Do you want to learn how to unlock Cricket phone and use it in a different network? Well, with this blog, we explain how to do it and enjoy your Cricket phone on other networks.
If truth to be told, carrier locks are not new to the world of cellphones. However, over the past couple of years, users have become more aware of that characteristic. In other words, modern-day users know exactly what a carrier locked phone is. The main issue associated with a carrier-locked phone is that it cannot be used with any other carrier. In simplest terms, you can use a carrier-locked phone only with the intended carrier.
Carrier locks become problematic specifically after purchasing a preowned device. Or, it can become an issue if you intend to use the same device once the contract is terminated. Moreover, you will find it as an issue if you want to switch the carrier to get better deals. Regardless of the reason, the requirement is the same – all you need is to unlock your phone.
Part 1: Frequently Asked Questions about unlocking Cricket phone
First, let’s take a look at some of the most frequently asked questions related to unlocking Cricket phones.
Q1: How to identify a locked Cricket phone?
It is very important to identify if your phone is actually locked before trying any solutions. It will take only a couple of minutes to do this. You should proceed with the unlocking methods only if the device is locked to the Cricket network. Otherwise, it is a matter of inserting a different SIM card from another carrier and use the device. With that said, mentioned below is how to check if your device is locked to a carrier.
● By checking the settings
- To begin, launch the “Settings” app on your device and select “Mobile Data.”
- Tap on the option called “Mobile Data Options” as well.
Now, if you can notice that setting, your device has an active carrier lock.
● By using a different SIM card
This is another surefire method to check if your device is carrier-locked or not. In this case, just use a different SIM card on the same device and check if it works. You must make sure that the SIM is from a different carrier. If it works, you can send texts and make calls with the new SIM.
Q2: What are the reasons to unlock Cricket phone?
Many users wonder why they actually need to unlock Cricket phone without using it as it is. Do you have the same question? Well, there are several benefits associated with unlocking your mobile phone for different carriers. We list down those benefits below for your reference.
● It gives you the opportunity to connect with any carrier
If you unlock Cricket phone, you can simply use it on any other carrier. You can use any SIM on your phone instead of restricting to
● It gives a better value to your phone
If you plan to sell a carrier-locked phone, you cannot expect the best price for it. Your device will be condemned by the buyers if it is restricted to a particular network. However, you can increase the value of your phone by disabling its carrier lock. The buyer of the unlocked device can freely use any SIM card on the device.
● You can use the device in another country as well
In general, carriers apply very expensive rates if you use their SIM from a different country. However, you can eliminate that burden simply by unlocking the device and using a different SIM.
The above is just three of the reasons for you to think about unlocking a carrier locked device. However, there can be plenty of other reasons behind this approach. Anyway, having a device unlocked is better than using a device with restricted features.
Q3: Is it possible to use an unlocked device on any network?
Well, there is no straightforward answer to this question. In other words, we cannot say yes or no to this question. In general, carrier networks work based on GSM or CDMA technology. SIM cards that work on GSM technology will not be compatible with CDMA technology. Also, the SIM cards that work based on CDMA doesn’t work on GSM technology. So, you cannot use a GSM SIM on a CDMA network or vice versa just because it is unlocked. But if you have unlocked a GSM SIM card and use it on a GSM network, it will work. The same theory applies to the CDMA networks as well.
Also, if you wonder how do I know if my phone is unlocked, here are the best fixes.
Q4: Is there an unlock code to unlock Cricket iPhone?
There is no universal unlock code for Cricket phones. Instead, each Cricket phone will have a unique unlock code. Also, you should note that Cricket DOES NOT have an unlock code for iPhones.
Q5: Are Cricket unlock code generators available?
Of course, there are unlock code generators for Cricket phones. These codes can be generated through the carrier without costing anything. However, for some reason, some users may not be eligible to acquire codes from the carrier. In that case, the user may seek the assistance of a third-party tool which are not free. Also, pretty much all of those tools are nothing but scams. So, we strongly advise our readers to stay away from those so-called unlock code generators.
Q6: How long will it generally take to unlock Cricket phone?
