The users of Razer devices have been mostly complaining about the Razer Synapse not opening after they tried updating the Synapse software. The system window doesn’t pop up, they say, even after they plugged the devices into the system. This issue occurs very frequently, and the good thing is that it is very easy to solve.
This is exactly what we are going to do for you here in the article as we give the best methods for fixing the ‘Razer Synapse Not Opening’ issue.
Know more about Razer Synapse
This software was designed by the Razer Inc. and to let the users assign macros or rebind control over any Razer peripheral. One of its features also allows the saving of configurations to its cloud storage. This way, switching between different configurations also becomes very easy. Some other features of it include hardware configurator, heat maps, stats, and many others.
Now let’s move on to the different methods for resolving the different issues the software faces.
Reinstall the Razer Synapse software
This can be the most reasonable and efficient solution to the problem of Razer Synapse not opening. You need first to uninstall the software from your PC and then reinstall it. But before you install the new version of the software, it is to be ensured that all the residual files are deleted from the system. Such files are mostly hidden inside the File Explorer, and you can gain access to them by logging in as the administrator.
Follow the steps to perform this solution:
- Hit the keys of Windows + R together for opening the application. Enter this command appwiz.cpl into the box. Hit Enter now. The resulting window that pops up will show you all the installed programs on the PC.
- Find the Razer Core and Razer Synapse options and then do the following actions for both of them. Hit a right-click on the app. Click on the button Uninstall.
- After you remove the app, press the keys Windows + E together for opening the file explorer. Find the location mentioned below:
C:\Program Files (x86) \Razer
Now the folders contained in the directory are all hidden, so you have to unhide them firstly. There is a View tab at the screen top. Hit a click over it. Next, tick the box Hidden Items.
- Now you have to delete every file at this location. You might see a UAC box emerging over the screen that would be asking you to confirm the action. If it happens so, then select the option of Yes in that box. Simultaneously, delete every file you find at the directory mentioned below:
C: \ProgramData\Razer directories
Once you have removed all the files, restart the PC.
- Hit the keys of Windows + R to launch open the Run box. Enter this command devmgmt.msc into it. Now you will be in the Device Manager. Find the option of the Razer device that you are operating and expand the directory. For example, we first select Keyboards. Hit a right-click over the device option and then select the option Uninstall device.
- You might see a warning emerging next over the screen to confirm the action that you requested. Hit Uninstall. Do not forget to tick the box next to the option Delete the driver software for this device.
Now you must follow the same method for removing every Razer device that is installed on the PC that you are using. If you have any doubt regarding the utility of any device, simply uninstall that. Once you are done with the uninstallation of all such drivers and devices, restart the PC. Your system will now install all the default drivers automatically that were related to the devices.
Note: Remember to unplug all the devices while restarting the PC.
At this point, you can also turn the antivirus/firewall applications off. This step is going to prove useful for removing the possibility of any conflict that might hinder the installation of the software.
Now you have to download the newest version of the Microsoft .NET Framework by visiting its official page. Reboot the PC once you have downloaded and installed it and implemented all the necessary changes.
Its time you visit the official website of Razer Synapse. Here you download the latest package and install it rightly. Now check if you can open it and if it runs nicely. You can do this manual installation; however, the Razer Synapse software gets downloaded automatically after you plug the Razer products to the system.
Note: You need to check that you have logged into the system as the administrator while performing the method above. However, if you see Razer Synapse not opening still, you may try not to log in to the current Razer account. Start afresh by clicking on the option New Account.
Also, let’s see how to fix GeForce experience 0x0003 error, and Windows can’t communicate with the device or resource issue effortlessly.
Disable the SurroundRazer
The surround is a feature of the Razer Synapse software that improves the quality of hearing sounds while playing games. Though, it’s been recent that many users complained about this feature as being the reason for the malfunctioning of the Razer Synapse software. Nothing to worry about, we’ve got you covered here with the following method:
- The first thing that you need to do here is that uninstall the Synapse software and also remove every residual file related to it. For doing this, follow the same procedure as we did in the method above.
- Go to the official site of Razer Synapse and download the software from there. Save the file to an easily accessible location.
- Finish the installation of the software. Now, log into the account and allow the software to connect with the internet.
- After you see the pop up of feature update, you need to move ahead with ignoring and canceling it. We don’t have to update the Razer Synapse at this stage. Wait till you see a picture from the software where it asks you to connect any Razer device to the system.
- Once the software gets installed completely and is done procuring the data from the internet, you will see two notifications emerging on the left side stating-
- Synapse Update
- Razer Surround
- Select the notification of Razer Surround and immediately cancel it. Remember that you don’t have to let the system update/install/upgrade Razer Surround as it is the only problem that we are trying to resolve. Updating it would defeat the entire purpose.
- Once you have done this, you can go ahead with updating the software Synapse. Click on the notification of the Synapse Update.
Restart the PC once the update succeeds. See if the Razer Synapse, not opening, can run now.
Note: One thing that you can try is to run the Synapse program in the compatibility mode for troubleshooting it.
Note for the CS: GO players: In some situations, the Razer Synapse software cancels the CS: GO and does not let it open. If you see such instance, first launch the CS: GO with the Steam client and then run Synapse.
Also, click to figure out what to do when the World of Warcraft Was Unable to Start Up 3D Acceleration and how to fix Failed To Play Test Tone issue easily.
Updating the Windows with the latest version
Windows keeps updating itself with regular updates that are meant for fixing the bugs affecting the operating system. We suggest you let these updates be downloaded and installed, don’t stall them for later. New operating systems like Windows 10 get perfect in a long time and with many updates. Follow these steps to update the Windows:
- Press the keys Windows + S for launching the search bar of the Start menu. Enter Windows Update in the box. Hit click over the first option that results from the search.
- After opening the folder of update settings, you will see the button of Check for updates. Click it. Windows will now auto-search for the relevant updates and also install them. The next prompt will be for restarting the PC.
Once the update happens, restart the PC and see if you can operate the Razer Synapse not opening earlier.
Take help from the third-party app: Driver Easy
If you find the process of installing drivers very tedious or Windows not installed, you can let a third-party application do it for you. Driver Easy is one such that facilitates easy downloading of all the relevant driver updates by auto-detecting them and then install them as per the needs of the system. It is very easy to run this app, and all you need to do are the steps below:
- Download the app and install it on the PC.
- Launch Driver Easy and hit the button Scan Now. The app will scan the PC and find all the problematic drivers, such as those related to the Razer Synapse devices.
- Hit the button Update All for starting the process of updating the drivers by downloading and installing the right drivers. To be able to do this, you would need to download the Pro version of Driver Easy.
That’s all. Your ‘Razer Synapse not opening’ will start working just fine now.
Conclusion on How to Fix ‘Razer Synapse Not Opening’
We hope that these methods will help you operate the Razer Synapse not opening and make it error-free. Make your way through these solutions and get back to using the Razer devices like mouse, keyboard, etc. seamlessly.