Like any other smartphone model, Samsung devices experience some glitches at least an occasional basis too. It proves that no smartphone is invincible. The purple screen is one of those common errors that can make users frustrated. So, how to fix this error for good? The fixes are here in this article.
How does the Samsung purple screen begin?
Usually, the purple screen can start as a small spot on the screen. Then, this small spot can grow into a darker and larger patch. Eventually, this patch will be big enough to cover the entire screen of your Samsung device. If you are experiencing this issue, read on this article as we explain the fixes for it. Nevertheless, before we take a look at the solutions, we understand that this issue can cause due to several reasons. In fact, the reason behind the issue can be either software or hardware related issue. So, having an idea about identifying the cause of the issue makes it easier to fix it.
Why purple screen becomes a problem?
Purple screen (often called the purple screen of death as well) is a symptom of a serious error. It indicates that VMKernal related to EXX/ESXi host faces a serious error and becomes incorporative. Also, it terminates the virtual machines that may be operating at the moment. In the simplest explanation, you will be able to see a purple screen because there is a serious error. As a result of this serious error, the applications your device has started to malfunction.
Well, this could be either a hardware-related error that could end up causing serious software issues as well. The emergence of this issue is pretty annoying, needless to say. All in all, the purple screen is a critical problem that can prevent you from using the device.
What are the possible fixes to Samsung purple screen?
As we have mentioned before, we explain several possible fixes to address the purple screen. Some of these steps are pretty simple, while others may need some advanced steps to be taken. Although many individuals think that it’s a difficult process, it is not! That said, let’s take a look at these solutions one by one.
Solution 01: Get rid of the external hardware
One of the most basic fixes you can try to address this issue is removing external hardware. For instance, if you have attached SD cards, headphones, or other devices, you should remove them first. In many cases, damaged or corrupted hardware can necessarily cause various troubles on your device. Even if this method doesn’t fix the issue, it can prevent the issue from growing further. In a nutshell, you can experience at least a better chance of fixing the device after removing the external hardware. This is particularly true if the hardware components you are using are not reliable. Poor quality accessories can often get broken or malfunctioning and thereby cause various troubles on the mother device. So, try this method as the most basic fix, and it doesn’t take much time and effort.
Solution 02: Give your Samsung device a restart
The next most basic option you can try is a restart. In fact, with a simple restart, you can fix various minor issues related to your Samsung device. The best thing is that you don’t need to install any software to get this done. In addition to that, it doesn’t take much time, requires expert knowledge, or delete any data.
Mentioned below are the steps to perform a restart on your Samsung Android device.
- First, press and hold the power button on the Samsung device.
- Then, you should tap on the button of ‘Restart.’ This will get the device restarted.
In most of the cases, a restart will be able to give the device a fresh start. It removes the potential system errors that are associated with your Samsung device and get it back to work.
Solution 03: Reset overclock settings and tools
If you have already overclocked the device to expect better hardware performance, that can give some troubles. Such an approach will generate excessive voltage and excessive heat, as well. As a result of this heat, your device’s screen can have a purple screen of death. To get this issue fixed, you should remove the overclock settings. Once the clocking is reset, the load on the hardware like GPU will be regulated. As a result, you will see that your device works fine without giving any issues.
Solution 04: Use iMyFone Fixppo fix Samsun Purple screen with a couple of clicks
Although the purple screen of death can emerge due to hardware issues, software issues too can be the culprit. If your device doesn’t have any visible damages, but you can see a purple screen, this is true. The best way to solve this issue is by using a smart repair tool like iMyFone Fixppo for Android. In simplest terms, iMyFone Fixppo is considered to be a dedicated tool to repair various issues on Android devices. You don’t want to be an expert in the Android system to use this tool. Also, it can address plenty of errors associated with Android devices without any trouble. So, fixing the purple screen on Samsung can be done using iMyFone Fixppo easily. The best thing about this tool is that it only requires a couple of clicks to fix such issues. Mentioned below are some of the most notable features associated with iMyFone Fixppo for Android.
- In addition to the purple screen of death, Fixppo for Android can be used to fix many issues. For instance, it can fix issues such as the device won’t turn on/off, white/black screen of death, update failures, etc.
- This process supports all the Samsung devices, including the latest devices. The compatibility of the device is appreciable.
- This device utilizes a very advanced technology to fix all the potential issues on your Samsung device.
- The interface of this program is exceptionally simple. Even if you are a beginner, you can make use of this software pretty easily.
- The reviews it has already received are impressive.
Steps to repair purple screen
Now, let’s take a look at the steps to be taken in order to repair the device. Before everything else, you must download and install the respective program on the computer. Then, you should launch the program to follow the simple steps that are mentioned below.
- After launching the program, you will have to click on the ‘Start‘ option to begin the repair process. Then, enter the required information (related to your device). This will let iMyFone Fixppo find the firmware pretty easily. Then, click on the option called ‘Download Firmware‘ option. Then, wait for the software to complete the downloading process.
- Now, you should connect the device into the same computer through a USB cable and put it on the ‘Download‘ mode. If you are not sure about putting it on Download mode, just follow the instructions provided by Fixppo.
- Now that your device is on download mode, Fixppo will start fixing the device. All you have to wait and make sure that the device is connected to PC. At the completion of the process, you will see that the device is restarting automatically. If everything goes well, your device will restart without the purple screen error, and that is it.
Solution 05: Update the device
If you are able to use the device despite the purple screen, just give it an update. All then go to ‘Settings‘ and choose ‘About Device.’ Then, you should check if there is an update. If there is an update, just click on the option called ‘Download and Install.’
Solution 06: Perform a factory reset
This should be the last resort you should try as it erases all the data. However, this is the only method to solve the issue of none of the above methods works for you.
- Go to ‘Settings‘ and choose the option called ‘General Management.’ Then, you will have to choose the option called ‘Reset‘ and then go to ‘Factory Data Reset.’
- Now, the device will restart, and the purple screen should be gone, and the device should be working.
Those are the solutions we can use to fix the Samsung purple screen of death on your Samsung device. You may try all those methods for that the issue is gone. In addition to that, you can even take your device to a reliable service center to fix it.