If IMS Service Has Stopped, Android users tend to panic and try various ways to get rid of it. In fact, many users consider it a very annoying issue and fail to find a solution. That said, in this article, we intend to explain very effective ways to get rid of this issue.
All the modern-day Samsung smartphones and tabs come with their own UI. This extra layer of UI is placed on top of the regular Android interface. This specific interface comes with some essential applications as well. For instance, it has a browser, messaging app, settings, and so on. It is called the IP Multimedia Subsystem or (IMS). Technically, IMS is considered to be an architectural framework that is used to deliver multimedia services to consumers. Despite the usage, a large number of complaints were placed by users saying IMS Service Has Stopped. They say that this respective message appears on their screens, especially when making calls or sending messages.
What is the reason behind the “IMS Service Has Stopped” error?
After taking a look at those reports from different types of users, we did some research on it. And, we were able to locate some solutions that can resolve this issue for good. In addition to that, we took a deep look at the reasons that can trigger this error. So, before moving further, let’s take a look at the main reasons behind the “IMS Service Has Stopped” error.
You should know that all the applications in your Android device have a cache. The purpose of this cache is to store the latest commands you gave to the app. The app will utilize this cache to load faster and perform tasks easily. In fact, the commands you make will be stored in the cache as a separate partition. As you use the device for some time, the cache can build up to a large file. In certain cases, the cache memory can corrupt due to various reasons. When the cache memory corrupts, the commands that are stored in it may stop working. They can even start to malfunction. As a result, you will start to see “IMS Service Has Stopped” and various other errors.
● Influence of the default messaging app
There are some Android applications that can create various conflicts with the IMS platform. Whenever the app doesn’t work properly, it will display a message saying that “IMS Service Has Stopped.” Based on the region where you are currently based, your network provider will send configuration settings. These settings are applicable to the internet, calling, and even messaging facilities. So, it is highly possible that these configurations can interfere with the elements of the default app. As a result, it can prevent the potential app from working as you have expected.
● Outdated applications
In certain cases, outdated applications will not function properly with the updated Android OS. If you have recently updated your OS but not the applications, this issue can trigger. So, in that case, the best move is to update the apps. In addition to that, potential bugs in the applications can make this error appear. In general, the bugs in the apps are generally solved by updates. So, please keep that in mind when you are searching for a solution.
● Outdated Android OS
If you expect the best performance from your Android device, the OS should be updated to the latest version. In many cases, outdated Android OS can end up causing various troubles. When your Android app is outdated, but the IMS is on its latest version, there’s a chance for conflicts. So, you should update the Android OS to the latest version. In addition to that, updating the OS for the latest version can make your device runs faster.
● Conflicts with third-party messaging applications
In certain cases, individuals tend to use third-party messaging applications. These applications can overtake the default messaging app and then make various issues to prevent smooth operation. If the default messaging service is blocked (or disabled), you will see this message.
Well, that’s a basic understanding of the nature of the IMS Service Has Stopped error. You can move to the solutions’ sections now. We recommend you follow the below simple guide properly so you can get the issue fixed.
How to Fix ‘IMS Service Has Stopped’ Issue With Ease
Solution 1: Check for potential software updates to fix ‘IMS Service Has Stopped’
As we have mentioned before, there is a possibility for this issue to appear due to an update issue. That means, if Android OS or the IMS has outdated, that can trigger IMS Service Has Stopped issue. In that case, the best solution is to install an update of those apps. Mentioned below are those options you can follow in order to update the software tools.
- First, please unlock the device and launch the Settings app.
- After that, you should scroll down towards the bottom of the screen and tap on “About Phone.”
- Then, click on the option called “Software Updates.” Then, you should select the option called “Check for Updates.”
- If there is a new update, the next option is to click on the option called “Download Now.” It appears after the checking process is completed.
- Once the update is downloaded, you should see a prompt asking you to confirm the installation. Obviously, you should click on the “Yes” button so the device will be restarted.
- Now that the update is installed so the device will open in its normal mode. You can now check if the issue is persisting.
If the issue is not solved, you should move to the next option.
Solution 2: Check for Application updates to fix ‘IMS Service Has Stopped’
In certain cases, some applications can get outdated and cause potential conflicts. It can create conflicts with the OS and even with the apps installed in the device. So, if the previous option didn’t work, you should move along with this step. In this case, you should check the Google Play Store for new updates to respective applications.
