When Snapchat notifications not working, users get frustrated, thinking that they will miss the latest updates from their community. If you are already experiencing the issue and looking for a solution, below, we offer several solutions.
Snapchat has become an incredibly popular social media app, particularly among Apple users over the recent past. However, as of today, search engines are flooded with questions similar to “Snapchat Notifications Not Working on iPhone.” That means many Apple users say that they don’t receive push notifications from Snapchat on their devices. If you are using Snapchat regularly and experience this issue, that can be a very annoying issue. However, like with any other technical issue related to iPhones, this one too has several solutions. So, you don’t have to worry about it because this article is composed of explaining those solutions.
Fixes for Snapchat Notifications Not Working on iPhone
There are multiple solutions to address this issue, and you can go through one by one first. Then, you can choose the most appropriate solution that matches your situation.
Solution 01: Give your iPhone a restart
Although this solution might sound very simple and basic, it can be very effective at times. It can fix a variety of small glitches found on iOS devices. Also, this method doesn’t want you to follow a complicated path. Instead, you can get it done just with a couple of steps. So, if Snapchat Notifications Not Working on iPhone, you can try this basic fix.
- If you are using a new iPhone (any device newer than iPhone 8), quick-press the Volume Up first, then do the same with the Volume Down button as well. After that, you should press and hold the side button so the device will be restarted.
- If you are using an iPhone 7 or 7 Plus, long-press the Volume Down and Side button, keep pressing the buttons until the device restarts.
- If you are using an older device (iPhone 6S or older), the method is different. In this case, you should press and hold the Home Button and Sleep Button so the device will restart.
Once the device is restarted, you should check if Snapchat notifications are appearing as usual.
Solution 02: Check if you have put the device in silent mode
Although this option sounds like a pretty senseless idea, many have gone through this situation. That means, some individuals put their device on silent mode and wonder why they don’t get any notification. So, even if you don’t hear any notification sound, you may be getting them. As a result of not hearing any sound, you think that there is something wrong with your Snapchat app. So, all you should do it to check the device and see if you have put that in silent mode. If it is already in silent mode, just put it back to normal mode with a sound profile. If you are lucky enough, that should solve the ‘Snapchat Notifications Not Working on iPhone’ issue without going any far.
Solution 03: Give your iOS an update to fix ‘Snapchat Notifications Not Working on iPhone’
Many of us don’t take iOS updates seriously. Instead, we just want to ignore them and continue to use the device as we wish. However, when you use an iOS device without updating the device for long, various issues can occur. Older iOS versions can often give minor glitches and prevent smooth functioning. Also, outdated iOS versions can lack security, as well. So, it is anyway good to update your iOS to the latest and use the device. With that said, mentioned below are the steps you should follow in order to update your iOS device.
- Go to “Settings” and choose the option called “General.” Then, tap on the option called “Software Update.”
- If you see an update is available for your device, choose to download and install it. However, when you download the update, you must ensure that there is enough battery on the device.
Solution 04: See if you’ve turned on the “Do Not Disturb” feature
As you may already know, “Do Not Disturb” is a feature used to disable all the notifications. If you have enabled that feature, you will not get any calls, text, or any other notification. This feature is introduced to be used during meetings when you take a nap etc. As a result of enabling this feature, you will not get any notification from Snapchat as well. So, if you need to receive the notifications, as usual, you should simply turn the feature off. To do that, you should follow the steps mentioned below.
- Reach out the “Settings” app on your iOS device.
- Navigate to the option called “Do Not Disturb” and tap on it to toggle the switch off.
By the way, let’s figure out how to fix the issue of iPhone Network Not Available with ease.
Solution 05: Check for the notifications on the app to fix ‘Snapchat Notifications Not Working on iPhone’
Another possible reason for “Snapchat Notifications Not Working on iPhone” is disabled notifications. That means you don’t get Snapchat notifications if you have disabled its notifications for some reason. So, you should check if you have disabled Snapchat notifications or not and enable it accordingly. Mentioned below are the steps.
- Go to the option called “Settings” and tap on “Notifications.”
- Click on the option called “Snapchat.”
- Check if you have enabled the option called “Allow Notifications.” If you haven’t, you should tap on it and enable the notifications.
You can now check if you are getting the notifications or not.
If you still don’t get any notifications after all those attempts, ReiBoot can be your ultimate solution. Tenorshare ReiBoot is a very handy professional application that can find and resolve issues associated with iOS devices. A notable benefit associated with this software is that it can fix the issues with a couple of clicks. You don’t need to possess knowledge in programming to use Tenorshare ReiBoot and fix potential iOS issues. Instead, you can fix the issues with the assistance of its very friendly user-interface. The other major benefit of this software is that it doesn’t cause any data loss when repairing the device. So, if you want to repair your iOS device without necessarily deleting the data, ReiBoot is the solution.
This special software can fix various issues like iPhone stuck on Apple logo, restart loop, frozen iPhone, etc. Any of those issues can be fixed easily using this tool and get your device back to normal (best fixes for the macOS Big Sur slow issue). Moreover, ReiBoot can be used to perform a factory reset as well without using iCloud or iTunes. With that said, let’s take a look at the steps to fix Snapchat Notifications Not Working on iPhone issues.
Before starting the process, you should download and install Tenorshare ReiBoot on your computer. You can download the software through their official page.
- Connect the faulty iOS device into the computer on which you have installed “ReiBoot.” Then, launch the software to see the main screen. Once you see the option called “Repair Operating System,” just tap on it. This option can be found on the main interface.
- You should click on the option called “Download,” so the latest firmware to the device will be downloaded. This is essential to repair your device’s iOS-related issues.
- At the completion of the download, you will be able to see an option called “Start Repair.” Click on it to begin the fixing of the device.
That’s it. Your device must be up and running by now.
Solution 07: Restore your iPhone to factory defaults
If you are yet to succeed, there is no other solution than restoring the device to its factory defaults. In this case, the data will be erased completely, and your device will start as a fresh one. You can use iTunes to perform this task. The most important thing about this solution is that it erases all the data from the device. So, if you have valuable data on the device, it is highly recommended to create a backup before restoring.
Mentioned below are the steps to restore your iOS device to its factory settings.
- First, you should connect the device to your computer. Before that, you should update your iTunes to its latest version.
- Launch iTunes and click on the option called “Restore iPhone.”
- Now, all the data will be erased from the device, and you should configure it from scratch.
If ‘Snapchat notifications not working‘ even after trying all these fixes, take it to the nearest Apple store. They will fix it using their certified methods. However, if you use Tenorshare ReiBoot, there is a huge possibility to get the device fixes by yourself.