Twitch lagging or Twitch stuttering? Well, that’s a common issue faced by many users, and you are not alone in this case. Those Twitch users say that they experience the issue even if they change the browser. So, let’s find out a solution to address this issue for good.
Twitch, in general, has a reputation as the most popular live streaming platform across the globe. Regardless of its popularity, however, many individuals experience some lagging performance with the Twitch streaming platform. It goes without saying how annoying when a streaming platform starts to lag or shutter. Mentioned below are some of the similar annoyances experienced by users.
- Buffering of Twitch Clip and Twitch VOD
- Twitch platform buffers on Firefox and Chrome etc., for a couple of seconds.
- A buffering in Twitch Playback
But the good news is that there are some solutions to address this issue. There can be different reasons behind this issue, and all those issues can be addressed. Mentioned below are those solutions you can try to fix the Twitch stream lagging issue.
Part 1: Most effective solutions to use upon Twitch lagging issue
Well, Twitch is an ideal platform specifically for gamers. However, Twitch lagging or buffering issues can hinder a smooth user experience. As we mentioned before, there are several solutions to try if there is a Twitch stuttering issue. In this section, we explain those solutions so you can try them and fix the issues you experience.
01. Get a computer that has better specifications to fix Twitch Stream Lagging
Many reasons can contribute to the lagging performance of Twitch. However, some reasons are more common than others. Having a low-performance computer is one of those common issues that trigger the lagging Twitch experience. This is applicable, particularly if you are a streamer. When it comes to streaming on Twitch, it requires a considerable amount of system resources. That is on top of the extreme level of bandwidth consumed by the platform. So, in general, your computer should have enough performance to match the requirements of the Twitch platform.
Having a good computer is always good no matter what you intend to use it. So, always go for a computer that has “better than average” performance.
Mentioned below are some of the most basic requirements you should have on your PC to play Twitch smoothly. If you can go for a better PC, that’s always better.
|Operating system:||Windows 10 (64-bit version)|
|Motherboard:||MSI B250 Pro-VD|
|Processor:||Intel Pentium G4560|
|Graphics:||GTX 1050 Ti|
02. Check the firewall settings of your PC to fix Twitch Stream Lagging
The next possible solution is to check the firewall settings and grant required permissions, if necessary. Some firewall settings can prevent Twitch from running smoothly. So, in this case, you should either disable the firewall or change the settings. The best thing is to disable the firewall and see if Twitch is working without any issue.
If that doesn’t work, you should try disabling the antivirus program and run Twitch. In some cases, the function of your antivirus can prevent Twitch from functioning smoothly. If you are a streamer, just try to disable the antivirus for a couple of minutes. Then, check if Twitch works as expected. In general, antivirus programs tend to put restrictions on applications that consume a lot of bandwidth. If that’s the case with your computer, the solution is to disable the antivirus. In fact, there are two ways for you to get it done. You can either switch to the gaming mode when you use the Twitch streaming platform. If not, you should deactivate the respective antivirus program completely. However, switching to gaming mode will not be an option for all antivirus programs.
03. Switching to a good internet connection to fix Twitch Stream Lagging
As mentioned below, a good internet connection is compulsory for Twitch to perform smoothly. So, if you have a poor internet connection, you cannot expect anything good from a streaming platform. The vast majority of the Twitch stream lagging issues are caused due to poor internet connection. Therefore, it is always a good idea to check the status of your internet connection. Apart from the signal strength, the consistency of the connection is much required to stream continuously.
Thankfully, checking the speed of your internet connection is not a hard task at all. All you need is to find a speed tester and see if your connection features enough speed. Speedtest.net is one of those popular tools available to check the speed of your connection for free. If the connection is slower than the expected level, there are some solutions to try.
Mentioned below are the steps you can take to increase the speed of your bandwidth.
- Use a wired (cable) connection instead of a wireless one.
- If you have other devices connected to the same network, disconnect all of them.
- Change the password of your Wi-Fi connection (to log out any other devices that are unknowingly connected).
- Remove all the other users from the router.
