Out of the bundle of problems that are complained about by the iPhone users, the iTunes is downloading the software for this iPhone is a very annoying one. The problem gets even worse when the device goes into the recovery mode, and you get stuck with a blank screen. Confused as to how to deal with this situation?
We dedicate this article to you, where we provide the best of solutions to rid your device with this problem. We have also included the two wonderful applications – Tenorshare ReiBoot and iMyFone Fixppo that promise to deal with the issue end to end. So without further ado, let’s get started.
What causes ‘iTunes is downloading the software for this iPhone’ issue?
Such error messages usually occur when you try to update, restore, or sync your iPhone with the help of the iTunes app. If you attempt to disrupt any of these processes, this issue is the result of it. It just disables you to move any further as iTunes gets stuck with the particular firmware or software forever. There can be many reasons for it
- Device fails in connecting to the Apple server
- Malfunctioning of the iOS system
- A broken internet connection
- Any hardware issue on the phone
- Any third-party software related to security hampering the connection of the device with the servers
Remove the iTunes is downloading the software for this iPhone problem with these best two software
This amazing software helps you in recovering your iOS system if the issue lies with it only. Recovery of the system also repairs any other related problem like the hurdles caused by Apple logo, recovery mode, Safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid, and updates in the functioning of the iPhone through iTunes. It’s a one-stop solution to around 50+ problems, and the best part is that you don’t have to worry about the loss of data while you troubleshoot the OS.
The Tenorshare ReiBoot is available to download for Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10 and all macOS versions till Catalina 10.15. You just need to download this software on your PC from its official website and then install it. Then follow the steps as given below to fix the error of iTunes is downloading the software for this iPhone:
1) Open the software. Connect the device to it. Now go to the main interface, click that option Repair Operating System for starting the process of the iOS fixation.
2) The next screen will have the option Start Repair to begin the recovery process. Click that icon.
3) The software will now identify the version of the connected iPhone and then provide a suitable firmware package for it. This package file can be downloaded in a span of some time.
4) Once the file gets downloaded, click that option Repair Now. This will start the repair operation.
Wait for some time till the process gets over. The software will give a notification for the completion. The device will now reboot, after which it will be back to functioning normally.
2. iMyFone Fixppo
This is another third-party software that works best for fixing issues like restarting on loop, white/black screen, recovery mode, Apple logo, screen freezing, etc. that may happen with your iPhone. This powerful tool is undoubtedly the best alternative to iTunes and fixes the error of iTunes is downloading the software for this iPhone.
The best part is that your data will be completely safe in the process of repair. The software has some unique technologies that allow it to fix the issues where even iTunes fails. It works differently than iTunes even while using the same firmware. It can easily fix any issue when iTunes gets stuck while downloading any software for any iOS device like iPod Touch, iPad, or iPhone.
The data remains safe from getting lost during device repairing. It helps the phone enter or even exits the recovery mode easily without harming the data stored. The free version of the software is best for trials and can fix the iPhone stuck in the recovery mode. You can download the application for Windows systems of version 7 or beyond and MacOS X 10.7 and later ones.
Now we will be giving you the steps that you need to follow to use the iMyFone Fixppo tool for fixing the iOS system issues. They are as follows:
1) Download the latest and updated version of the software on the PC. Install it and open it. Select the option of Standard Mode on the main screen of the program. Connect the iOS device to the PC. Now click on Next.
2) At this step, if the program successfully recognizes the device connected, you can move on to start the process. If the device remains unrecognized, then you would need to put it in recovery mode/DFU by following the instructions as they appear on the screen. Now the phone will be recognized by the application, and it will provide the available firmware files for it. Here, choose any version that you find suitable. Click on Download to get the matching software for your iPhone.
3) The process of system fixing will begin soon once you click upon the Start option. After the process finishes, the device will be completely relieved of the issues, and the error of iTunes is downloading the software for this iPhone will be gone.
