Did you get puzzled too upon getting the error message “iPhone incorrect Wi-Fi password” even when you entered the correct password while activating the Wi-Fi-network? Well, don’t get tenacious as you are not alone in this. Out of the huge pile of problems that the iPhone users face, this is one. The Wi-Fi gets disconnected abruptly, and when you try to reconnect to it, the device shows that the password being entered is incorrect.
There is nothing to worry about any longer as we bring to you the best software that will get you out of the problem. Read on.
Three amazing tools for fixing the wrong Wi-Fi password error
Listed below are the top 3 software that will surely rescue you when things go wrong.
PS: if you are looking for the best WiFi Hacker APK, click to have a try.
4uKey – Password Manager to Fix iPhone Incorrect Wi-Fi Password
We have given this software the top place in our article for a reason. For issues like iPhone incorrect Wi-Fi password, it is very important to check if the problem isn’t arising from our own end, like entering the wrong password itself. Since the iPhone has the function of remembering the Wi-Fi passwords for the device automatically. However, the drawback is that you cannot view the passwords that were saved previously.
If you are not sure if you have entered the right password, you can take the help of a tool that manages the passwords. The name of the software is 4uKey – Password Manager. It helps by showing you all the passwords stored on the iPhone that include even the Wi-Fi passwords, mail account passwords, App login, and website passwords, and others. You can download it for free for the Windows (XP/7/8/8.1/10) or Mac (Catalina 10.15 and all below) computer.
Before starting, download the 4uKey software on your Mac or Windows PC from its website. Finish installing the program and then get on to work by following these steps:
1. Firstly, connect the iOS device by using an authentic cable to the computer.
2. Once the phone gets successfully connected, click on the button Start Scan for starting the scan.
3. It will just take some seconds for the software to display the list of all the Wi-Fi networks and their correct passwords.
4. Now, see which your Wi-Fi is and enter the right password again. If it works, that’s great. However, if the phone still fails to connect to the Wi-Fi, then the problem is within the system itself. Continue reading the article as we give you the fixes then.
iMyFone iOS System Recovery to Fix iPhone Incorrect Wi-Fi Password
While dealing with any iOS issue like that of iPhone incorrect Wi-Fi password, it is good sometimes to do it the professional way. In this section, we are going to deal with another solution that makes it possible for you to avail comprehensive support for all such problems. We are talking about the iMyFone iOS System Recovery tool, which can be another great alternative to try.
This tool has the ability to fix a large number of iOS problems, some of them being iPhone restart loops, iPhone white/black screen, iPhone getting stuck in the recovery mode, and many more. This program has three different modes that offer great fixes for the various iOS issues and aim at improving the performance of your device even more. The best thing about the software is that it keeps your data totally safe from being deleted or lost even if you are using the basic standard mode of the app.
Let us take you through the steps that you need to take in order to troubleshoot the issue of iPhone incorrect Wi-Fi password in your iOS device:
1. Download the latest and right version of the software on the PC. Install it. Open the application. Once you are done with all that, establish a connection between your computer and the iOS device. On the primary interface of the software program, click on the Standard tab Mode.
2. Click on the button Start. Read and go through the steps for activating the DFU mode carefully as they start appearing on the screen. This will lead to your device being put on the DFU mode successfully, and now the program will become able to detect the device properly.
3. In the next step, you need to click on the button Download. This will set the program in motion, and it will find and provide all the matching firmware packages for the troubling iOS device. You don’t have to worry about the authenticity of the firmware as the program gives you the latest ones.
4. Now click on the option of ‘Start to Fix‘ for completing the process. Once you click that, the program will fix all the bugs, and this will make your device free from all the iOS issues like iPhone incorrect Wi-Fi password as well.
Sometimes the system issues are so deep-rooted that all the efforts to rectify them go in vain. It is here that the need emerges to diagnose the device for any trickier bug problem that might be causing your device to unrecognize the Wi-Fi password. If you are stuck in a similar situation, do not worry, we have got you covered with another great solution. The tool is Tenorshare ReiBoot that diagnoses the situation quickly.
The popularity of the software lies in its ability to save the data from being lost while the recovery process is on. It promises to fix all the major iOS problems with any device. It has a feature called the Repair Operating System, which doesn’t leave any single iOS problem unattended. Be it any problem, including the ones like a blank screen, unresponsive iPhone, a frozen screen, or the iPhone got stuck with the Apple logo, the software has got your device covered. This is a gem in the plethora of such applications and takes the burden off you when it comes to dealing with difficult software problems.
