App Store or iTunes for purchases or subscriptions? If that is the case, you should clear the dues so it should reinstate the account.
04. Use Apple Support to Dispute a Charge for an App
Are there are any issues associated with the purchases you have made through the App Store? If that is the case, you should contact Apple Support. You don’t have to raise a dispute with your credit card company or bank. Instead, just raise a dispute with Apple Support. They will make the necessary arrangements to get the account enabled.
05. Unlock the Apple ID to Fix ‘Your Account Has Been Disabled in the App Store And iTunes’
It is possible to unlock the Apple ID through a variety of options if the password is forgotten. Mentioned below are the methods to get it done.
- Launch the iForgot website through a web browser of your preference.
- Then, provide the Apple ID and click on the option called “Continue” to proceed.
- Now, enter the phone number on the appeared screen and verify the account.
- You will be able to get an option to recover the account through the recovery methods.
- After your password is reset, you should enter the same on the iOS device as well. Then, it will get the iPhone fixed. “Your account has been disabled in the app store and iTunes” message will not appear anymore on it.
06. Reset the Apple ID password to Fix ‘Your Account Has Been Disabled in the App Store And iTunes’
What if you already know the password for the account, but it doesn’t work? If that is the case, you should reset the Apple ID password and see what happens. After that, you can simply use the new password on the same device. Mentioned below is how to get it done.
- Launch your Settings app & tap on the name. Then, you should select Password & Security.
- Now, you should tap on the option called “Change Password” to get the password changed.
- You should now enter the current password or the passcode of the device.
- After that, you should enter your new password so you can confirm it.
- You can now use the newly set password and re-enable the account as well. After that, your App Store and iTunes should work correctly.
07. Get in touch with the Apple to fix ‘Your Account Has Been Disabled in the App Store And iTunes’
If none of the solutions above have worked, you should contact Apple Support. Then, you should explain the situation, so they will let you know what to do. To get it done, you should follow the steps mentioned below.
- Launch the Apple Support website in the browser.
- After that, you should navigate to Music and choose iTunes Store. After that, go to Account Management.
- Now, click on the option called “Your account has been disabled in the app store and iTunes.”
- After that, you can discuss the issue you are facing and ask them to provide a solution. You can use their chat option or a phone call to discuss the issue.
- They will fix the issue.
How to unlock an Apple ID on an iOS device without using a password?
Let’s learn how to unlock an Apple ID on any iOS device without the password. This is particularly useful for those who have bought preowned iPhones or forgotten their passwords. In this case, we will be using a professional tool called Tenorshare 4uKey to get it done easily. With this tool, you can easily fix the Apple ID locked email and remove Apple ID from iPhone.
This special software lets you remove the Apple Accounts from iOS devices, and it doesn’t need the account password. To do it, please follow the below steps.
- First, you should download Tenorshare 4uKey and install it on your computer to proceed.
- Then, launch the software to see the main interface. After that, click on the option called “Unlock Apple ID.”
- Now, connect the respective iOS device to the same computer. Then, click on the option called “Start,” so the device will start to remove the Apple ID.
- Your software will start to remove the registered Apple account.
- Once the process is completed, you will be notified.
- Once the device is unlocked, you can register it under a new Apple account. If not, you can even link the same to an existing account.
Also, click here to learn more about how to remove the iCloud account easily.
There is no shortage of complaints related to “your account has been disabled in the app store and iTunes.” In fact, this error appears due to various reasons, as we have mentioned before. The guide we provided above can help you overcome this issue. We also explained a tool called Tenorshare 4uKey to bypass any Apple ID without the password. Go through the article once again and let us know your thoughts about it. We highly appreciate your valued input. If you know other tools to accomplish this task, please comment on them below.