Initially, when the iPhone was released in the first decade of the 21st century, the purpose of the iPhone was only to manage your music gallery just like other android phones’ music players. Over the years, with continuous updates and release of newer, technologically advanced iPhones, Apple has also worked on updating its iTunes. With these updates and fixes, iTunes now has the capacity to back up your iPhone data as well as restore it, including fixing other issues being faced by iOS. When restoring the iPhone using iTunes, multiple users are faced with iPhone restore errors.
Well, when this happens, we urge you to stay calm and do not panic. This is a very common issue, and there are various methods available to fix this issue. In this article, we will explain all the top solutions available for fixing iPhone restore errors. Before going into details, we will list possible, iPhone restore errors that you might face to help you in a better way.
PS: here, you will figure out how to restore the new iPhone X from iCloud backup selectively and how to restore iPhone X from iTunes, as well as how to fix iPhone won’t restore easily.
Part 1. List of Likely iPhone Restore Errors
Before digging into different solutions, let us look into possible iPhone restore errors that one can face while restoring or updating iPhone
- iPhone Restore Error 0xE8000065 – when you connect your phone, you might see a window showing this error that an unknown error occurred. This error does not occur because there is some issue with your iPhone. Instead, this iPhone Restore Error occurs when you are trying to update using Windows-based PC.
- Restore Error 9 – This error occurs when restoring your iPhone or during the firmware update. This iPhone restore error may occur due to blockage of Apple servers by your computer’s security software or when your computer’s software settings have been corrupted or if a firewall is activated hindering access to external servers.
- iPhone Restore Error 4005 – The iPhone could not be restored: An unknown error occurred (4005). This error may occur if your iTunes version is too old or your iPhone is low on battery.
- iPhone Restore Error 4013 – The iPhone could not be restored: An unknown error occurred (4013). You may be faced with this error when you are trying to restore your device, and the firmware is damaged, or the iTunes version is outdated.
- Restore Error 1015 – The iPhone could not be restored: An unknown error occurred (1015). When you are faced with this error, the following message may be displayed on your screen – “the required resource cannot be found.” The users normally face this when they are trying to downgrade to an older iOS version due to some reason or when they are trying to do unauthorized modifications to the iOS.
- iPhone Restore Error 13 – A lot of users have faced this error and conveyed it to Apple. You may be faced with this error when you are trying to restore your device, and the firmware is damaged, or the iTunes version is outdated.
- iPhone Restore Error 21 – During the iPhone/iTunes restore process, if you are faced with this error, this may be due to your iTunes starting to download the custom restore IPSW, but authentication is blocked for this action.
- Restore Error 37 – If you encounter Error 37 during iPhone restore, then it may be due to older iTunes version or incompatible network settings on your computer.
- iPhone Error 56 – Multiple iOS users have been complaining about this recurring error while restoring their iPhone. If this error appears, your phone gets hanged and does not respond to any action on the touch screen.
Part 2: Rectifying the iTunes Restore Errors:
Now we have looked at some of the most common iPhone Restore Errors that you might face. Let us now dig into finding their appropriate solutions:
1. Updating iTunes on PC
Most of the errors listed above are caused to be occurred because of older or incompatible iTunes versions on your MAC or PC. If this is the case, then it is the right time to upgrade the iTunes version on your computer. The steps for both Mac and Windows have been listed below:
For Windows: open the iTunes window; on top of the screen, click on the Menu -> Help -> Check for Updates. If an update is available, download and install it and try again.
For Mac: Open iTunes Check for Updates. If an update is available, download and install it and try again.
2. Updating Windows/Mac OS
Sometimes the iTunes face compatibility issues with your PC. This is because your Windows or Mac OS version is outdated. To have an error-free experience, you need to update your computer to the latest OS.
Updating to the latest OS enhances security and boosts the performance of your Windows or Mac system. You can always check for new updates on your computer if the automatic update is not enabled.
Step 1: Open Start from Taskbar -> Settings -> Updates and Security.
