If you are coming across the error ‘sync session failed to start‘ while syncing your phone with iTunes on your Windows PC, then you are not alone. Many iPhone users face this issue while syncing their mobile devices with iTunes. The ‘sync session failed to start’ issue is usually caused by iTunes. This is a permission error that either occurs on your computer or device.
The error could occur while syncing your device on the Windows PC using iTunes. On facing this error, you will see a pop-up flashing on your screen, saying “the iPhone could not be synced because the sync session failed to start.” You would not be able to resolve this iTunes error even after troubleshooting your iTunes and system many times. Most users reported that even the tips offered by Apple and Microsoft supports did not aid them in resolving this sync error.
The error appears when users have not authorized their computer or do not have the permission or access for modifying or moving the data. Other typical sync errors that you may face is “iTunes sync error-54“, “iTunes cannot match iPhone,” “iPhone cannot sync with iTunes or sync with another iTunes library,” and many more. Now, let’s see what the reasons behind this error are? Also, look at some effective solutions to get rid of this annoying error.
Part 1: Common Reasons Why The ‘Sync Session Failed to Start’ Error Appears
If you are wondering why did this error shows up in the first place, then find here some common reasons. So, here are some common reasons behind the ‘sync session failed to start’ error:
- Incomplete or faulty installation of iTunes and of other components related to iTunes
- Corrupt or damaged iTunes library or iTunes software
- Outdated iTunes software and other related components
- Fake or faulty iOS USB (lightning) cable
- No setting up the iTunes sync feature
There could be more reasons like these ones. The following method and tips are going to help you in fixing the issue ‘sync session failed to start’ and let you sync your iOS device using iTunes effortlessly.
PS: if you are facing issues like iTunes error 9 or iTunes has an invalid signature during the installation, here are the top solutions for you.
Part 2: Best Method to Resolve ‘Sync Session Failed to Start’ Effectively
Most of the time, incomplete installation of iTunes or its related components occupies the common reasons that caused the error ‘sync session failed to start’ on your device. To effectively deal with iTunes sync issues, you need a professional tool. Here, we are going to discuss such a professional tool, known as iMyFone TunesFix. This tool is professionally designed for fixing problems related to iTunes sync, especially the common ones that we mentioned in the earlier section.
Using its user-friendly function design, users can fix their iTunes library by just tapping on a single click. Also, this latest tool repairs all the iTunes-related issues without any data loss. Also, it provides you an option to sync the device immediately.
Unique Characteristics of iMyFone TunesFix:
- TunesFix resolves the ‘sync session failed to start’ issue with just a single click.
- It lets you fix the corruption of iTunes software or iTunes library that occurs because of the above-mentioned reasons.
- While fixing the iTunes sync issues, as iPhone stuck on the iTunes logo or iTunes error 7, there is no reason to be concerned about your data being damaged or erased.
- The tool features two modes of cleaning iTunes. Users can speed up the process and sync their data in a faster manner.
- It allows you to uninstall the iTunes app and other related faulty components completely. Once uninstalled, you can download iTunes again without interference.
- With iMyFone TunesFix, users can fix over 100 iTunes errors and issues.
A Detailed Guide to Resolve the ‘Sync Session Failed to Start’ Error with TunesFix:
To get rid of the ‘sync session failed to start’ error using iMyFone TunesFix, you have to follow some simple steps given below.
Step 1: Launch iMyFone TunesFix
In the first place, you need to launch the iMyFone TunesFix app on the Windows PC. This will display a particular status of iTunes. Next, you need to tap on the ‘Repair‘ tab for repairing iTunes.
Step 2: Choose the ‘Fix Other iTunes Problems’ Option
Now, try using the iTunes for syncing your iPhone or another iOS device. In case you are still struggling with the ‘sync session failed to start‘ error, then go to the next level by tapping on ‘Fix Other iTunes Problems.’
Step 3: Select ‘Repair’
Tap on ‘Repair‘ for starting the repairing process.
Check if the error has been successfully resolved or not. Hopefully, you will not see the ‘sync session failed to start’ error on your screen anymore.
Part 3: Other Effective Solutions to Fix The ‘Sync Session Failed to Start’ Issue
So, there are two other solutions that users can try to resolve the issue ‘sync session failed to start’. So, let’s have a look at them.
Solution 1: Update iTunes to resolve the ‘sync session failed to start’ issue
The error ‘sync session failed to start’ might be occurring due to outdated iTunes or other outdated components of iTunes. For updating iTunes to the latest version, users have to go through the following instructions.
Steps to resolve ‘sync session failed to start’:
Have a look at the steps you need to follow to fix this error!
- Step 1: First, connect your computer to an active internet connection. After that, launch iTunes. Then, visit the ‘Help‘ tab. From there, you have to click on the ‘Check for Update‘ option.
- Step 2: Next, you have to go through the prompts for updating the iTunes.
Solution 2: Delete old backups of iTunes to fix the ‘sync session failed to start’ error
If your library of iTunes is corrupt, you may come across the ‘sync session failed to start’ issue. In that case, it is best to delete the library for preventing this error to pop up on your screen. To do this, please follow below simple steps.
Steps to resolve ‘sync session failed to start’:
Go through the below-mentioned steps to eliminate this frustrating issue!
- 1: In the first place, select ‘iTunes‘ and then look for the option ‘Preferences (for Mac).’ Click on that option and then select ‘Edit‘ and, after that, choose the option ‘Preferences (for Windows).’
- 2: Next, you have to select the ‘Devices‘ option.
- 3: Now, choose the backup file that you like to delete from your iTunes library. To find out more details, users can hover their cursor on that backup file.
- 4: Lastly, tap on ‘Delete Backup‘ and confirm your action.
If users do not like to delete previous iTunes backup manually, iMyFone TunesFix could carry out this hectic work for you. This professional tool can assist you in cleaning up all the junk files in just one click. With the two cleaning modes of TunesFix, users can clean up their iTunes deeply and effortlessly. The first option is ‘Quick Clean,’ which lets you delete iTunes backup, media, update files, and more. The second clean option is ‘Deep Clean,’ which lets you delete backups created by the third-party applications along with all the files present in the ‘Quick Clean‘ mode.
Besides, here are the top iTunes backup extractor tools for you.
iTunes is an incredible tool for sorting all the content on your iOS device. However, when iTunes issues begin to surface, they could cause lots of trouble. While working with iTunes, users may come across frustrating issues like iTunes sync, uninstallation, installation, restore, update problems, and many more. Also, to get rid of the iTunes sync session failed to start error, users can use this repair tool.
The most effective way to resolve these issues is to hire a professional iTunes repair tool called iMyFone TunesFix. Once installed on your device, this application will assist you in fixing all kinds of iTunes errors within a single tap. So, what’s more, you need it! Download this application and enjoy its amazing features now!