Microsoft Outlook is considered to be one of the most useful tools for businesses as well as for individuals. The uses of Outlook are many, and it can handle a notable load of office work every day.
Once you have gotten used to relying on Outlook, it becomes an integral part of your office work schedule. So, what if you turn on your computer only to find out your Outlook disconnected?
It is needless to say how frustrating such an experience is. But don’t worry because we are going to explain how to address this issue for good.
As you may already know, Outlook becomes exceptionally helpful in accomplishing various office-related tasks in a more organized way. Apart from managing your emails, it can help with calendaring and contact management, as well.
So, it is needless to mention how important such a tool is for a methodically operating business. Once Outlook is disconnected, handling all those tasks becomes a very serious issue.
So, every Outlook user cannot wait until the issue is fixed. But don’t worry as this article brings you the good news. This article comprises practical solutions to fix the disconnected outlook program.
Microsoft Outlook As a Smart Manager for Your Personal Information
For a pretty long time, Microsoft Outlook is considered to be a prominent solution as an information management system. It is used widely as an email client when it comes to internal and external communication.
One of the most impressive features of Microsoft Outlook is its excellent user interface with a simplified appearance. The speed it works and the efficiency it delivers are appreciable. This special software can manage all the clients of a respective organization without any hassle. It can also share calendars and contact lists, as well.
The main purpose of Outlook is to make your work faster and more efficient. You can use it to coordinate meetings, as well. Mailboxes can be shared in order to increase work efficiency and productivity. All in all, Outlook is very impressive software that offers professional integration of several essential tools.
The Functionality of Microsoft Outlook
Microsoft Outlook comes in the form of a desktop email client. You can synchronize the respective app with the email ID you are using. Once configured correctly, you can send and receive emails through Outlook.
With the help of Outlook, you can compose well-formatted email messages. In addition to that, you can use different colors and fonts in the email. You can even check the spelling of the email before sending it and make it more professional.
In addition to sending email messages, Outlook can be used as a task manager and contact manager, as well. It comes with a calendar, note-taking tool, a journal, and even a web browser.
With the assistance of the calendar feature, you can manage time properly and plan the time ahead. With such an approach, you will not miss any meetings or important appointments.
What Can You Do if Outlook Disconnected?
You already know how important Outlook is for your organization. Under such circumstances, it goes without saying that it can be very frustrating when Outlook is disconnected.
The entire internal and external emailing system will go down. Also, you will not be able to use other features as well. So, it is inevitable to know how to fix this issue if you happen to use Outlook pretty often.
In certain cases, the Outlook application will display an alert message emphasizing that it is disconnected. The truth is that this error is pretty common and may appear at any time.
As a result of this error, you will not be able to send or receive messages to and from clients. In order to get it repaired, you should consider the solutions mentioned below.
Also, if you are experiencing the outlook.pst cannot be found issue, here are the top solutions for you.
Solution 01: Using Stellar Repair for Outlook [RECOMMENDED]
This is the most convenient method of all. Also, the success rate of this method is impressive. You can get your Outlook client repaired in no time and get back to the normal track.
In this case, you should use special software called Stellar Repair for Outlook.
Although Stellar Repair for Outlook is a professional software, it is a very user-friendly software for any person. You don’t have to possess any expert knowledge to use this software and repair your Outlook issues.
- You can use Stellar Repair for Outlook to repair corrupted or damaged Outlook OST/PST files.
- It can recover deleted files apart from fixing the ‘Outlook disconnected‘ issue. For instance, it can recover deleted emails, contacts, calendars, attachments, notes, tasks, journals, etc.
- You can use it to export data in formats like HTML, PDF, EML, MSG, PST, and RTF.
- It worked with Outlook versions from 2003 to 2019.
Solution 02: Restart the PC to Fix Outlook Disconnected
If you experience the ‘Disconnected’ error on your Outlook, one of the most basic solutions is performing a restart. For many users, restarting works, especially if the problem is a pretty simple one. So, for our readers, we strongly suggest trying this solution as the first resort.
As a result of restarting, your computer will give a fresh start to all the applications and the OS. You should then relaunch the Outlook application and see if it works. For many users, this trick should work.
Solution 03: Ping to the Server to Fix Outlook Disconnected
If Outlook disconnected even after restarting the PC, you should try to ping the server and see what happens. Pinging is a command that is integrated into your operating system.
With this utility, you will be able to determine whether there is something wrong with the server or host. With ping, you can check if there is enough speed in the connection between your network and the internet.
So, to check it, you should follow the steps below.
- As the first step, you should go to the ‘Start‘ menu of your computer and access the ‘Run‘ utility.
- Then, enter the text CMD and click on OK.
- You will see the command prompt appeared in a separate window.
- In that window, you should type the command ‘Ping.’ It should be followed by the name of the Exchange Server before hitting the ‘Enter‘ key.
- Now, ‘ping‘ will run for a couple of seconds, and eventually, it will display the results on the screen. These results will be displayed as ‘Responses.’ If there is a response mentioning ‘Request Timed Out,’ there is an issue with the network connectivity. Or, the respective issue can be on the ‘Exchange Server.’ If that is the case, you should contact the server team and get it fixed.
- Do you see responses with packet data (such as Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 0)? If so, there is no trouble related to the server or network connectivity, and it works fine. In that case, you don’t want to check the LAN cable or for any troubles related to the connectivity.
Solution 04: Check Your Active Directory for Its Password Settings
Before everything else, you should check if the Microsoft Outlook account is functioning properly. In order to do that, you should check the password of the Active Directory (LAN) account.
With that, you can make sure if the respective account is already expired or has been suspended due to some reason.
- Check if the domain account is locked. Also, check if the password has expired.
- If the client requires you to perform a password reset for the domain, do it.
- Now, you should access the active directory. Then, you should click on the users.
- You should scroll down and locate the respective user (whose password should be reset).
- Select the faulty user and then click on the option labeled ‘Reset Password.’
- Enter a new password and then reenter it to confirm.
Solution 05: See if the Program Has Gone Offline
There are many times in which Microsoft Outlook goes offline. Sometimes it happens because of a change in the network or any other similar issue.
If it is the case with you, that can definitely cause the error ‘Outlook disconnected.’ So, be sure to check if Outlook has gone offline.
If Outlook is offline, just go back to the settings and follow the below-mentioned steps to fix it.
- Launch the Outlook application as the first step.
- Scroll down to the bottom, and you will see the ‘Disconnected’ notification in the right corner. Click on the message.
- You will then see a context menu list pops out. There will be a checkbox suggesting that Outlook has gone offline.
- If it is checked, you should click on it again to uncheck it, so Outlook will be online.
Solution 06: Restart Outlook in Safe Mode
If none of the methods mentioned above hasn’t worked for you so far, restart Outlook in Safe Mode. Mentioned below are the steps to do it.
- Go to the Start menu and launch the ‘Run’ utility.
- Once the ‘Run’ dialog box appears, just type the text outlook.exe/safe. Then, click, OK.
In addition to that, if you have any add-ons that are recently installed, disable them and see what happens. Once the add-ons are disabled, you should restart Outlook to see if the app is working.
All the methods we have mentioned in this article will help resolve the ‘Outlook disconnected‘ issue. However, the very first solution (Stellar Repair for Outlook) is the most convenient option compared to the others.
Also, the success rate of that software is very impressive. In addition to that, if you have any other solutions to address this issue, please let us know. Your feedback is very important to us.