Step 2: Click on Check for updates. The updates will automatically start to download.
Step 1: In the Apple menu, click on System Preferences Software Updates.
Step 2: if an update is available for your Mac, click update Now.
3. Restarting your iPhone
Restarting your iPhone is very easy to use method to fix iPhone restore errors.
For iPhone X and latest models – you need to press and hold the power button with one of the volumes up or down buttons until you see the restart button.
For iPhone 8 and older models – you need to press and hold the Side button or volume up button until you see the restart button.
Once you see the restart slider, drag it and then check if your iPhone Restore error is solved upon restart.
4. Restarting your Computer
In solution 2, if you need to restart your computer after installing an update, kindly do it. Upon restart, open the iTunes and check if the iPhone Restore Error has been resolved
Part 3: Rectifying iCloud Restore Errors
The solutions explained in the previous part should fix most of the iPhone restore errors. If you are still facing this error on your device, then try the following methods:
1. Force Restart iPhone
You can try to resolve iPhone restore errors by trying to force-restart your iPhone.
For iPhone 8 and later models: you need press and hold the button of ‘Volume Up’, release it, and then the button of Volume Down. Then press & hold the button of power on/off until the iPhone restarts.
For iPhone 7 & 7 Plus: you need to press & hold the button of power & the button of volume down until you see that Apple logo indicating a restart of your device.
For iPhone 6, 6+, and earlier models: Press & hold the button of power & the button of the home until you see that Apple logo indicating a restart.
2. Log out/log in iCloud Account
Another way that might be beneficial is to log out and log back into your account
1. Settings -> click on Sign Out.
2. Log back into your account by providing sign-in details and check whether the iPhone Restore error has been resolved.
3. Checking Internet Connection
The worse that can happen is bad internet connection resulting in iPhone Restore error. For fixing this, you should check your Wi-Fi connection.
1: Go to Settings -> Wi-Fi.
2: Check if the internet connection is established. If not, connect to the desired network and try again.
Part 4: Rectifying the iPhone Restore Errors due to iOS problems
Now let us move forward to the best solution among all for resolving the iPhone restore error you may face while updating your iPhone.
Fixppo tool by iMyFone is a great tool that can help in fixing various types of iOS issues without any data loss, such as iPhone flashing Apple logo. After following some simple steps, all the iOS issues will be resolved by iMyFone Fixppo within a few clicks.
Fixppo is a very famous tool with a very high success rate. This software is compatible with all of the iOS versions operating in all the iPhone models.
Follow these steps to fix the iPhone restore error using Fixppo.
Step 1: you need to select the Standard mode on the Fixppo Home page. Then you need to connect your iPhone & click next.
Step 2: iMyFone Fixppo will detect your iPhone. First, you need to download the suitable firmware for setting this issue. The various firmware version will appear out of which you’ll need to select and download.
Step 3: Check the correctness of the information and then click the Start button to initiate the process. Do not unplug or use your iPhone during this process.
Fixppo by iMyFone does not require any advanced knowledge for resolving many kinds of iOS issues on iPhones. Just follow the steps explained, and it will be not a problem anymore.
Part 5: Alternative way to Restore your iPhone Data
If you are finding difficulties restoring your iPhone or faced with iPhone restore error while updating your iPhone, there are other ways to restore it as well. The best alternative software for iTunes to restore your iPhone is iMyFone iTransor. It is a very advanced iOS restore and data backup tool that can selectively back up your iOS device while restoring it.
iTransor can back up messages, Wechat, contacts, and WhatsApp data and restore it from iCloud or iTunes backup. There is no loss of data during the whole process. One more advantage of iTransor is that it is compatible with all the devices and all iOS versions.
In a nutshell, there is nothing to be worried about if you get iPhone Restore Errors if you ever get one because there are plenty of solutions available out there for all iOS versions. We have explained many solutions against different sorts of problems that you might face. Just follow this guide, and you should be able to fix your iPhone restore errors.