Do you also complain that people can’t hear me on my iPhone? Has this been a frequent issue with your phone? Do you have to literally yell while trying to speak with anyone over a call?
If the answer to all the questions asked above is yes, then this article is for you. We understand that it is very disappointing to not being heard clearly on the calls or failing to communicate nicely with others. If such an issue is happening with your iPhone X, too, then let us help you some of the tried and tested tips that will fix the glitch.
The tips will work for all the iOS devices like iPhone 5/6/7/8/XS Max/XS/XR, iPod Touch, iPad, and so on.
So let’s get started.
iMyFone Fixppo – The best third-party fix
If you want a sure shot solution to your problem of people can’t hear me on my iPhone, then going for this method in the first instance itself can be the best bet. iMyFone Fixppo is third-party software that can help you fix this issue in one go. It is a very powerful tool that repairs almost any issue with iOS devices. The program offers three modes and each of them have different features.
- Standard mode
- Advanced mode
- Exit recovery mode
The Standard mode of the application itself is enough for a wide range of problems like black screen, dead iPhone, iPhone stuck in the recovery mode, or restarting loops that may occur in your iOS device. The software is compatible with almost all iOS devices.
The software iMyFone Fixppo is a professional tool that targets the issues of any iOS system and repairs them. It has been trusted and recommended by many popular media sites. It can troubleshoot almost any problem on any device, be it an iPod Touch, iPad, or iPhone. You can run it easily on all the iOS devices and versions like 7/8/9/10/11/12/13.
You can also download it for free on Windows with version 7 and later as well as Mac OS X 10.7 and later.
Now let’s see the process of using this amazing software:
1. Download the application on your PC, finish the installation, and then launch it. Plug your iOS device to the computer and then click on the option Standard Mode.
2. Now, tap on the button Start. Your device must now be put in the DFU mode so that the program becomes able to detect it. If you cannot understand how to put the iPhone X in the DFU mode, you may alternatively try putting it into the Recovery mode.
3. Once you are done with that, the program will search and provide the latest and suitable firmware package for your phone. Now you just need to click on the button Download.
4. The last step requires you to just tap on the button Start. The issue will get fixed now in a matter of a few minutes.
The feedbacks of the users have been very positive regarding the free version. They will make you sure about downloading and giving the software a try.
Other solutions to try for fixing ‘People Can’t Hear Me on My iPhone’
If you think that the reason why people can’t hear me on my iPhone is very basic, then you may want to try any of these solutions that we have given in this section. The only thing that you need to remember here is that the success rate of these methods is low when compared to that of the software iMyFone Fixppo that we have already talked about.
Let’s see the basic six solutions.
1. Check the case of your iPhone to fix ‘People Can’t Hear Me on My iPhone’
There can be many reasons for the inability of the people to hear you on the iPhone, and some of them might be lying with your phone itself. So if you are facing this issue too, then the primary thing that you might want to check is the cover or case of your iPhone. Examine it thoroughly.
It might be the case where the case might be covering the microphone or the receiver. This intercepts the sound from being transmitted properly. What can you do is removing the case and then giving a call to someone. Test the call quality now if you were able to hear the other side nicely. We suggest you try this step first before trying any other method.
2. Check if the Headphone mode is on
There is one more thing to try if the problem remains unsolved. Sometimes the Headphone mode gets turned on automatically. There are some things that you might want to try to solve this.
Firstly, see if there is any debris or gunk stuck into the audio jacks of the receiver or microphone. If it is, then clean them out. The next thing you can try is plugging the headphones in and out quickly. Doing this might prove helpful as sometimes the iPhone cannot recognize the headphones that have been connected with it. Plugging them in and out for a few times might help the phone detect the connection process.
If you are using an adapter, perform the same process with the adapter too.
3. Check the noise cancellation feature in your device
If your iPhone X is not allowing people to hear you properly, then this is another fix for you to try. There is a feature called Phone Noise Cancellation, which aims at minimizing the disturbances around during a call. Sometimes this feature itself might become a reason for the voice to diminish altogether.
You may then try checking if the feature is enabled on your device too. To be able to do that, go to the Settings of your device. Then go into the tab Accessibility, and here you will see the option of Phone Noise Cancellation. If the option is turned on, then toggle it off. It might solve the issue, and people might begin hearing from you now.
4. Check if the Bluetooth is on
Bluetooth might be the next thing that you want to troubleshoot as a probable reason why people can’t hear me on my iPhone. For doing that, check the Connection settings on your iPhone. Just go into the Settings of the device and click on the option Bluetooth. If you find it on, then toggle it off and thereby disable it.
5. Check the Receiver to fix ‘People Can’t Hear Me on My iPhone’
The next option to try is checking the receiver of your phone. You can do so by following these steps given below:
- Open the app Voice Memos on your iPhone. Record any audio over it for any short duration.
- Once you have recorded a voice note, tap on the play icon, and hear the recorded note on the speaker.
- Now, click on the button Play again and listen to the clip from the sound receiver of your iOS device.
If you see that the sound being heard is totally normal and there is not crackling kind of noise in it, it means that the receivers are working perfectly fine. The other thing that gets implied is that the problem is with your carrier network or maybe something else.
6. Hard resetting the device to fix ‘People Can’t Hear Me on My iPhone’
If the problem is still unresolved, then this might be the last option for you to try. Yes, we are talking about hard restarting the iPhone. It works in most of the cases. However, if you own an iPhone X, then the method to hard reset it is a bit different from the other models. Following are the steps to perform the method:
- Press the button Volume Up and then release it quickly too.
- Do the above process with the button Volume Down as well.
- Now press the button Power and keep it held till you see that the Apple logo has appeared over the screen. There you go.
Final verdict on how to fix ‘People Can’t Hear Me on My iPhone’
We understand how frustrated you feel while telling me that people can’t hear me on my iPhone. It gets very annoying when you have something important to share with your friend over a call, but your voice breaks or fails to be received on the other end. The iPhone X users have reported facing this issue frequently.
We provided some of the helpful tips and tricks to you for solving this ‘People Can’t Hear Me on My iPhone’ problem, and we hope that they will fix this issue. At last, if the iPhone X is under the warranty period, then visit the Apple Store nearby and get it exchanged for a new one or ask assistance from them.