iPhone Keeps Going to Lock Screen is a pretty annoying error that prevents you from using it peacefully. When this error occurs, the device goes back to the PIN lock screen so you cannot continue your work. Things can be very frustrating if it happens when you are in the midst of important work. So, if you are reading this article because you want to fix this issue, you’re on the correct page. That said, this guide will tell you how to fix this error using different methods.
What could possibly make the iPhone Keeps Going to Lock Screen?
Before we jump straight into the solutions, let’s learn about the possible reasons behind this issue. In fact, according to the research we did, there are a couple of main reasons behind this issue. We have listed them below for your reference.
- The major reason for iPhone Keeps Going to Lock Screen issue can be the iOS version used. If that’s the case, you can consider updating or downgrading the iOS to the latest or an earlier version. Interestingly, many users were able to resolve the issue through this method.
- iPhone Keeps Going to Lock Screen issue can occur due to a corrupt iOS setting as well. In that case, please reset all iOS settings and restart your iPhone to correct this error.
- If you have used a random tool to unlock a preowned iOS device, that could trigger this issue. That is specifically because of the poor or incomplete unlocking process. So, you can rectify it simply by using a professional tool.
- Besides, this error may appear due to the functionality of some apps as well.
There are various ways to get rid of the iPhone Keeps Going to Lock Screen issue. However, the effectiveness of those methods varies significantly. Some methods are easier than others and require less effort as well. With that said, the best method of this guide is Tenorshare ReiBoot. There are many reasons for users to consider Tenorshare ReiBoot as the most appropriate option. In a nutshell, Tenorshare ReiBoot is an excellent choice when it comes to fixing iOS devices. ReiBoot can fix a variety of issues that are related to your iOS device. The best thing about this software is that it fixes issues with a couple of clicks only.
Let’s take a look at the most significant features associated with this software for your reference.
- It utilizes a one-click operation to Enter and Exit Recovery Mode.
- ReiBoot can repair more than 50 iOS system problems. It can fix issues like stuck on the Apple logo; the screen won’t turn on, iPhone keeps turning on and off, recovery mode loop, etc.
- It can also fix the “iPhone Keeps Going to Lock Screen” error, iPhone 12 Stuck on Confirm Your Phone Number, and fix the white screen on Android phones effortlessly.
- Fix many other iTunes errors with easy steps.
- It repairs various tvOS issues as well.
- Works perfectly even with the latest models.
- It doesn’t cause any data loss when repairing iOS issues.
- First, you should download and install ReiBoot on your computer. Then, you should connect the faulty iPhone to the same computer. Make sure that you launch the software and click on Repair Operating System.
- Now, go to the option called “Fix Now” to start fixing your device.
- Now, click on the option called “Download” so the firmware will be downloaded.
- When your firmware is downloaded, ReiBoot will automatically start repairing your device. You will be notified once the iPhone is repaired.
Solution 2: Force Reboot your device to fix ‘iPhone Keeps Going to Lock Screen’
The following steps can resolve the issue on many occasions. The steps to reboot an iOS device will depend on the version of the iOS device. Please choose the steps based on the model you are using. In fact, rebooting an iOS device can fix various minor glitches. So, hopefully, it will fix iPhone Keeps Going to Lock Screen error as well.
● If you are using an iPhone 8, X or 11
You should press the Volume Up button and quickly release it. After that, please press and hold the Volume Down button. You should release it quickly, just like you did with Volume Up. Finally, press and hold the Power button, so the Apple logo appears on your iPhone screen.
● If you are using an iPhone 7
Press the On/Off button and the Volume Down button simultaneously. Then, as the screen turns off and then turns back on, you can see the Apple logo.
● If you are using iPhone SE/6s or older models
You should press the Home and Power button. Then, keep holding them until you see the Apple logo.
Solution 3: Reset the settings of your iOS device to fix ‘iPhone Keeps Going to Lock Screen’
If restarting the device didn’t work for you, you can reset your iPhone iOS settings by following these steps.
- First, you should launch the Settings app and click on it.
- After that, you should click on General and go to Reset. Then, go to Reset All Settings.
- You can now enter the Apple Password and confirm your request.
Solution 4: Update the iOS to version 12 or Later to fix ‘iPhone Keeps Going to Lock Screen’
Outdated iOS versions can cause various issues on your device. iPhone Keeps Going to Lock Screen can be one of those issues. So, updating the faulty iOS device to the latest version may be able to solve it. Mentioned below are the steps to follow if you want to do it.
- As the first step, you should launch the iPhone Settings app from your Home screen.
- Now, click on the option called “General.” Then, go to Software Update and then navigate to Download and Install.
- You should now enter the Apple ID passcode. Then, be sure to tap Agree to the Terms and Conditions. After that, you should tap Agree again to Confirm.
Solution 5: Change the Time Zone of the device to fix ‘iPhone Keeps Going to Lock Screen’
If none of the options have worked for you so far, change the time zone to another country. That means a country that currently has yesterday’s time against yours. However, you should notice that your device will crash one more after changing the time zone. But you shouldn’t worry about it because it will work fine after this crash. You can restart your iOS device when the crash takes place. That said, just follow below to reset the time zone.
- First, you should go to the Setting app on your iPhone. Once you have done that, simply click on the option called “General.” Then, go to “Date & Time.” In general, your iOS device comes with automatically set Date & Time. First, turn off “Set Automatically,” then click on “Time Zone.”
- Now, you should enter a city in which it is still yesterday. Then, just select it.
- As a result, you can see that the time has changed.
Important: The problem will remain if you set the time back to your own city time zone. So, you should consider it as a very premature solution that doesn’t last long. Also, in this method, you may be bothered because of the incorrect city time. Therefore, it is advised to follow this method knowing its consequences.
Solution 6: Turn off the notification apps to fix ‘iPhone Keeps Going to Lock Screen’
As we have noticed, many people have experienced this issue due to some third-party apps. That means the apps that are installed to display notifications. So, do you have installed some apps that send notifications at specific times of the day? If that’s the case, you can simply turn off all the notifications in the Setting app. If not, you can even turn off the apps if you can find out which apps are causing the problem. With that said, you should follow these steps to resolve iPhone Keeps Going to Lock Screen error.
- Be sure to launch the Setting app on your faulty iPhone.
- Once you have done that, you should click on the option called “Notification” as well.
- Here, you can choose which apps you should turn off.
- If not, you can even turn off all the notifications. As a result, you have a better chance of solving this problem.
- You should turn off notification one by one. This should be done until you find the app that you need notification the most. This option has worked for some users.
Well, the above-mentioned method can be a good option to resolve the issue, but we cannot guarantee its efficiency.
Using Tenorshre ReiBoot is the most impressive and successful solution on this list, without a doubt. You can use that tool to fix iPhone Keeps Going to Lock Screen and many other errors. However, if you still prefer not to use it, you may try the other solutions we have mentioned.