Well, the truth is that there is no exact duration to unlock Cricket phone. In other words, the time it takes might depend on several aspects. For instance, if you acquire an unlock code through the myCricket App, it won’t take more than an hour. But if you get the assistance of an unlocking service, you will have to wait about 24 hours.
Q7: Will my phone be unlocked by Cricket automatically?
The simplest answer is “NO”! Contrary to other networks such as Verizon, Cricket doesn’t unlock the device. Regardless of how long the device has been active, the device will remain locked to Cricket. If you want to unlock it, you should send an unlock request.
Part 2: Unlock Cricket phone without paying?
In this section, we explain how to unlock Cricket phone for free. If you want to unlock it through the carrier service, it is for free. However, unlocking the device through the carrier is associated with some downsides as well.
2.1. Unlock Policy of Cricket
Before you make a request from Cricket to unlock your phone, be sure that you fulfill the following requirements.
- Your phone is carrier-locked (for Cricket)
- There is no fraudulent activity reported to the respective Cricket account.
- No one has reported your device to be a lost or stolen phone.
- The device must have been connected with the Cricket for at least 06 months.
However, you can disregard this 6-month requirement if you are employed in the military sector.
2.2. How to unlock Cricket phone for free
If you meet the above-mentioned requirements, you can use the following methods to unlock Cricket phone.
2.2.1. Apply for your Cricket Unlock Code using the “My Accounts” feature
The first attempt can be done through your Cricket account and request the unlock code for free. Please find below simple guide to do it.
- First, launch the official website of Cricket and sign in with your credentials.
- After that, go to the Account Settings and tap on the option called “Get Code.”
- Now, you should select the number that should be unlocked. Then, click on “Request Unlock” as well.
- After receiving your unique unlock code, you can insert the new SIM from a different network. It should work without any issue.
2.2.2. Unlock Cricket phone using myCricket App
There is a possibility to unlock your device based on the type of device you unlock. Well, the best thing about this method is that it doesn’t require an unlock code. Instead, the app does the job for you. Please follow up below simple guide to get it done.
- First, you should install the myCricket app through the App Store if you haven’t installed it yet.
- Now, you should launch the app to proceed.
- On the app’s main menu, you should tap on the option called Unlock Device. Then, hit “Unlock” as well.
- Now, your device will be unlocked. Just restart the device so you can use any SIM on it.
Part 3: What if you cannot unlock Cricket phone through official ways?
In some cases, some Cricket users cannot necessarily unlock their phones through official methods. Well, what if you are one of those users who aren’t eligible to use the official methods? For instance, what if you have bought a preowned device, and now you need to unlock it? In this case, the best method is a tool called DirectUnlocks.
Basically, DirectUnlocks is a powerful tool that can unlock your carrier-locked phone with ease. Mentioned below are the most significant features associated with DirectUnlocks.
- It can disable carrier locks in both Android and iPhones smoothly.
- DirectUnlocks can unlock your device from hundreds of leading carriers in the industry.
- You can remove the carrier locks remotely with the assistance of this tool.
- It takes less than 24 hours to remove the carrier lock from the device.
- DirectUnlocks comes at a very affordable price.
- They offer a money-back guarantee as well if the tool cannot unlock your device.
How to unlock Cricket phone using DirectUnlocks
You can follow the instructions below to unlock Cricket phone using DirectUnlocks.
- First, you should visit the official website of DirectUnlocks.
- After that, you should enter the IMEI number of the device that should be unlocked. If you don’t know the IMEI number, just dial *#06#. After that, just click on the button labeled, “Unlock your Cricket Phone.”
- Now, you should see some fields where you have to enter some personal information. Fill those fields along with your payment details. The unlocking process will start soon after submitting the details.
- If it is an iPhone, you will get it unlocked within 24 hours. However, for Android devices, the process will take only 06 hours.
That’s basically it.
As you can notice, it is incredibly easier to unlock Cricket phones using DirectUnlocks. It is affordable, convenient, and fast.
Well, that’s all about unlocking a carrier-locked phone. You can use any of the above methods as long as they match your situation. If you want to unlock Cricket phone faster without taking any trouble, DirectUnlocks is the best solution. If you have any other issues related to this matter, please keep us posted. Our team will get back to you at their earliest.