The software runs smoothly on almost all the latest models and versions of iOS and can also be operated on any Windows (XP/7/8/8.1/10) or Mac (Catalina 10.15 and all below) computer.
Now we are going to give you the detailed instructions for enabling you to use the software for dealing with the iPhone incorrect Wi-Fi password issue. The first thing you need to do before starting is downloading the upgraded version of the software by visiting its official website on your PC. After it is done successfully, get finished with the installation process and run the software on the computer.
1. Firstly, get a lightning cable and connect the iPhone to the PC with the help of it. Now click on the tab Repair Operating System (Fix All iOS stuck), which is present on the main screen of the software.
2. Now click on the button Start Repair and then hit the button Download to start downloading the firmware packages.
3. Once the right firmware gets downloaded, hit on the button Start Repair again. Now be a patient for the time being as the software repairs the issues with the iOS. Be assured as it will fix the iPhone incorrect Wi-Fi password problem fully so as it won’t appear again.
Other general fixes
You may want to give a try to these general methods if you see the message iPhone incorrect Wi-Fi password.
Restart the iPhone
This fix works most of the time when the reason is minor:
- Push the Wake/Sleep key of the phone down.
- Pull down the slider of Power off and then wait.
- Now press the Wake/Sleep key once more and hold till the Apple Logo appears on the main screen.
Set a new Wi-Fi password
You can try this option too, as it can be the quickest and promising solution to the iPhone incorrect Wi-Fi password error. Just log in to the Wi-Fi account and then set another password. Now login again and see if you can access the internet through the Wi-Fi again or not. Voila! It is that simple.
Remove the Wi-Fi network
When you connect to any Wi-Fi network, it gets saved along with the password on the iPhone. However, upon any disruption in the connection, it becomes very difficult to connect to that same Wi-Fi again. There is one way out of this where you need to forget the network and then reconnect to it for removing the iPhone incorrect Wi-Fi password error.
- Go to the settings of the device. Click on Wi-Fi. Hit the ‘i‘ button, which means info next to the name of the Wi-Fi. Now tap the option Forget this Network.
- Wait for some time and then refresh the device. Click on the Wi-Fi again.
- Log in and then see if the internet becomes active on the phone.
Refresh the network settings
You can also try resetting the phone network settings, but remember that it will remove all the saved passwords, even for the Wi-Fi.
- Open the Settings of the phone. Click on the option General and then hit the Reset button.
- Now click on the option Reset Network settings. Enter the passcode of the phone. Again click on Reset Network Settings to confirm the action.
On/off the Modem or Router
The modem or the router that activates the internet can sometimes suffer any glitch, thereby becoming the reason for the iPhone incorrect Wi-Fi password issue. What you can do is restarting the router. Turn the power off and then start it again. This might solve the problem.
Turn off the Wi-Fi Assist
Disabling this feature might also troubleshoot the problem. Follow these steps to do so:
- Open the phone settings. Click on the option Cellular.
- Scroll down through the list of apps. Now click on the option Wi-Fi Assist. Press it off, and this will prevent the phone from turning the data automatically.
Hard restart the iPhone
This can be the last option to resort to when nothing can solve the iPhone incorrect Wi-Fi password error. It has the potential of solving the issue, and the process of doing this is different in the various iPhone models. Let’s see what to do:
- For the iPhone models, XS Max/XR/XS/X/8 Plus/8: Tap on the Volume Up key quickly and leave it. Do the same with the key Volume Down. Press the Wake/Sleep key until you can see the Apple logo on the screen.
- For the iPhone models 7 and 7 Plus: Click on the keys Volume Down and Wake/Sleep together and leave them only you can see the Apple logo on the screen.
- For the iPhone models 6S/6/older: Push the buttons Home and Wake/Sleep at the same time. Release them only when the Apple logo can be seen on the main screen.
Also, if you are facing the issue of iPhone time wrong, click to fix it now.
Final verdict about how to fix iPhone Incorrect Wi-Fi Password
The first thing that you need to ensure when the iPhone incorrect Wi-Fi password error appears is if the password that was entered is right. If the problem persists even after typing in the right password, then it is time for you to seek help. You can try the general solutions for fixing the issue, and if they fail, then you can deploy the software to the work that we provided. These are best in class and will give you assured results.
Do share your experience with us!