Many players say that their Pokémon Go failed to detect location all of a sudden. It is needless to mention that Pokémon Go requires accessing the location if you want to play it. So if you end up with “failed to detect location Pokémon Go” situation, read this article and fix it.
Part 1: 5 simple solutions to try if ‘Pokémon Go failed to detect location’
If your Pokémon Go failed to detect location, there could be several reasons behind it. So, to address those different types of causes, there should be different solutions as well. We have identified 05 practical solutions to address “failed to detect location Pokémon Go” issue and listed them below. Go through those fixes carefully and see if they can resolve the issue.
Method 01: Use Mock Locations to Fix Pokémon Go Failed to Detect Location
One of the most effective and practical ways to address this issue is by enabling Mock Locations. In other words, you can set a fake location on your device and trick Pokémon Go. Many users have tried this fix and found it to be effective. Mentioned below are the steps you should follow in order to get it done.
01. Access the “Developer’s Mode” on your device
The first step to use a fake location on your device is to access “Developer Options” on the device. To access it, you should go to “Settings” of the device and choose the option called “About Phone.” You will see an option called “Software Info,” just tap on it. This option will display the build number of the device. To access the “Developer Options,” you should tap on the build number seven times in a row.
02. Install FakeGPS Go on the device
Now that the “Developer Options” is enabled, you can launch Google Play Store and search for FakeGPS Go. After finding the app, tap on it, and install it on the device to proceed to the next level.
03. Enable the Mock Location on your device
The next step is to go to “Settings” again. Then, you should reach “Developer Options” as well. Just open the option called “Select Mock Location App.” You can now see the app you have just installed. This will be displayed in the next menu that appears.
04. Open FakeGPS
It’s time to launch the FakeGPS app now. Just tap on the app so it will be opened. After that, you should set the location on which you prefer to play the game.
Once this step is completed, you can simply click on the button assigned to Play. You can launch Pokémon now and see if “failed to detect location Pokémon Go” issue is gone.
Method 02: Turn on your location services to fix Pokémon Go Failed to Detect Location
Pokémon Go is designed with the intention of making people get up and walk here and there. In other words, as per the default settings, you cannot play this game without moving around. The game requires you to be present in different locations. So, if the location is turned off, you cannot play the game. In general, we tend to keep the location of our devices turned off as a power-saving trick. Also, keeping your location turned off is a safety measure as well. No matter for what reason you’ve turned off the location, you must turn it off to play Pokémon Go. Mentioned below are the steps to turn on the location if you have already turned it off.
- Go to the “Settings” app as the first step and go to the option called “Passwords & Security.”
- Then, you should see the option called “Location.”
- Be sure to check if the toggle switch is turned on. If it is turned on, you can see the icon in a bright color. Otherwise, it will appear in faded color. If the location is turned off, tap to enable it.
That’s it. Just launch Pokémon Go now and see if it works.
By the way, click to figure out how to enable Grindr fake GPS here.
Method 03: Reboot the device and enable GPS to fix Pokémon Go Failed to Detect Location
Performing a reboot on your device is another practical solution if your Pokémon Go failed to detect location. In fact, performing a restart is one of the best ways to fix many minor glitches on your device. If you reboot or restart your device, that may fix issues associated with the location as well. Also, performing a reboot or restart is not a very difficult process. It takes only a few seconds to reboot your phone, so it is always worth trying it. Mentioned before are the simple steps you should follow to restart your device.
- First, you should press the Power Key of the device and wait for a couple of seconds. As a result, you will see a menu that shows a couple of options. Choose the option that says “Reboot” or “Restart.” Then, you should wait for a couple of seconds until the device is rebooted.
- If you are lucky enough, this trick will eliminate the issue. You can turn on GPS on the device once again (you already know how to do it). Then, you should launch your Pokémon Go game and check if the issue is gone.
Method 04: Log out Pokémon Go account and Log in once again
If you are still unable to find a solution, you can try this one as well. In this case, you should log out your Pokémon Go account first. Then, you should enter the credentials once again. As a result, you may be able to remove the potential error and allow you to play the game. Well, let’s look at the steps below.
- First, you should launch Pokémon Go. Then, you should find the Pokéball icon on the main screen and tap on it.
- Once you have done this, you can tap on the option called “Settings.” This option is visible at the top-right corner of the screen.
- You can scroll down to find the option called “Sign Out” and tap on it.
- After logging out, you can enter the credentials of the account once again. After that, just check if you can play the game without trouble.
Method 05: Clear the data of your Pokémon Go app and log in to the account
If the issue is still existing, you must be really frustrated by now and wonder what to do. But don’t get panicked. Instead, you can try our 05th (and last) fix. In this fix, we reset the data related to your Pokémon Go app and clear it. By doing so, we expect to give the app a fresh start. You should know that the apps are installed on your device to collect data over time. Eventually, the components can become a burden and prevent the app from functioning smoothly.
If you’ve used the Pokémon Go app for a long time, the above instance can be applicable to you. If that is the case, the best thing you can do is clear the cache of the Pokémon Go. This will refresh the app, so let’s learn how to do it.
- 01. As the first step, you should launch the “Settings” option on the device. Then, go to the “Apps” tab and tap on it. You can then see the option called “Manage Apps.” Tap on it to proceed.
- 02. You will now see the list of apps that are already installed on your device. You can search for “Pokémon Go” and get it opened. Then, tap on the option called “Clear Data.” Be sure to confirm the action by tapping on “Clear Cache.” Then, tap on “Clear Data” as well. Doing so will reset the data on your Pokémon Go app. Now, you can relaunch the app and log in.
This should fix the error.
Part 2: The easiest way to change the real GPS location on your Pokémon Go app
If you have tried all of the methods mentioned in Part 02 and yet to succeed, don’t worry. Here’s a powerful and handy tool to resolve “failed to detect Pokémon Go location” issue easily. In this case, we use a special app called iMyFone AnyTo, and it can change the location effortlessly. You can pick any location using this tool. Mentioned below are the steps to do it to fix Pokémon Go Failed to Detect Location.
01. Install iMyFone AnyTo on your computer
To start with the process, you should download and install iMyFone AnyTo on your computer. Then, launch the software and click on the option called “Get Started.” Connect the device to the same computer using your USB cable.
02. You can choose a map now
You will now see a map. Choose the option called “Teleport Mode.” Then, choose the preferred location on the map displayed by iMyFone AnyTo. You can simply drag on the map and choose a location. After choosing the location, a sidebar will appear. Just click on “Move.”
That’s it. Your GPS location is changed. You can play your Pokémon Go without experiencing “Pokémon Go failed to detect location” issue now.
Do you know more ways to try if Pokémon Go failed to detect location? If so, we are interested to know your opinion. Please comment below.