04. Use a good VPN to fix Twitch stuttering
As you may already know, Twitch doesn’t work in some countries or specific regions. If your Twitch lagging due to that reason, you should use a VPN and overcome the issue. However, using a VPN will slightly slow down the speed of the original connection. But still, it is better than nothing. So, choose a good VPN and use it to overcome the potential restrictions applied by Twitch.
You can use a VPN app or a browser extension based on your requirement. In addition to that, you can even use a VPN website to get the job done.
If you are not in a restricted country and use a VPN, it can be the culprit. That is because VPNs generally slow down the internet speed, and it can lead to Twitch stuttering. In that case, you should simply disable the VPN and check if Twitch lagging still exists.
05. Change the web browser to fix Twitch stuttering
In some cases, a simple approach like switching to a new browser can fix the issue. As you may know, different browsers come with different settings and requirements. So, if Twitch lagging is noticed due to an unnoticed reason, this is a pretty effective option to try. However, before that, you can even try updating the browser as well. If it doesn’t work even after updating the browser, you can switch to a new browser. For instance, if you have experienced an issue with Chrome, you can switch to Opera or Firefox.
Interestingly, many individuals have claimed that they experienced this issue when they use Chrome as the only browser. In general, Chrome is known for consuming a considerable amount of system resources as well. It will eventually leave very little amount of memory for other apps, including Twitch. As a result, it can lead to Twitch stream lagging and make you really annoyed. So, you can try to solve this option by turning off the option called “hardware acceleration.”
Mentioned below is how to turn off hardware acceleration on Google Chrome.
- First, you should launch Google Chrome on your PC.
- Then, you should click on the three vertical dots that are located at the top-right corner. When you hover over the icon, it will display “Customize and control Google Chrome.” Click in that icon so a drop-down menu will be opened.
- Now, you should go to the “Settings” option located at the bottom. Then, scroll down and find “Advanced.” Click on it to proceed.
- Now, you can scroll down, and you should see an option called “System.” You should see a checkbox option with “Use hardware acceleration.” Uncheck it so the hardware acceleration will be disabled.
- Now, you should restart the browser and launch Twitch on it to see if Twitch stuttering is solved.
By the way, let’s learn more about how to cancel Twitch Prime effortlessly.
Despite the reasons mentioned above, Twitch cannot play videos smoothly due to a poor conversion process. Also, video file corruption, improper downloading process, etc., can contribute to Twitch lagging experience. They are technical issues that require some advanced technical knowledge. In other words, you should know how to repair a video. However, thanks to a tool like Wondershare Repairit, you can solve such issues effortlessly. In that case, you don’t have to be a programmer or an expert. The software will do the hard work for you.
Repairit is a powerful tool that can be used to repair videos of various formats. It can repair MP4, MOV, MKV, AVI, etc. If those videos are broken, damaged, or corrupted, Repairit is the perfect solution. This tool features two repair modes as well. You can either use Quick Repair or Advanced Repair, depending on the situation of the video.
That said, mentioned below are the key features of this tool.
- It can repair various formats of videos at the same time.
- You can use it to scan videos for free and identify free videos.
- You can use it to repair a video of any size.
- Repairit can repair any number of videos without any trouble.
How to fix Twitch lagging
Here are the steps to fix a lagging Twitch video.
- First, you should add the respective video to the interface of the software.
- Then, you should choose a mode to repair the video. In this case, you should choose the “Quick Repair” mode to remove the potential errors on the video. Then, hit the option called “Repair” to proceed.
- Now, you will be able to see a preview of the videos that are fixed. Then, click on the option called “Save” so you can save the video on the local drive.
- If the video is damaged badly, you can use “Advanced” mode. All you need is to click on the “Advanced Repair” button. Then, you should add the video and repair it.
- At the final stage, the advanced repair option will do the repairing of your video. The video file will be perfectly repaired, and you should click on “Save.” If not, click on “Save All.” That will save the fixed video clip on your hard drive.
So, that’s how to fix Twitch stream lagging or Twitch stuttering. If you know other methods to try upon Twitch lagging issue, please let us know.