When we using a smartphone, sometimes, we will forget the PIN or wrongfully enter a PIN or Password. In this article, our main point of attention will be LG phones. We’ll look into the possible solutions on how to unlock LG phone if you have forgotten PIN on LG phone.
Part 1. Unlock LG K Series via Hard Reset
In case you forgot PIN on LG phone, it becomes vital that you hard reset the device as a factory reset is not possible in this case. You have to be aware of the fact that it will terminate all the data on your device. You will have to go into the recovery mode of the LG device and then unlock LG phone using the reset option.
Follow the below process to hard reset your LG phone.
Process for Hard Reset:
Step 1: Turn off the LG device whose PIN you are unable to recollect and boot it in recovery mode.
Step 2: Press down the Power and the Volume Down buttons in synchronization until the company logo of LG appears on the screen.
Step 3: Release the buttons and then again press the same keys in the same order until the recovery mode menu appears on your screen.
Step 4: Using Volume Up or Down buttons, reach the “Factory Reset” or “Wipe Data” button. Press the power button to select this option.
Step 5: Upon selection, a pop-up will appear, asking you to confirm the data deletion. Confirm this option, and your LG device will start to reset.
Step 6: Once done with the reset, select the “Reboot system now” to restart the LG device. Congratulations, you have successfully unlocked LG phone.
Part 2. Unlock LG K Series using iMyFone LockWiper Without Any Passcode
When it comes to unlocking LG phone or factory reset from any android device, including LG, many effective apps may be really helpful. LockWiper from iMyFone is your best choice. & be recommended by many users and critics.
Features of iMyFone LockWiper (Android)
- Works effectively with over 7000 android devices including many LG devices
- Flexible remove lock screens no matter whether it is a Pattern, PIN, Face lock, Password, or fingerprint.
- It can work in multiple scenarios like a forgotten password, wrong password, second hand locked device, or in case you have a broken screen
- Easy to use user interface with interactive features.
- Lock screens can be removed without any data loss.
How to unlock LG LG K Series using iMyFone LockWiper for Android
This software is a pretty cool tool for you to start using with a simple guide. Follow the simple steps below the unlock LG phone when forgot PIN on LG phone.
Step 1: Download and Launch the tool:
Download and sintall LockWiper for Android on your PC by following the instructions on the installation wizard. After installation is done, click on its icon on the desktop and start the tool. After the start, click on the Screen lock removal button on its user interface and click on start to begin the process.
Be careful that you will lose your data on your LG device when using iMyFone LockWiper for screen lock removal as a safety feature for no data loss is only provided for Samsun devices by LockWiper.
Step 2: Connect the Device:
You will be required to connect the LG smartphone to your computer or laptop with a USB cable or a data cable. The Lockwiper automatically detects your information and displays it on the screen of your system.
Step 3: Confirmation of your phone information:
When you see the information displayed in front of you, you will see a pop-up window that will ask you to confirm your smartphone information. The brand name and the phone model will be shown in front of you, which you’ll have to verify and change in case it is factually incorrect. After verification, please click on the tab “Start to unlock.”
Upon “start to unlock,” a data package will begin to download automatically, and within several minutes, they will be transferred to your LG phone.
Step 4: Remove the PIN:
Once you get the data transferred, follow the on-screen instructions to unlock your LG smartphone successfully. Within a few minutes, this task will be completed, and you’ll be shown a message of successful completion on-screen (just be sure your phone stays connected).
Part 3. How to unlock LG K Series using the Google Account
The third method when you forget PIN on LG phone is by using your Google account. This can be one of the easiest ways to unlock your LG phone. Before we go ahead any further, we would like you to caution you with a slight shortcoming of this method.
You should know that this method only works on the devices that are working on Android 4.4 or the previous older versions of Android. If your LG is running on any version other than 4.4, then it’s bad luck for you as this method is not for you. Also, to carry out this method, you need to know your Google account ID and password.
If you check all the above points, Follow the below steps:
Step 1: On your LG phone, try entering the pattern or PIN 5 times that will be failed attempts. Once you do that, you will get the option asking “Forgot Pattern?”. Click on this option.
Step 2: Next, a screen will appear where you will be asked to input your Google account credentials that are already linked to your LG device. Insert the username or the email and password & click on “sign-in.”
Following these steps, you will be able to unlock your LG phone.
Part 4: Unlock LG K Series using dr.fone – Unlock (Android)
dr.fone – Unlock (Android) tool can be used to remove four types of Screen Locks for Android without the loss of any data.
- It can remove different kinds of lock types (Patten, Password, PIN, Fingerprints or face locks)
- Ensure no data loss from your device while removing the screen lock.
