In general, iPhones are supposed to update the email app automatically. This automatic updating feature is essential because otherwise, you don’t know if an email has arrived or not. If you are expecting some important emails when you are on the go, this issue is a real annoyance. If truth to be told, iPhone email not updating is not a rare instance among iPhone users. In other words, you are not alone if you have encountered this issue. The same question is raised by many iPhone users across the globe, and they want an easy solution.
Here, we will show how to overcome the ‘iPhone email not updating‘ issue. There are several solutions to this, and there are several reasons behind the issue. So, let’s get to the point step-by-step and check how to overcome the issue.
What are the reasons behind the ‘iPhone email not updating’ issue?
As we have mentioned above, there can be several reasons behind the issue ‘iPhone email not updating’. Before talking about the solutions, let’s take a look at the list of the most common reasons behind it. That will give you a realistic idea about the issue.
01. Issues that are based on the internet
The most common reason for it is a weak or unstable internet connection. If your internet connection is slow, too weak, or has some troubles in connecting, the emails won’t update.
02. Your notifications are turned off
Due to some reason or another, you may turn off email notifications on your device. If that is the case with you, the device will not be able to update the email as expected. As a result, you will keep seeing the older emails instead of new ones.
03. Fetching new data is disabled
If you have disabled fetching new data on the device for some reason, the emails won’t update.
How to fix the ‘iPhone email not updating’ issue?
Now that you have a general idea about your iPhone email issue. Let’s learn how to fix it. As we discussed in the beginning, these fixes are very easy. What you should do is to follow the steps mentioned below according to the order.
Method #1: Check if the network connection is working properly
The most basic thing you should check when your iPhone email not updating is the internet connection. It is no brainer that you cannot receive any emails if you are not connected to a data network. So, you should make sure that the respective iPhone is connected to a solid, strong network. It can be Wi-Fi or cellular. If it is already connected, disconnect from the network, wait for a few seconds and reconnect. If you are still unable to see any updates on the email app, you should reset the network. Mentioned below is the detailed guide to take to reset the network connection on your iPhone.
- First, you should go to the option called ‘Settings.’ Then, access the option called ‘General‘ and choose the option called ‘Reset.’
- You should then go to the option called ‘Reset Network Settings.’
- These steps will reset your Wi-Fi network, passwords, cellular settings, etc. In addition to that, your VPN and APN settings will be reset. So, before you reset, it is very important to write down the network passwords if you don’t remember them. Otherwise, you will have trouble signing into those networks after reset.
By the way, for people who are facing the problems with the iOS Cannot Get Mail – The Connection To The Server Failed or the iPhone X black screen of death, just read more.
Method #2: Check if you have disabled notifications to fix ‘iPhone Email Not Updating’
You should check if you have turned off the notifications of the Mail app on your iPhone. This can happen mistakenly. If not, then the chances are that you have turned it off for some reason and forgotten it. This is a very simple fix because all you have to do is to turn off the notifications. In addition to that, you can configure the way the mail app displays the emails. For instance, you can choose it to show on the lock screen or show in history. If not, you can choose to show as banners. Mentioned below are the steps to get it done.
- First, please go to the ‘Settings‘ app & find the option called ‘Notifications.’
- Then, tap on the option called ‘Allow Notifications.’
Method #3: Check if you have turned on Fetch New Data to fix ‘iPhone Email Not Updating’
You can go to the settings and check if you have turned on the option called ‘Fetch New Data.’ If you have turned it off due to any reason, your iPhone will not be able to update its Mail app. In that case, please follow the steps mentioned below and switch it on.
- First, you should go to the ‘Settings‘ option and find the option called ‘Account & Passwords.’ Then, go to the option called ‘Fetch New Data.’
- You can then turn on the Push button so the device can push new data from the mail server.
- In addition to that, you can even set the schedule for fetching.
Method #4: Enable the option called ‘Background App Refresh’
If none of the above options have worked for you to fix ‘iPhone Email Not Updating’ and you are yet to find luck, try this. This option will allow apps to refresh their content automatically. If you enable this option, the refreshing will happen in the background without your involvement. To get it done, you can perform the steps mentioned below.
- Go to the option called ‘Settings‘ and tap on ‘General.’ Then, you should tap on the option called ‘Background App Refresh.’
- If it is switched off, turn it off. That’s it.
Method #5: Use ReiBoot and fix the ‘iPhone Email Not Updating’ easily
If you are still unable to fix the issue and looking for a reliable solution, try ReiBoot. In fact, ReiBoot is a powerful software that’s developed to address a variety of issues pertaining to iOS devices. The best thing about this tool is that it fixes complex issues with a couple of clicks. Due to this reason, many individuals consider it a must-have tool for any iPhone user. It is not only for iPhones but for all the other iOS products. It can address more than 50 common issues that might occur on iOS devices. The most important thing about ReiBoot is that it doesn’t cause any data loss. Mentioned below are some issues that can be fixed using ReiBoot.
- iPhone keeps restarting
- iPhone stuck in recovery mode
- iPhone black screen
- White screen of death
- iPhone won’t turn on
- iPhone fails to update
- iPhone stuck on logo and many more.
How to fix iPhone email not updating issue with ReiBoot?
Mentioned below is the detailed guide you should follow to get the ‘iPhone Email Not Updating’ issue fixed.
- To start the process, you should download ReiBoot and get it installed on your computer. Then, you should launch the software and get the faulty iPhone connected to the same computer. Make sure that you use a genuine USB cable to establish the connection without any interruption.
- Your iPhone will be detected by ReiBoot. You should click on the option called ‘Enter Recovery Mode‘ now. This option will start to fix the iPhone and get you out of the troublesome situation quickly.
- After entering the recovery mode, you should wait for about 30 seconds or so. You will then see a confirmation message on the connected iOS device. The message will say that you have entered the recovery mode successfully. You will then see a graphical presentation on the iPhone’s screen. It shows a USB cable and iTunes logo.
- The message you see will confirm that you have entered the recovery mode successfully. After seeing this, you can see an option called ‘Exit Recovery Mode‘ as well. To get out of the recovery mode, you will have to click on that highlighted message. Once you exit the recovery mode, your device will start to reboot.
You should wait for a little while after exiting the recovery mode. Wait patiently until the device gets refreshed, and all the functions get loaded completely. At the end of this process, you can see the device functions normally. Be sure to check if your iPhone’s Mail app is working correctly after the device is completely booted. Well, ReiBoot should have fixed this issue by now.
Conclusion on How to Fix ‘iPhone Email Not Updating’
As you can realize, emails have become the preferred method of communication when it comes to official matters. That’s why many iPhone users tend to use the Mail app very frequently throughout the day. However, due to some reasons, ‘iPhone email not updating‘ issues can occur. To address this issue, you can try all the basic issues or the professional tool called ReiBoot. If you choose to do it with ReiBoot, the process will be exceptionally simple and convenient. Good luck!