Wondering how to open a password-protected ZIP file, but you don’t have the password? Well, it is possible as long as you use the correct tool and follow the correct method. So, let’s find it out.
Technically, the ZIP file format is introduced to archive multiple files and save storage space on the computer. Those ZIP files can contain even sensitive information. Therefore, many users have got used to protecting those ZIP files by using passwords. So, if someone wants to acquire the files included in ZIP files should have the respective password.
So, what if you don’t remember the password? What can you do n that case? Can’t you open a password-protected ZIP file? Well, in the simplest terms, it is possible even if you don’t have the password. The methods we reveal in this article can be useful to anyone who has forgotten their protected files’ passwords.
Part 1: Use Passper for ZIP to open password-protected ZIP file without a password
Although there can be various options to unlock a password-protected ZIP file, Passper for ZIP is the best ZIP password cracker. This special tool has a very powerful and smart algorithm to scan and recover the ZIP passwords efficiently.
Passper for ZIP is introduced by a famous software company called iMyFone. This robust program has a user-friendly interface that enables users to unlock encrypted files through only two steps. In addition to that, this program is designed to be compatible with all the available ZIP archives. For instance, it is compatible with 7-ZIP, WinZip, PKZIP, and so on.
Mentioned below are some of the other significant features associated with Passper for ZIP.
- It comprises of 4 attack modes with different intensity levels to choose from. These modes are there to increase the chances of recovering the password of the protected ZIP files.
- Passper for ZIP has a faster unlocking speed compared to any other tool of its kind. That is specifically because of the cutting-edge algorithm as well as the NVIDIA/AMD/GPU acceleration.
- This special tool guarantees the safety of your data. In fact, Passper for ZIP doesn’t require any internet access to unlock the ZIP files. The files are never uploaded to a remote server. Instead, they are processed when they are stored in your local disc. So, there is no risk of compromising your data to third-parties.
- It can save ZIP files when in a recovery state. This feature is handy to overcome potential interruptions that occur during the recovery process. As a result of this feature, you can stop the process and resume it whenever you want.
- Passper for ZIP comes with a very small file size. In fact, it has less than 3MB of file weight. As a result of this lightweight, it doesn’t take much space on your computer. Also, it doesn’t slow down the PC.
- As mentioned before, Passpwer fo ZIP is offered under iMyFone. This brand is highly recognized across the globe, even by some corporate clients.
Now that you have a basic understanding of the key features of Passper. Let’s learn how to use it. The process is mentioned below in step-by-step mode.
To start the process, you should visit the official website of Passper for ZIP. After that, download and install Passper on the computer.
- As the first step, you should see an icon labeled “Add” on the main screen. You can click on it so you can import the locked ZIP file to its interface.
- Once the file is added to the software, you can pick an attack mode to crack the password. There are 04 options to choose from, depending on the situation.
- Now that an attack mode is chosen, you will have to click on the option called “Recover.” This will start the recovery process on the respective file. Passper for ZIP file will start the unlocking process, and the results can be displayed immediately. However, you should remember that the duration of the process will depend majorly on the complexity of the password. At the completion of the process, you will see that there is a popup window with the password. Just copy the password and use it and open the ZIP file.
PS: here are the top best WinRAR password remover for your reference. Also, let’s figure out how to reset the password on HP laptop without disk effortlessly.
Part 2: How to use NSIS and open password-protected ZIP file?
Nullsoft Scriptable Install System (abbreviated NSIS) is another method you can use to open protected ZIP files. In fact, Nullsoft Scriptable Install System is a script-driven installer that is available in Windows systems. This special method can decrypt the ZIP files simply by converting the files to .exe files. You can then download the same file into the computer. After that, you should install it to the ZIP so it will be unlocked. As you can realize, this is a pretty tricky, challenging method that may take some effort. Anyway, it can still get the job done to unlock your ZIP file and let you use it.
- First, you should download NSIS on the PC. After that, you should double click on the downloaded file, and it will run.
- Now, you should select the option called “Installer based on ZIP file” to proceed. This method is located on the left column on the home screen.
- You can now import the locked ZIP file you intend to unlock without the password. After that, you should just click on “Open.” After that, you can simply navigate through the local hard drive and upload the respective file.
- When the ZIP file is uploaded to the program, the file is ready to be regenerated. First, you should click on the option called “Browse.” After that, you should provide the accessible save path to the same .exe file. You can then click on the option called “Generate.”
- You must make sure that you don’t interrupt the process until it is 100% completed. At the completion of this process, you should find the .exe file on the respective location.
- As the last step, you should run the created .exe file. Once the .exe file is installed, you can extract the ZIP file. After that, it can be opened without using the password.
The steps we have mentioned above are verified in various blogs and various YouTube channels. According to many users, this method has worked for them. However, some users say that they get various error messages when they try to open the file.
Part 3: Use an online method to open a password-protected ZIP file
Suppose that you don’t want to install any third-party program on your device to open a password-protected ZIP file. What can you do about it then? In that case, the only solution is to use an online tool to open a password-protected ZIP file. There are some powerful online tools that claim to have an impressive success rate. Moreover, some of the online tools are provided without charging anything.
Most of these tools are pretty simple to use. So, in this part of our article, we explain how to unlock a protected ZIP file with no password. In this example, we will be using a tool called passwordrecovery.io. You can use this tool for free. You should launch the file and select the option called “Select Password Protected File.” After that, you should upload the encrypted ZIP file. Once you have done that, the respective tool will look for the password. The result (whether the password is found) is displayed on the screen as a notification.
What are the drawbacks and risks associated with online tools?
There are some drawbacks associated with this method. Mentioned below are those drawbacks for your reference.
● Potential for data leakages
Whenever you use an online tool, there is always a chance for your data to be vulnerable. You are required to upload the files to a remote server, and you will never know what happens next. If that file contains sensitive data, things can be pretty risky. Also, some of those online services warn you before uploading sensitive data.
● Not-so-impressive recovery rate
Most of the online password crackers can crack only weak passwords. Also, the majority of those services charge extra to crack complex passwords.
● Limitations on file size
Pretty much all the online tools have some limitations when uploading files. They either limit the file size or the number of files.
● Solely depend on an internet connection
Online tools are working solely based on an internet connection. If the connection becomes weak or unstable, the process can be interrupted.
Important: There is no reliable way to unlock protected ZIP files on an Android device. So, you should either transfer the file to a PC or do it online without using a software tool.
By the way, let’s learn more about how to unlock RAR password effortlessly.
So, that’s how to open a password-protected ZIP file. You can use any of the above methods but be sure that you choose the most reliable option. Our recommendation is Passper for ZIP because of its secured, fast and reliable performance. Do you know other reliable methods to get it done? Please share them with us.