- First, you should unlock the device and then open the Google Play Store application.
- Once you have done that, you should click on the menu button located on the top left corner. Then, you should select the option called “My Apps & Games.”
- You should now tap on the option called “Updates” tab and then select the option called “Refresh.” It appears as an icon.
- Now, you should click on the option called “Update All.” Then, you should be patient and wait so the applications will be updated and installed.
- Once the updates are done, just check to see if the issue is resolved.
Solution 3: Change the message configurations to fix ‘IMS Service Has Stopped’
Well, there is another possibility for the configuration settings of the carrier to interfere with aspects of the messaging app. As a result, your device can prevent from working properly. So, in this step, we explain how to disable the network settings of the carrier. In order to get it done, you should follow the steps below. Please note that the steps are slightly different depending on the type of carrier. In this article, we explain steps related to two network carriers.
- First, you should launch the default messaging application installed on your device.
- After that, please click on the menu button. It is located at the top-right corner. Then, select the option called “Settings.”
- You can now click on “AT&T Messages Backup & Sync.” Then, you will be able to select the option called “Disable the Sync” as well.
- After that, you should restart the mobile and then check if the issue is persisting.
Please note that after restarting the mobile, you should not set it to re-enable automatically. If you do, the issue will appear once again. So, if you see that it is disabled, you should disable it and refrain from restarting the device.
For Rich communications
- First, you should launch the default messaging application on the device and click on the menu button. It is located on the top right corner.
- Once you have done that, you should choose “Settings” from the list. Then, please click on the option called “Chose chat settings.”
- After that, you should tap on “Rich Communications Settings.” Then, you should uncheck “Rich Communications” from the list.
- Once you have done that, please restart the mobile device and then check it. If the issue is persisting, you should move to the next method.
Besides, if you are looking for the best Android phone repair tools, click to try one.
Solution 4: Launch your device in Safe Mode to fix ‘IMS Service Has Stopped’
If none of the above options have worked for you, just try to put the device in safe mode. If you put the device in safe mode, it will disable all the apps you have manually installed. That means, only the default apps on your device will function in safe mode. So, it will prevent other apps from conflicting with the default messaging application. As a result, it allows you to identify the issue. So, in this step, you should put the device in “Safe Mode” using the steps mentioned below.
- First, please press the power button & then select “Switch OFF” option.
- Once you have done that, you should switch it on simply by holding the power button.
- When you see the Samsung animation logo, you should hold the “Volume Down” button.
- Now, you can see the word “Safe Mode.” You will see that it is displayed in the lower-left corner.
- You should check if the issue is persisting. If the issue is solved, you should delete one third-party app and boot the device in normal mode. Likewise, you should continue so you can identify the harmful app.
Solution 5: Delete Cache to fix ‘IMS Service Has Stopped’
As we have explained before, the cache can corrupt over time. When corrupted, the cache can cause issues with several Android applications. It is true specifically with the default messaging application. So, in this method, we explain how to wipe the cache from the partition.
- First, press and hold the power button. Then, select “Switch Off.”
- After that, you should hold the “Home” button and “Volume Up” buttons at once. Then, press and hold the “Power” button too.
- When you see the Samsung Logo screen, make sure that you release only the “Power” key.
- When the Android logo screen appears, release all the keys. Now, it will display a message stating “Installing System Update.” After a couple of minutes, you will see Android Recovery Options.
- Then, press “Volume Down” so you can move the highlight to the “Wipe Cache Partition.”
- Then, you should press the “Power” button and wait so the cache will be cleared.
- At the completion of the process, go to the list and choose “Reboot System Now.”
- Now, press the “Power” key, and it will restart the device.
Tenorshare ReiBoot for Android can be the most effective and user-friendly way to resolve this issue. Tenoreshare ReiBoot for Android is a very handy, efficient tool that comes with excellent user-friendliness. Apart from wiping cache partitions, you can use this tool to fix various other issues on your Android device.
Please follow up to get the “IMS Service Has Stopped” issue solved.
- First, you should download and install Tenoreshare ReiBoot on your computer. Then, launch it. After that, be sure to connect the device with the same computer.
- You should now follow the on-screen steps and put the device in USB debugging mode.
- After that, you should select the option called “One-Click to Clear System Cache” through the main interface.
- Now, you should wait for a while so the cache of the device will be deleted easily. As a result, your device will work in its normal state.
So, that’s how to fix if your IMS Service Has Stopped.