Some users happen to see their iPhone is disabled all of a sudden, and they hardly know why. When the message ‘iPhone is disabled‘ appears on the screen, they get really frustrated and wonder what to do. Things can be even worse if the error message reads as ‘iPhone is disabled, connect to iTunes.’ Nevertheless, the good news is that you shouldn’t consider it as the worst ever issue because it is fixable. In other words, we have a solution to address this issue effectively, and we will explain it in this article. In fact, we have several for you to try so you can choose the most appropriate option.
Part 1: Introduction to iPhone is disabled error
The meaning of this message is that you cannot access your iPhone for a certain period of time. In other words, you are locked out of your device. The duration you are locked out will depend on the situation. This error can appear if you enter a wrong password several times in a row. When you enter a wrong passcode, the device identifies it as an unauthorized attempt to access it. So, as a security precaution, the device will lock itself and prevent users from accessing it anymore. This issue arises on all the iOS devices that have Touch ID compatibility.
As we mentioned before, the duration you are locked out depends on the number of wrong attempts tried. After entering a wrong passcode for five consecutive times, the Touch ID will be disabled. After that, you will have to enter the correct password if you need to access the device.
The truth is that any iOS device is susceptible to be disabled. However, the error messages you see can come in different formats. In most cases, you get a message saying ‘iPhone ID disabled.’ Or, you will get a message saying that the password should be entered after a certain period. For instance, it will ask you to enter the password within 1 minute or 5 minutes. However, if you enter the password incorrectly for more than ten times, you will get that frustrating message. It will say that your iPhone is disabled, connect to iTunes. When you have faced such a situation, you will have to start from scratch after erasing the iPhone completely.
Part 2: How to fix if the iPhone is disabled?
In this section of our article, we explain how to fix the iPhone is disabled issue for good. In fact, we have several solutions to address this issue, so you can pick the best for you. Listed below are those solutions and how to implement them.
Fix #1: Use iMyFone LockWiper
Our favorite solution to address this issue is iMyFone LockWiper. This is a very impressive tool that comprises handy features to solve the issue for good. This software comes with a very friendly user interface, and it is empowered with a very smart algorithm. This software assures the safety of your privacy with the locked-out iOS device. It doesn’t share your personal information with third parties, so you can use it without any hassle at all. It offers a speedy solution and a very high level of security. Compared to the competitor software tools in the market, iMyFone LockWiper is a very efficient and time-saving option.
Features of iMyFone LockWiper
- LockWiper is capable of bypassing the screen passcode even if your iOS device is broken, iPhone is disabled, or locked.
- You can use this tool to remove Apple ID without using a password regardless of its iOS version.
- It can unlock disabled iPad and remove all the screen locks such as 4- or 6-digit passcode, Face ID, Touch ID, etc.
- It is compatible with all iOS devices, including iPhone 12 (Pro Max) and iOS version 14.
Unlocking the password using iMyFone LockWiper
Unlocking your iPhone can be done in three easy steps if you use iMyFone LockWiper. Mentioned below are those three mains steps to it.
- As the first step, you should download iMyFone LockWiper and get it installed on the computer. Then, you will have to launch the software and choose the option called ‘Unlock Screen Passcode.’ To continue to the next step, you should click on the option labeled ‘Start.’ After that, you should connect the iPhone into the same PC using the original USB cable.
- Then, as the next step, you will have to choose the correct firmware version for the device. Don’t worry because LockWiper itself shows a list of firmware you can download for your device. All you have to do is to choose the correct firmware from the list and hit ‘Download.’
- Once the verification is done, and the extraction is completed, you can simply click on the ‘Start Unlock‘ option. Now, the screen lock of the respective device will be removed from the iPhone within several minutes.
That’s it, and your iPhone will be unlocked. You can start using the iPhone once again, as usual. Please note that the data on your iOS device will be completely removed as a result of this process. Also, your iOS version will be updated to the latest available version.
