“Software for this iPhone is Not Currently Available” can be a scary message for many iPhone users. However, the good news is that you don’t have to be alarmed unnecessarily about it because it’s fixable. So, keep reading and learn how to fix it without running to a service center.
How to fix “Software for this iPhone is Not Currently Available” error
There is more than one fix to try if you experience “Software for this iPhone is Not Currently Available.” Let’s take a look at all those fixes one by one. As you may see, some of those solutions will be very simple, while others may be slightly advanced.
01. Restart the iOS device
One of the most convenient, fastest, and simplest fixes you can try is restarting. If you restart an iPhone, you will be able to get rid of several minor glitches. For many users, this simple trick works like a charm. Also, it doesn’t take more than a few seconds, and therefore, it’s a solution worth trying for anybody.
- Press the power button on the device and hold it for a couple of seconds.
- You will see the option “Slide to Power Off.” Just swipe it accordingly.
- Wait for few seconds once the device is switched off.
- Press the power button once again and turn the device on.
02. Give your iTunes an update to fix ‘Software for this iPhone is Not Currently Available’
Updating your iTunes can be another effective way to overcome this issue. In fact, updating iTunes is not difficult at all. Whenever there is a new version of iTunes, you will be notified. You can see that popup when you open iTunes. If you find that notification, you should just follow the onscreen instructions, and that’s it. However, if you don’t see any notification, you should follow the steps mentioned below.
When it comes to macOS, it has iTunes as a part of it. So, to update iTunes, all you have to do is to update the Mac.
- Go to “Menu” and choose “System Preferences.”
- Tap on the option labeled “Software Update.”
If your computer is operated through Windows OS, you should update iTunes in a different manner. If you have downloaded iTunes through their official website, follow the steps that are mentioned below.
- Launch iTunes as the first step.
- Then, click on the option called “Help.”
- Click on the option called “Check for Updates.”
- If you see a new version than the existing one, update the software.
03. Update your Mac or Windows PC to fix ‘Software for this iPhone is Not Currently Available’
In certain cases, the best solution to address this issue is updating the computer. Depending on the type of computer you use, the way you update the computer will differ. Mentioned below are the steps to follow for Windows and macOS.
- Go to your “Control Panel” and select the option called “System and Security.”
- Then, go to the option called “Windows Update.”
For macOS (versions older than OS Mojave)
- Go to your App Store and choose the option called “Updates.” It is located in the App Store toolbar.
- Then, you will be able to update the computer by choosing an option from the list.
For macOS Mojave
- Go to Apple Menu and choose “System Preferences.”
- Click on the option called “Software Update.”
- If you see an update, just tap on “Update Now.”
04. Use iMyFone Fixppo to Fix ‘Software for this iPhone is Not Currently Available’ (no data loss)
iMyFone Fixppo is a very powerful, efficient tool to fix a variety of issues related to your iOS device. You can use the same tool to fix “Software for this iPhone is Not Currently Available” issue as well. Mentioned below are some features of iMyFone Fixppo.
- This software can fix a variety of issues that cannot be addressed by iTunes.
- When you fix an iPhone using Fixppo, you will not face any data loss.
- It has a very friendly user-interface, and it allows you to repair the device in minutes.
- It is compatible with any iOS device and iOS version.
How to fix “Software for this iPhone is Not Currently Available” issue with iMyFone Fixppo?
- First, launch the software on your computer and click on the option called “Standard Mode.” Then, you should connect the device to the same computer and click on the “Next” button. Put the device on DFU mode if the device is not recognized. If your device is running with iOS 12 or newer and in Normal mode, have it unlocked. Please note that this should be done before clicking on “Next.”
- Fixppo will detect the device automatically. Then, it will show the available versions of firmware for the respective device. Just choose the most appropriate version and click on “Download.”
- If the firmware and device information is correct, you can click on the “Start” button. Fixppo will begin the repairing process automatically.
Tenorshare ReiBoot is another powerful program that can resolve a variety of issues related to iOS devices. So, it can fix “Software for this iPhone is Not Currently Available” issue and the com.apple.mobilephone error 1035 as well. Apart from repairing the errors, this software updates your iOS device to its latest OS automatically. The other major advantage associated with this software is that it doesn’t cause any data loss. With that said, let’s take a look at the steps you should follow in order to fix this issue.
- As the first step, you should download Tenorshare ReiBoot on your computer and install it. Then, you should connect the faulty device to the same computer. Launch the program and click on the option called “Repair Operating System.”
- When you are directed to a different window, you can click on “Fix Now.”
- You will need to download the firmware package now. In this case, you should choose a path for the firmware to be saved. Choose the option “Download.”
- Once the firmware is downloaded to the computer, you can click on the option “Repair Now.”
You should just wait for a few seconds, and the device will be repaired completely.
06. Check if your antivirus program creates a conflict
If your antivirus program becomes incompatible with iTunes, that can lead to a conflict. As a result, you will experience various issues that prevent smooth operation. So, you should check and change the configurations of your antivirus program for it to be compatible with iTunes. The process may vary depending on the antivirus program you are using. With that said, before you change the configurations of the antivirus, you should check the following as well.
- Make sure that the aspects like date and time zone of the computer are correct.
- Check if your iTunes is updated to the latest version. If not, update it.
- Be sure that you use an account with “Administrator” privileges but not a “Guest” account.
- Have your computer’s OS updated to the latest.
- Update the antivirus program.
07. Restore your iOS device using iTunes
Another way to address this ‘Software for this iPhone is Not Currently Available’ issue is by restoring the faulty device using iTunes. Mentioned below are the steps to do it.
- Connect your faulty iOS device to the computer with the original USB cable. Launch iTunes now.
- Now click on your device’s name in the section labeled “Devices.” Then, go to “Summary” and click on the “Restore iPhone” option.
- After that, click on “Restore” once again when the confirmation dialog box appears.
- iTunes will now erase everything on the device and reinstall a fresh copy.
Please note that the data on your device will be completely erased as a result of this fix.
Bonus tip: be sure that you create a backup of all the data files before proceeding with a restore.
This is particularly true if you are not using an application like Tenorshare ReiBoot or iMyFone Fixppo. Creating a backup of data will be a very smart move before starting any repair on your device. In this case, you can use a tool like iMyFone D-Back, which is developed especially to create backups.
Features of iMyFone D-Back
- It can create backups of currently existing data and lost data as well.
- It works with all the iOS versions, including the latest ones. Also, it supports all the iOS devices as well.
- It is compatible with more than 18 types of files, including text, notes, photos, etc.
- It is very easy to use. The user-friendly interface of the software is very impressive.
How to create a backup of your data using iMyFone D-Back
- First, open iMyFone D-Back on your computer. Then, go to the option called “Recover From iOS Device.”
- Connect the device to the same computer and wait for the program to detect the device. Once detected, just click on “Next.”
- Choose the files you intend to export and click on the option called “Scan.”
- At the completion of the scan, you can see a list of exportable files. Preview them and choose what you should recover.
So, that’s how to fix “Software for this iPhone is Not Currently Available” issue on your iPhone. If you know more efficient ways, please let us know.