In this article, we will discuss ‘how do you hide your location on iPhone’ using a variety of methods.
Many factors may prompt you to disable your location on your iOS device. It may be because of personal preferences.
Or, you may not like a few applications that keep track of your location. You can select from many ways to how do you hide your location on iPhone mentioned below.
The choice you make will be based on the duration you want to keep your location a secret.
We’ll start with the easiest and most popular method. It will also not compromise the functioning of your smartphone.
Method 1. How to Hide My Location on iPhone with AnyGo?
You may not like the software or applications tracking your live location. One option is to turn off the location itself. The problem is that it will affect other apps that need location enabled to work properly.
To solve this issue, we recommend that you try showing a false location. This way, you won’t need to disable the location feature. All other apps can continue to work, but your actual location is not disclosed in the process.
PS: if you wonder how to add a custom location on Instagram for making your business better, this guide you should check out.
How Do I Hide My Location on My iPhone Using Spy Software?
The best software to show a false location for your iOS device is iToolab AnyGo. It’s PC software that’s quite user-friendly and works without fail.
Below, we’ve listed some of its benefits:
- You don’t need to jailbreak your iOS device to download and run this software.
- You can change your location very easily with one tap from wherever you are.
- You can create your personalized motion on the map. This will help to make your false live location more realistic.
- It works on every iOS variant.
- The interface is easy to use & beginner-friendly.
- The software is ideal for the usage of location-tracking applications.
This software will answer your question, “how to hide my location on iPhone”. Below we’ve outlined the steps you can take to achieve the same:
Steps to hide my location on iPhone by AnyGo:
1. Download AnyGo from the official website. Once it’s done, complete the setup process on your device.
2. Launch the software and sync your iOS smartphone with your PC. Next, tap on the ‘Start‘ button. The device will display a map showing your present location.
3. Now, select the ‘Teleport‘ option at the upper right corner of your display. Specify your location precisely that you want to show as your fake location. Then tap on the ‘Search‘ option.
4. Your device will display a set of coordinates of the location that you had just entered. Cross-check it to ensure everything is right, and tap on the ‘Go‘ option to finish the process.
Besides, if you wonder how to change location on Bumble and go beyond those restrictions, this guide you should check out.
Method 2. Hide My Location on iPhone By Enabling the Airplane Mode
The easiest & most time-efficient way to figure out how to hide my location on iPhone is to use Airplane mode. Activating the Airplane mode will disable the location service.
To achieve that, launch your ‘Control Center‘ and click on the ‘Airplane Mode‘ option to disable it. This will terminate any active ongoing connected network your device may be in.
It will also stop other features like data networks, location services, and Bluetooth. To keep track, your device will continue to show your last observed location. This technique, however, has its own limitations.
In Airplane mode, you won’t be able to call anyone or send any text messages. You won’t be able to access any application that needs the Internet. This method will answer your question of ‘how do you hide your location on iPhone’.
Method 3. How Can I Hide My Location Using Another iPhone?
Another method to figure out how do you hide your location on iPhone is to use someone else’s device to show their location as your location. This can be ideal if you don’t want iMessage or Find my App to know your whereabouts.
If the device whose location you’ve shared is unmoving, you may as well fool anyone into believing that you’re stationed at one location.
If anyone tries to track you with iMessage tracking, the app will display the fake location and not the real one.
Steps to hide your location on iPhone via another iPhone:
Below, we’ve mentioned a few steps you can follow to achieve this:
- Launch the iOS settings app on the second iPhone.
- Select your profile at the top.
- Next, tap on the “Find My” option.
- Turn on the “Use this iPhone as My location” feature, and you’re good to go.
As you do this, you can hide your real location. No one can discover where you are as long as you don’t change the settings back to default again.
Method 4. Disabling iPhone Location from Settings
There’s one more alternative solution to fix ‘how do you hide your location on iPhone’. This can be helpful in the situation when you don’t have someone’s device to use the previous method. You can also use it if you don’t wish to continue sharing your location with apps like iMessage and Find My Friends.
You can choose to disable your location services altogether. This way, none of your contacts will know about your actual location. The software will not reveal that you’ve now terminated your location services.
Steps on how to hide my location iPhone from Settings:
To achieve this, follow the steps we’ve mentioned below:
- Launch the Settings app on your iOS device and then select your name. It is present at the top of the interface.
- Select the “Find My” option.
- Click on “Share My Location“. This will disable the location services.
Method 5. Disabling Your Device’s Location from Find My App
Are you wondering ‘how to hide my location on iPhone’ because you don’t wish to reveal your location?
If yes, then you can choose not to reveal your actual location using Find My App software.
How do you hide your location on iPhone via Find My App:
Please follow the below steps to achieve that:
- Launch the Find My App on your iPhone. If your device is using an iOS 14.1 version or the recent one, the app should be present there. However, if you’re using an outdated iOS version, then you may need to first install the app from the App Store to proceed.
- Once the app is launched, hit the “Me” option at the lower-left corner and disable the “Share My Location” feature.
- However, the location services may continue to track your device using your contacts. To avoid that, hit the “People” tab and choose a person with whom you don’t wish to share your location. Next, select “Don’t Share“.
Method 6. How to Hide Location on iPhone Using a VPN?
Installing a VPN on your iOS device is one of the simplest ways to conceal your geolocation. Your device can collect and send information over a public network by using a Proxy server.
This tricks your smartphone into thinking it’s linked to a secure system. In short, it allows you to cover your location.
Steps to hide your location on iPhone by VPN:
To access a Virtual private network, you’ll need to install VPN-supporting software. Follow the below-mentioned steps to set up a VPN on your device:
- Connect your smartphone to a Proxy server. Your iPhone may prompt you for access when the application has been downloaded.
- The VPN program will be set up immediately after you press the “Allow” option. After that, open the “Settings” option on your smartphone.
- Select the “General” category followed by the “VPN” option. Pick the VPN application you wish to activate from the options. This shows up only if you have numerous VPN applications downloaded on your iPhone.
In the article, we talked about various solutions you can try for how do you hide your location on iPhone. Hiding your actual location and showing a false location is very much possible.
All you need to know is the right steps. If you decide to hide your location owing to privacy concerns, we will recommend turning them off completely.
The multiple methods we explained carry their own benefits and pitfalls. You can choose any of them according to your requirements.
You can also go for the AnyGo tool, which is the most feature-rich method on the list. It gives you many features besides hiding your actual location. If you’ve any suggestions or feedback, please comment below.