If you have faced an iPad Activation Error with your iPad, here are the best methods to fix it. You should not bother about anymore, as this article explains how to get rid of this issue conveniently. Apart from explaining how to fix the iPad Activation Error, we intend to explain the reasons as well.
Reasons behind iPad Activation Error
As mentioned before, we intend to explain the reasons behind this issue as well. In fact, knowing the reasons behind this issue can be pretty handy for you in fixing it. Anyway, understanding the cause of this issue is very useful in finding the best solution to this error. In other words, you should know what’s exactly happening on your device to cause this error. Well, mentioned below are the reasons that can cause iPad Activation Error and prevent you from using it normally.
- You can see the iPad Activation Error as a result of using a developer version of iOS.
- It can appear if you try to activate your iPad when Apple’s server is down.
- Your Wi-Fi router is configured in a way, so it blocks the gs.apple.com link on the shared port.
- Your device experiences a software-related error and prevents activation.
How to fix iPad Activation Error?
Great! Now you know the reasons behind the iPad Activation Error, let’s focus on the fixes as well. In fact, there are multiple ways to solve this issue. We present the best 04 methods here in this article so you can get your device back in action. Also, please note that you don’t have to try all those fixes. Instead, just try one fix after the other until you find the correct fix. In other words, you don’t have to try all those methods. Just choose the one that matches the situation.
Solution 1: Check your network connection
The most basic solution to fix the iPad Activation Error is to check the network connection. However, there is a special way to identify if the respective error is caused due to a network error. Well, you should first check if one of the below messages appear on your iPad’s screen.
- Your iPad could not be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable.
- Your iPad could not be activated because the activation server cannot be reached.
If you see any above messages on your iPad, the error is related to a network error. So, to fix this error, all you should do is to fix the internet connection. If you are using a hotspot or cellular data, just switch to a Wi-Fi network. After connected to a Wi-Fi, make sure that it has enough bandwidth. As you may already know, having a solid network connection is mandatory for iPad activation.
With that said, mentioned below are the steps you should follow in order to check the network connection.
- As the first step, you should move closer to a Wi-Fi router, so you get stronger signals.
- Now, from the home screen, you should go to the “Settings” app and choose the option called “Wi-Fi.”
- You can now see a list of Wi-Fi networks that are available for the device. Now, you should select the network you usually connect and enter the password. That will connect you to the Wi-Fi network.
- You can now try to activate the iPad once again. If the case is related to the network connection, it should be resolved by now.
Solution 2: How to fix iPad Activation Error with data loss
Does your iPhone display the message below?
“Activation could not be completed. Please restore the phone and install the latest version of iOS and attempt activation again.”
If that is the case, you can resolve it using an iTunes restore on the device. However, performing an iTunes restore will definitely cause a data loss. If you have important data saved on your device, you will lose all those files upon a restore. Please follow the below simple guide to fix the iPad Activation Error at the cost of data loss.
Before you proceed, however, it is inevitable to download and install the latest iTunes version on the computer.
- Now that iTunes is installed, you should connect the iPad to the same computer and launch iTunes. Wait for a while, so iTunes will identify the iPad.
- After the device is recognized, you can go to your iPad’s summary page. To do that, you can press the small iPad icon, which is located at the top-right corner.
- Now, on that option, you should choose the option called “Restore iPad” to continue.
- To confirm the action, you should press the button labeled “Restore” and confirm the command. Now, the restoration process will be started. Please note that it will take a couple of minutes for the process to be completed.
Also, let’s find out how to remove iPad Accounts without Password and how to remove Find My iPhone activation lock without previous owner effortlessly.
Solution 3: Perform a factory reset on the device to fix iPad Activation Error with data loss
If you still cannot overcome the issue with the steps mentioned above, the factory reset the device. In fact, performing a factory reset could be the only resort to solve this issue. You will have to perform this solution with manual steps. Once the device is reset, you can get past this error message for good. Pretty much all the users can get rid of this issue simply with a factory reset. Just like the previous method, however, the major drawback associated with this method is data loss. That means all of the data saved on your device will be completely erased due to factory resetting.
As long as you are OK with the potential data loss, you can continue with the steps mentioned below.
- As the first step, you should go to the “Settings” app on the home page on the screen.
- Then, you can choose the option called “General.”
- Once you have done that, you can select the option called “Erase All Content and Settings.” This option will guide you to start the factory reset process.
- Now, you should hit the option called “Erase Now” to proceed to the resetting. It will delete all the data on your iPad. Once you have done that, you can press the option called “Erase iPad” as well. After that, you should press the “Erase” option so that it will confirm the command to reset the device.
- At the completion of this step, you can see that the iPad is restarting as a new device. You can configure the iPad from scratch, and the iPad Activation Error will be gone.
Solution 4: Fix iPad Activation Error without using iTunes
Pretty much all the users prefer to fix their iPad without necessarily spending much time. Also, we all prefer convenience regardless of the complexity of the issue. With that said, if you are looking for a convenient, fast and reliable method, use Tenorshare ReiBoot. This special software can be used to fix all the issues that are related to iOS on your device. That said, fixing the iPad Activation Error is a very simple task for it.
As of today, many users have found this special app to be highly effective in solving various iOS errors. If truth to be told, this could be the most convenient method to fix this error. Also, the success rate of this method is impressive. Basically, Tenorshare ReiBoot is capable of fixing any iOS-related error without having to take complicated long routes.
Mentioned below are the easy steps you should follow in order to fix the iPad Activation Error.
Also, you should note that this method can address issues denoted by all the error messages mentioned above.
First, you should download Tenorshare ReiBoot on your computer and install it properly. You can follow the onscreen instructions to get it installed very easily. After that, launch the ReiBoot app on the computer and connect the faulty iPad to the same computer. Then, please click the “Repair Operating System” option.
Now, press the option called “Fix Now,” which is located on the screen to proceed.
You can now download the firmware through the download page to continue. This step is necessary for the software to address the root cause of the issue. Please choose the correct firmware version from the dropdown. After that, you should choose a path and press on the option called “Download” to start the downloading process.
Select the option called “Start Repair.” Then wait until the firmware is downloaded completely to select this option. This process will take a couple of minutes. You should wait patiently until the process is completed. At that, you will be notified. Then, you can activate your iPad without any issue.
As you can see, fixing the iPad Activation Error is exceptionally easier if you use Tenorshare ReiBoot. It is a professional tool that is designed to address any issue an iOS device might face.
Also, here are the best iPad holder for the mic stand for your reference.
The bottom line
Well, that is exactly how you can resolve the iPad Activation Error. There are four methods explained in this article, and you can try any of those methods to fix it. However, compared to the other methods, using Tenoreshare ReiBoot is the most effective option. It is faster, reliable, and convenient for any user. Do you know other tools that work just like Tenoreshare ReiBoot? If so, please share your thoughts with us.