- It has an easy to use interface that can be used by anyone with little technical knowledge.
- It works for Samsung Galaxy, Note, and Tab series, as well as many LG phones.
You will be able to carry out the unlocking of LG phone using dr.fone by following the steps below.
1) Download dr.fone from its website and install it on your system.
2) After installation, open Dr.Fone and click on unblock from various options given.
3) Connect your device and clock on the start tab to remove any kind of screen locks like PIN or password.
4) On your LG phone, search for the download mode and follow the instructions below.
- a) Switch off your phone
- b) Press the volume down, and Power on/off button at a time and hold them.
- c) To enter the download mode, the volume up button needs to be pressed when you see the LG logo or Android logo on your mobile screen.
5) Once your LG phone has entered into the download mode, it will automatically initiate the downloading of the recovery package. Wait for the download to be completed.
6) When the download of the recovery package is complete, the lock screen removal will be initiated on your LG phone. Wait patiently, and you’ll successfully unlock your LG smartphone at the end of it.
Part 5: LG SIM Unlock with Unlock Code
As already explained, there are two types of locks that you can have: one being the SIM lock and another being the phone lock. Dr. Fone was a tool to unlock your phone, but we need something else when we wish to unlock the SIM cards locked by the network service providers.
When you are traveling for work or leisure and wish to use a SIM card by local carrier on your LG phone, then you should know how to unlock LG phone. Other than that, if you wish to change your network from one carrier to another due to any reason whatsoever and your SIM is locked, then you have to unlock your LG phone in that case as well.
Follow the steps below to unlock your SIM card on the LG phone.
1) The things you will need is your LG phone and the SIM you wish to use and a computer or a laptop to carry out the process.
2) The second thing that you’ll need is IMEI number, which you can easily get by dialing *#06# from your LG phone, or it can also be found on the box of your mobile phone.
3) Go to www.unlockriver.com on your laptop or computer and click on the option to request the code to unlock your SIM.
4) To request the code, you need to select the network carrier from which the LG phone was bought, the manufacturer (LG in this case), the model number of your phone, and the IMEI number, which you must have by following the above step.
5) Next, you will be prompted to enter your email ID where the code will be sent upon payment of a certain amount and an elapsed time to complete the task.
6) A page will appear and ask you to verify and confirm the information and pay for the amount as per order. The amount can be paid by various online methods such as credit card, debit card, or Paypal.
7) You will receive an unlock code from UnlockRiver with a set of instructions on how to implement them. For a one-time payment, you get only one code, so pay due attention while following the process.
8) When you have done with the process to unlock, switch your LG smartphone off and insert any other SIM card in it that it did not support previously. Enter the unlock code when the LG phone prompts you to enter it on reboot.
9) Once you successfully log-in via new SIM, a text will be sent to you on your phone, saying that you have unlocked your LG Phone.
Part 6: Unlock LG K Series Using LG Shark Calculator
1) Another viable option when it comes to the question of How to unlock LG phone for any SIM card by any service provider is www.furiousgold.com. Just go to this website and download the LG calculator for shark codes & install it on the computer.
2) Switch your phone on and connect it to the computer with a data cable.
3) Launch the downloaded LG shark codes calculator and click on the option of scan ports. Your LG phone will automatically be detected.
4) Next, click on the ‘Add IMEI’ tab, and it will automatically pick up your phone’s model and IMEI number with a display on the screen.
5) Once you are done with the above steps, enter the Full Unlock option. This, in turn, will show your LG phone details and the code to unlock your LG phone.
6) Switch off your LG phone and insert the SIM card in the jacket. If you have an older model of LG, you’ll be required to enter a code that is specific to that particular model. These codes can easily be found via Google. If you have the latest LG phone, it will ask you to enter the code as soon as you turn it on with a new SIM card.
7) Enter the code and go to settings Security SIM Lock and enter the code. Using these steps, you can easily unlock your LG phone via LG shark codes calculator.
Part 7: LG Unlocker – Sim Unlock Service
Step 1. Launch DoctorSIM unlocks service from their official website. Select LG as the brand for your phone among all the available options.
Step 2. Select the model, country of the carrier, and the network carrier by which your LG phone is currently locked. Payment is the last thing left to do.
Step 3. Within a couple of hours of processing your payment, detailed instructions will be sent on your email to unlock your LG phone.
To summarize all the discussions above, it is quite irritating when you forget PIN or password for LG phone, and to recover it can be a difficult task but not with the methods explained above. In this article, we have explained the methods on how to unlock your LG phone with the help of many tools and techniques that can surely prove to be helpful for you.