Are you experiencing an upload failed Instagram story? And, do you want to fix it as soon as possible? Well, the good news is that you are reading the perfect article to fix this error. So, go ahead and learn how to solve this error for good and upload your Instagram story successfully.
Instagram story upload failed retry
For any user, it can be exceptionally maddening to see when their Instagram stories don’t post. If you have come across an upload failed Instagram story error, you may have tried a variety of methods. Even then, you may not be able to correct the problem. Probably, that is exactly why you are reading this post.
In general, you will be able to add pictures to your narrative but not videos. In fact, this is a problem that many other users have encountered, so you’re not alone. And in this specific post, we will explain how to correct the issue and properly submit your Instagram stories.
What are the solutions to try if your upload failed Instagram story?
The top three remedies for upload failed Instagram story are as follows.
- You can abandon the concept of using GIF
- You can save your story and upload it once again from your gallery
- If not, you can upgrade Instagram to see how it works.
It is true that these methods are proven to be very effective. All of the above methods have been tried and shown to work. At least one of those should be able to help you with your uploading problem. If you’re still having trouble submitting your Instagram content, try the options listed below. But if your Instagram Stories Not Working, just click to read more.
Solution 01: Avoid GIF file format
The first solution you can try to fix Instagram story upload failed retry is to stop using GIF. That means, when you upload stories, you should not use any GIF files on Instagram. As a result, you will be able to upload those files. If you ever use GIF files to upload as a story, you will experience some errors. As a result, you will not be able to upload the stories. That is because the story you tend to upload will crash due to an unsupported GIF format.
Such an issue becomes apparent, particularly if you intend to upload a story through an Android. If you prevent using GIF files, you can easily upload the respective story. But if you intend to use GIF files once again, the story will not be uploaded. Apart from that, you will not be able to post even a photo when the respective error is persisting.
Solution 02: Just save the Instagram story and upload it once again
As the second option, you can try to save the story to the gallery. Then, you can upload the same story once again to see if the “upload failed Instagram story” is fixed.
Mentioned below is the step-by-step guide to getting started.
- First, you should go to the Instagram stories and see what you’ve been up to.
- Then, you should take a picture or video and, if desired, edit it.
- When you are done editing, you are supposed to press the ‘save‘ button.
- Now, you should tap on ‘discard‘ to exit your stories.
- You can then return to the Instagram stories once again. After that, you should post the tale from your gallery that you previously saved.
It is true that this method is time-consuming. However, once the option is completed, you’ll be able to post an Instagram story!
Solution 03: Give an update to your Instagram app
Updating Instagram usually fixes the most recent problems and malfunctions. It’s possible that the last Instagram update had some problems or malfunctions. As a result, you’ll need to keep your Instagram app updated at all times. This is particularly if that update description contains the phrase “bug fixes.”
For Android smartphone users, please go through the following steps and update it.
- First, please go to the option called “Google Play.”
- After that, you should tap on the option called Apps and Games located on the options toolbar.
- Then, locate Instagram and tap on the option called “Update.”
For iPhone users, mentioned below are the steps to update Instagram.
- First, please go to the App Store.
- Then, you should tap on its profile icon, which is located in the top right corner.
- You can then find the option called Instagram. Then, you should tap on the option called “Update.”
- With that said, if Instagram is not visible in the “Updates,” you don’t need to update it. It is already updated.
Solution 04: Uninstall Instagram and install it again
As the next step, you should give it a try to uninstall your Instagram account and reinstall it. If you uninstall your Instagram account, that will delete the data. This necessarily means that it will fix some of the errors pertaining to Instagram.
If you reinstall the Instagram app, that will install the latest updates and patches. So, the app will function perfectly if you want to uninstall Instagram on your iOS device or Android, just long-press on the app. After that, you can select the option “Delete.”
Once you have done that, you can install the same app after searching through the respective app store. Then, you can reinstall it.
Solution 05: Clear the cache
The previous data, like videos and images, will be deleted if you clear your Instagram cache.
Because your Instagram stories will be reloaded, this may help you fix the problem of their not posting.
On an Android smartphone, here’s how to delete your Instagram cache.
- First, please go to your phone’s settings app.
- After that, you can select the option called “Apps and Notifications.” You can see that in the dropdown.
- Now, you can launch the Instagram app and choose “Storage.”
- If you are using an iPhone, you should go to settings first.
- Then, go to “General” and choose the option called “iPhone Storage.”
- Now, you should select the option called “Delete App.” After that, you can reinstall the same app. Without reinstall the app, you cannot remove the cache on an iPhone.
Solution 06: Turn your device’s Airplane mode on
If you still experience Instagram story upload failed retry, try switching on your device’s Airplane Mode.
- Turn on your device’s Airplane Mode.
- Turn on the Wi-Fi.
- Now, delete those stories and close the app.
Restart the app, and the upload failed Instagram story.
Solution 07: Use Instagram on a different device
Well, the final solution to fix this error is to log into your Instagram account through a different device. Well, it goes without saying that this method is a no-brainer. All you need is to find a different device and log into your Instagram.
Reasons for upload failed Instagram story
There can be many reasons for your Instagram account to give some trouble once in a while. In this part, we will explain how to do that.
Your Instagram stories may not be uploading due to an Instagram issue, a lagging of the internet connection. If not, it can happen due to a poor Wi-Fi connection. Please remember that even with access to the internet, your connection may be too slow to upload movies. If you believe this is the case, you should do a speed test on your internet.
To test your internet’s download and upload speeds, get a reliable speed test from a tool like Ookla. When testing the speed, pay attention to the upload speed. Aim for a connection that has 100Mbps upload speed. If the upload speed is less than 25 Mbps, your video may not be able to be uploaded. This is particularly true if the video is too long. If the speed is slow on WiFi, you may want to consider switching to mobile internet, and vice versa.
What makes Instagram stories stuck when you post them?
Because Instagram experiences problems or the internet connection is weak, the Instagram story is stalled at publishing. If you have trouble publishing on Instagram, try the sixth option in this article. You may then remove it. Here’s how to remove the Instagram story if it’s stuck at the publishing stage. That will fix the “Instagram story upload failed retry” error.
- Turn the device’s airplane mode on
- Turn off its Wi-Fi connection
- Delete the story
Airplane mode disables mobile data, which may be very helpful when dealing with connection problems.
So, the next time you have a problem with the internet connection, consider toggling Airplane Mode on and off.
Another problem that Instagram users have is that their stories do not appear on their feed.
If your Instagram stories don’t appear, either change the date/time to automatic. If not, remove the feature called music story. You may delete your story along with the music function on a desktop as well. That should be done if you think there’s a problem with the Instagram music feature.
Additionally, do you need to sync your date and time with Instagram? If so, you can set the date/time to automatic in order for stories to function.
So, that’s what you can do if your Instagram story upload failed retry error. If you have come across that issue at least once, you can use the above solutions. We hope that at least one of the above solutions will bring peace of mind.