An MKV joiner becomes very useful when you have multiple MKV clips to be combined seamlessly. In fact, MKV is a popular video format among users today. Therefore, the requirement of merging MKV files arises pretty often. The main job of an MKV joiner is to create a single video using multiple video clips.
If you do some research on the subject of MKV joiner tools, you will end up with many options. However, the truth is that not all those tools are as good as they claim. Some of those tools come with very complex interfaces, and some have constant bugs. That said, choosing the best MKV joiner should be done after extensive research. But don’t worry as we have done the hard work for you.
Part 1: What is the best MKV joiner for Windows and Mac?
As we mentioned, there is no shortage of MKV joiner tools to choose from. However, some are better than others due to various reasons. Some tools come with very convenient user-interfaces, while others show greater power. Some are lightweight, and some come with greater compatibility. Wondershare UniConverter is a rare tool that comes as a combination of all those good characteristics. That means, it has a user-friendly interface, greater compatibility, smooth operation, and exceptionally fast merging process.
You can download Wondershare UniConverter conveniently through their website on your Windows or Mac. Also, you can add multiple files to the software at once for the merging process. Apart from merging the files on the local system, you can add files from external sources and convert ISO to MKV format, MKV to DivX as well. For instance, you can add files from phones, camcorders, and USB flash drives as well. In addition to that, it has options to choose different types of output formats as well. So, we strongly consider Wondershare UniConverter to be the best in the business.
Features of MKV joiner
- It can merge any number of MKV videos with a single-click operation to make it easier.
- It delivers super-fast results without causing any loss of results.
- Be compatible with more than 1000 video formats. For instance, it supports formats such as MKV, MOV, AVI, WMV, MP4, FLV, etc.
- You can edit MKV files in various ways, including trimming, rotating, adding subs, cropping, etc.
- Wondershare UniConverter has preset for pretty much all the devices such as iPhones, iPods, Samsung, Huawei, etc.
- It comes with a 30X faster conversion speed compared to the other conventional converters. This is specifically due to the APEXTRANS technology it utilizes.
- Burn MKV videos to a DVD or a Blu-ray disk also with free DVD menu templates.
- It can even transfer video clips between devices from computer to iOS devices and others.
- It has a very powerful, versatile toolbox that can add video metadata, GIF maker, video compressor, etc. And it also has a screen recorder.
- This special tool is compatible with all the operating systems from Windows 7 to Windows XP. Also, it is compatible even with the latest macOS.
Please follow the below simple steps to merge two files through the MKV joiner.
- First, you should download and install the MKV joiner (Wondershare UniConverter) on your computer. Then, you should launch it to see the main screen. You can load the local files to this interface simply by selecting the button that depicts the “add” sign. It is located under the tab called “Video Converter.” The videos on this device will be added to it simply by selecting the connected device. It can be found under the drop-down menu, which is located in the option called “Add from Device Button.”
- Now, you should select the target format and the resolution. It is located under the Video tab that can be seen after expanding the drop-down of “Output Format.”
- Now, you should enable the option labeled “Merge All Files.” It can be seen at the bottom menu bar. The tab labeled “Output” can be used in this case to select the location. Choose a folder you can remember well. Now, you should click on the button labeled “Start All,” and that will start the merging process.
Part 2: Free MKV joiner tools you shouldn’t miss
Wondershare UniConverter is a powerful MKV joiner that comes with plenty of professional tools. However, it is not a free MKV joiner. So, those who don’t want to buy a professional tool may wish to use a free option. In this section of our article, we explain a couple of free tools that can do a decent job. Although they are not as professional and comprehensive as UniConverter, they are free after all. So, they can do some causal jobs done. In fact, there are two widely used options we would like to emphasize.
Free Video Converter is another tool provided by Wondershare, which offers the UniConverter. Well, you can consider this as the free version of UniConverter that lets you merge MKV, MOV, MP4, etc. You can download this free tool through the official website of Wondershare. Once the installation is done, you can simply load the MKV files from the system. If not, you can load files from devices that are connected to the same PC. Then, you should choose to merge those files into a single video file. The output file format can be changed according to your requirement. In addition to that, you can choose the resolution as well.
This tool can work as a very good MKV joiner that doesn’t lose quality. Moreover, there are some additional features associated with this free tool. For instance, it has a video conversion, YouTube downloader, video editor, and so on. The only drawback associated with this tool is that it produces an output with a watermark. There are no limitations to features with this tool, though. As long as you are OK with the watermark on the output video, you can use this free tool. However, we don’t recommend this tool for professional projects.
This is another tool that can work as a pretty useful MKV joiner for you. However, this tool is an online tool that doesn’t need any installation to be done. It can work straight away from the browser window without installing anything on your computer. As long as you have an internet connection and a web browser, Clideo can be your online MKV joiner. Well, this service is compatible with all the formats, including MKV. It can be added to the program interface through the local system and cloud as well. That means it works with Google Drive and DropBox as well.
You can allow adjusting the size and the borders to create videos with seamless merging. In addition to that, this tool lets you choose desired aspect ratios such as resolution, format, and other parameters. Well, this is a handy tool that can serve your everyday needs when it comes to video merging.
Part 3: Other ways to merge MKV
If you want more options to merge MKV files, here are some of them.
01. BandiCut – MKV joiner
Do you want to merge the videos that are in MKV, MP4, MOV, or any other format? If that is, you can use BandiCut to get it done. In fact, this is a free tool that allows you to get a decent job done. You can download this program on any Windows PC. In fact, this program is compatible with Windows operating system only. This program doesn’t re-encode the videos. Apart from that, this tool lets you choose the file format, resolution value, and other parameters. This software comes with a high-speed mode as well, so you can quickly merge MKV files that are added.
02. BoilSoft Video Joiner
Are you using a Mac and looking for a software that can work as a good MKV joiner? If so, BoilSoft Video Joiner could be a good solution. Well, this tool supports pretty much all the standard video file formats, including MKV.
If the files have the same format and properties, you can add them to the interface of the process. You will be able to add several files for the process of merging without a limitation. Also, you can use the drag-and-drop functionality. Moreover, the preview function comes with this tool so you can see if the output matches your requirement.
That said, BoilSoft Video Joiner is a pretty handy tool for Mac users who want to join MKV files.
Also, click to find out how to open MOD files on Mac with ease.
Well, we presented several MKV joiner tools in this article, and each one of them has unique characteristics. Some tools come with certain drawbacks as well. After comparing all those tools, we can consider Wondershare UniConverter as the best MKV joiner. The features of this tool are impressive and very powerful. The user-friendly interface and powerful performance of UniConverter make it one of the best in the industry.