PS: if you have a problem with Apple ID Verification Failed, click to fix it now; also, you will figure out how to unlock a stolen iPhone without a passcode, as well as how to unlock the activation lock easily.
Fix #2: Restore the disabled iPhone through iTunes
iTunes is an official tool provided by Apple. This tool becomes handy in various occasions despite its not-so-easy user interface. Well, you can use the same tool to restore the disabled iOS device and get it back to work.
Before proceeding with this step, all you have to do is to ensure that iTunes is installed correctly. In addition to that, the iTunes you have installed must be updated to the latest version. With that, you can avoid potential errors during the process.
After getting ready with those to aspects, you will be able to proceed to the steps mentioned below.
- Make sure that you use the original USB cable so you will not experience any interruption.
- Now, open your iTunes on the computer and wait for the synchronization process to be completed. After the completion of the synchronization process, you will see that the files are backed up.
- Then, click on the option called ‘Restore iPhone.‘
- Then, choose the option labeled ‘Restore Backup‘ in iTunes.
- Choose the latest backup you intend to restore on the device and click on ‘Restore.’
If you are unable to access your computer on which iTunes is installed and synchronized, this method doesn’t work. So, if that is the case with you, proceed to the other solutions we explain in this article.
Fix #3: Use iCloud to fix disabled iPhone
Compared to the previous method, fixing a disabled iPhone is more difficult. That is specifically because iCloud demands an internet connection. Also, the feature called ‘Find My iPhone’ must be enabled on the respective device before proceeding. If you have fulfilled both of those requirements, you can proceed to the steps below.
- First, you should log into iCloud.com and click on the option called ‘Find iPhone.’
- You will have to enter the Apple credentials at this stage.
- Now, you must wait for a couple of minutes, so a map will appear showing the device’s location.
- Choose all the devices to proceed.
- Then, click on the iPhone that needs to be erased from iCloud and choose the ‘Erase iPhone‘ option.
- After succeeding, you will be able to access the iPhone. Moreover, you will be able to create a fresh account for the disabled iPhone and start fresh.
By the way, regarding the issue of ‘Your account has been disabled in the app store and iTunes‘, here are the top solutions for you. And get to know how to undisable an iPhone with ease.
Fix #4: Use the recovery mode and fix the disabled iOS device
You will be able to unlock the iPhone using iTunes with the assistance of recovery mode. After setting your device into recovery mode, you will be able to restore to a previously created backup. However, to accomplish this, you must have a PC in which you have a backup. After that, you may follow the steps mentioned below.
- As the first step, you should connect the iPhone into your PC and then open the iTunes app.
- Now that the device is connected to the computer, you should force restart the iOS device.
- Then, click on the ‘Restore‘ option when an option appears to restore or update the device.
- Wait for a couple of minutes, so the process will be completed.
That’s it! By the way, if you are looking for the top Find my iPhone checker, just click to read more.
Part 3: What makes an iPhone disabled?
There can be several reasons behind a locked iOS device. However, one of the most common suspects for a disabled iPhone is entering a wrong password consecutively. Also, the same issue can appear if you have not used your Apple ID for a pretty long period.
In general, once an iPhone is disabled, you can assume that it has happened due to a forgotten password. Nevertheless, if you have not updated your Apple ID settings for quite a while, Apple tends to disable it.
At the bottom line, we should emphasize that there are several ways to fix locked iPhones. However, it is very important to choose a reliable method that actually works for you. Some of the unreliable, random options can even cause more harm than good, so be careful when selecting one. The options we have mentioned in this post are tested and verified, so you don’t have to worry.
Of all the methods we have mentioned, we prefer using iMyFone LockWiper due to various reasons. It is friendly to the user, fast, reliable, and effective. Compared to iTunes and iCloud, it is a much easier process to fix the iPhone is disabled issue. If you have any doubts related to this issue, please let us know in the comments section below.