Do you know how to stop sharing location on iPhone without them knowing? In fact, some individuals even believe that it is impractical to hide the location on an iPhone. What you must know is that there are several benefits associated with hiding location on the iPhone.
When you switch the original location of the app to something different can trick the apps that are installed. That means the apps that are installed in your mobile will take the changed location as the real one. This can be handy when you play games that work based on the location. In addition to that, there are various other workable features to experience after changing the location. Well, with that said, let’s learn how to hide location on iPhone without them knowing.
So, how to hide location on iPhone without them knowing?
Well, mentioned below are some effective methods to get this job of ‘How to Stop Sharing Location Without Them Knowing‘ done. You can go through each method and see how they work.
Method 1: Put your device on Airplane Mode
There are many instances in which you don’t want to get any calls, messages, etc. Also, in those instances, you don’t want to connect to any nearby devices. In other words, you want to keep your device completely muted without any connection whatsoever. Imagine that you are attending a business meeting, an important discussion, or taking a rest. In that case, you can think of a default feature provided by the iOS – Airplane Mode.
Putting the Airplane mode will be handy, so you can close all the connections to the device. In fact, it is a built-in feature that comes with every mobile phone in the market. Mentioned below are the ways you can use to turn on Airplane mode (get to know does airplane mode turn off GPS). Even if you are a novice iPhone user, this is a very simple process to follow.
Turning on Airplane Mode through the Home Screen and Lock Screen
- When you are on either the lock screen or the Home screen, just swipe up. Do it from the bottom-most end so your iPhone will bring its Control Center opened.
- After that, you can see an Airplane icon on the top box. All you have to do is to tap on it. If the icon becomes brighter and dark blue, you can see that the Airplane Mode is enabled.
Turn on the Airplane Mode from the Settings app
You can turn on the device and launch “Settings” from the home screen to start it. Now, on the Settings, you should see Airplane Mode on the top block. It is switched off by default. You should switch it on by toggling the icon towards the right. As a result, you can see that the Airplane Mode is enabled.
Method 2: Use a different iOS device to change your device’s location
iPhone comes with a very handy feature that allows sharing the location to another iOS device. In order to make it work, you should configure the location sharing using a particular device. Please find below the simple steps to get it done.
- First, you should unlock the screen and tap on your Profile. After that, you should turn on the option called “Share My Location.” You should also toggle the switch ON.
- Now, you should turn on share my location on the iPad or any other iOS device. In addition to that, you should locate the “Find My” application on another iOS device. Then, you should be able to set a label for your present location as well.
- You can then scroll down the list of individuals who share the location. Then, tap on the list and select the option called to send the location as well.
Also, here are the top best mock location apps for Android/iPhone for your reference.
There are plenty of reasons for you to disable the location-sharing option. So, if you want to learn how to hide location on iPhone without them knowing, keep reading. To prevent sharing the location to other members on the “Share My Location” list, follow the guide below. The steps that are mentioned below will work on devices that run on iOS 8 or higher.
- Launch the Settings app & then scroll down the list. After that, you should locate the option called “Privacy” as well. Then, tap on it.
- Once you are on the privacy settings, you should go to the block that says (Location Services). Then, tap on it so you can open the settings of it.
- Now, on the option called location services, you should tap on “Share My Location.”
- On Share, you should find the option called My Location. Then, toggle it to enable the “Share My Location” feature.
Method 4: Stop sharing the location on Find My App
Your device has a special app called Find My. This app is developed for the purpose of sharing the location with your family or friends. If this feature is switched on, your location will be shared with those devices within your reach.
The purpose of the Find My app is to trace a device whenever it is lost. For instance, if your device is lost, you can find it using someone else’s iOS device. If you, however, wish to disable this feature, you can stop sharing the location.
If you wonder how to stop sharing location without them knowing, follow the steps below.
- First, you should open up the iOS device. After that, you should go to the option called “Find My” app. In fact, the Find My app is preinstalled on your iOS device if it runs on iOS 13. Well, if your device doesn’t have it, you should download it and install it on your device.
- Once the app is opened, you should see the option called “Me” in the form of an icon. It can be found at the bottom corner. You should tap on that so you can toggle the “Share My Location” tab back. As a result, you can switch it off.
- In addition to that, you can see an option to switch back to “Share My Location.” It can be done with individual members as well. To do that, you should tap on the option called “People.” It appears as a tab. Then, you should select a member from the available list. From the options that are available, you should tap on the option called “Stop Sharing My Location.”
How to unlock iPhone screen without using Find My iPhone
For iPhone users, you may like to know how to unlock its screen without this feature. Such need arises in various occasions. If you have already enabled “Find My Phone,” it can let you unlock the iPhone remotely. That is possible even if you forget the passcode. However, what if you have switched off the Find My iPhone and forgotten the password as well? Should you be locked out permanently? Probably not. Thankfully, there is an alternative way to get it done. If you have forgotten the passcode, you can simply seek the assistance of a professional third-party tool.
In this case, the best option to use is Tenorshare 4uKey. This tool is dedicated to bypassing any sort of broken lock system in the iOS device you are using. The interface of this tool is exceptionally convenient, even for a novice iOS user. You don’t have to be tech-savvy to use this tool. Even with zero programming knowledge, you can unlock a device with this tool (4uKey review here).
So, you can use the following guide and learn How to Stop Sharing Location Without Them Knowing
- Before everything else, you must download Tenorshare 4uKey on your PC and install it. Now, please launch the application as well. Then, you should choose the option called “Unlock Lock Screen Passcode.”
- After that, please take out the locked iOS device and connect it. Use a reliable USB cable and connect it to the same PC. After that, you should press the button labeled “Start.”
- Once everything is set, you should see that Tenorshare 4uKey starts downloading a firmware. It will download the latest and most appropriate firmware to the connected iOS device. You should now choose the required path to download. Then, click on the option called “Download.” This will start the process.
- At the completion of this process, you should click on the option called “Start Unlock” as well.
- Now, Tenorshare 4uKey will start removing the passcode. After that, just click on “Done” as well. The software will now boot the iPhone to the regular add passcode.
Conclusion on How to Stop Sharing Location Without Them Knowing
In our article, we tried to explain how to stop sharing location without them knowing. The methods you have used here will be handy on various occasions. Hopefully, the content we have stated in this article can hide the location on the iPhone. To make the process easier, please use the Tenorshare 4uKey application. It is a very efficient, powerful tool that allows you to unlock passcode on iOS devices. The best thing about this tool is that it doesn’t require the iOS device’s passcode to unlock.