Some general methods to get rid of iTunes is downloading the software for this iPhone issue
We also need to take those situations into cognizance where the phone might still be functioning normally or just stuck due to some temporary issue. Aiming to solve such problems, we will be providing you with some general troubleshooting techniques.
By the way, if you have a problem with iTunes could not restore the iPhone because the password was incorrect or iTunes Error 17, click to fix it now.
1. Update the iTunes app
You may try this method for the starters. Try updating the software on the PC as it may be the root cause of the entire problem. Upon the lack of proper and latest updates, the software might get stranded and malfunction during various operational activities. You need to go to the toolbar to check for any update that may have come up.
Click that option of Help present on the toolbar. Now select the option of Check for Updates. You can perform this task of updating iTunes in the section of Apple Software Update too.
If you are working on a Mac, then just visit the App store on it. Locate the Updates tab and just click it. This will show you all the available updates for the iTunes app, if any. You can do this in a PC with Windows OS similarly by going in the Help section.
Now just update the app iTunes into the latest available version. This will hopefully fix all the issues troubling the device.
By the way, here are the best solutions for you to fix iTunes is waiting for Windows update to install the driver for this iPhone issue with ease.
2. Restoring the data from backups
For fixing the iTunes is downloading the software for this iPhone error, you may also try this method of getting the backups back to work. You have to restore any earlier data from the backup created by iTunes. These data restores may sometimes be the solution to the bugs that cause the error. For using the iTunes backups by restoring them, follow the given steps:
1) Check if you have the latest version of iTunes running on your computer. Open the application then. Now connect your phone to the PC and let iTunes detect it.
2) Now go into the Summary option. Here you will see the option of Restore Backup. Click on that option. Select the files that you wish to backup. Now stay in the window and wait until all the selected settings and data are restored.
3. Reset the settings of your Network
This option can also be chosen by you for fixing the problem of iTunes is downloading the software for this iPhone that made your phone dysfunctional. Resetting the setting of the network that you are connected to may solve the inherent issues with it that will lead to automatic resolution of the errors in the iTunes app or the iPhone. To be able to do so, follow the given steps:
1) Open the Settings app on your iPhone. Click that option, General. Now scroll down to the bottom in this menu, locate the option of Reset and click it.
2) In the menu that opens now, select the option of Reset Network settings. Now you have to enter the password of your device. Once done, the process will start.
3) You must remember that doing this will remove all the customized and currently saved network settings on the phone. However, the data will not be erased. Go and check if the error is gone or persists.
4. Perform a hard reset on the iPhone
This can be the last option to try if all the above-mentioned tricks failed to work for you. It can be quite a serious problem when your iPhone is in the recovery mode, and then the error message of iTunes is downloading the software for this iPhone that emerges on the screen. Resetting the phone can work here, but you will have to be careful with it. Every other model of iPhone has a different method for this, and you should know it to avid landing into another issue that may just amplify the situation.
Let’s look at how to reset different iPhone models hard.
● In the case of iPhone 6 and the earlier models:
Press the home and wake or sleep button at the same time. Keep them pressed till the phone’s screen becomes black. Now leave the buttons. Wait till that Apple logo becomes visible on the screen.
● In the case of iPhone 7 Plus and 7:
Press the home button along with the volume down button at the same time. Keep them pressed till that Apple logo becomes visible on the screen.
● In the case of iPhone 8 and the later models:
These models have a more complex method for hard resetting. Press the button Volume up and then leave it immediately. Now do the same process with the button Volume down. Now is the last step where you press the wake/sleep button and keep it held until that Apple logo becomes visible on the screen.
Follow the steps for the model of the iPhone that you have. Now reboot the device. This may remove the problem of iTunes is downloading the software for this iPhone too.
The two software – Tenorshare ReiBoot and iMyFone Fixppo deserve to be your choice for the best results they give in resolving the iTunes is downloading the software for this iPhone issue. They are highly praised for their simple and secure interfaces, proficiency, and high efficiency. You may also try the other general methods if they seem more suitable. Do share your experience with us!