Ever wondered how to delete downloads on Android and clean it up? Well, in this guide, we expose several methods to delete those unwanted downloads on your Android device.
Many Android users have plenty of unwanted files accumulated on their devices over time. When it comes to downloads, in particular, a large number of files can stockpile and consume your storage space. As you already know, Android devices have limited storage space. When the storage is full, the system doesn’t allow you to install new apps or updates. In addition to that, the device will start to run slower, and its battery will drain faster. Therefore, knowing how to delete downloads on Android is essential for anyone who uses a smartphone.
Once the downloads are cleared, and the memory is free, your Android device will start to run smoothly. You will be able to download apps and updates without any issue. With that said, mentioned below are the solutions you can use to delete downloaded on Android.
Solution 1: How to delete downloads on Android using “Settings”
The most basic solution to delete downloads on Android is through “Settings.” This is a pretty simple process that involves a couple of basic steps on your Android OS. So, go ahead and clean your downloads on Android using these steps.
- Launch the “Settings” app on your Android device.
- Then, you should look for the available apps or applications on the displayed menu. You can see an option called “Download.”
- After tapping on the “Download” icon, you can see plenty of application folders.
- Choose the files you intend to delete.
- Once you have done that, you can see buttons called “Delete” or “Uninstall.”
- When you choose one of those options, you will notice a popup menu. It asks if you need to delete those files permanently. Just confirm your action by tapping on the “OK” button so the files will be deleted.
Solution 2: Use Apps Tray to clear downloads
This is another method you can use to clear downloads. Just like the previous solution, this option too has very simple steps to follow.
- First, you should go to the Apps Tray on the device.
- Once you have done that, just identify the applications, you intend to delete.
- Press and hold on to the icons of the respective applications you intend to delete.
- Please note that some of the Android devices will facilitate a drag-and-drop function to uninstall. However, some devices display a delete icon at the top of the app. You can simply press that icon to delete the respective app.
- When you press that icon, the app will be uninstalled. Just click OK to confirm your action. If not, you can click on “Cancel” to cancel the uninstallation.
Solution 3: Use App Manager to clear the downloads
You can use the App Manager too to clear the downloads on your device. To do that, you can follow the steps that are mentioned below.
- First, you should go to the Apps Tray on your system.
- After that, you should look for the items available under the option labeled “Downloads.” But what you should know is that some Android devices don’t display the downloads app. If that is the case, you should simply look for the option called “File Manager” or “My Files.” You can find the “Downloads” option under one of those tabs.
- Now, identify the file you intend to delete and tap on it. In addition to that, you will see a select mode so you can select other files to delete.
- Now, tap on the button labeled “Delete.” You can find this icon at the corner of your device’s screen. It can either appear as a trash bin icon or even may have the word “delete.”
- Once prompted, you should tap on the “Delete” option or “OK” to confirm the action. That is how to delete downloads on Android using Apps Tray.
Solution 4: How to delete downloads on Android by clearing Cache and data
Every app installed on your Android device has a cache. This cache is useful to make the respective app loading faster. Over time, the cache can develop into a pretty large file. This data often corrupt due to various reasons and cause more harm than good. In fact, it can slow down your phone and even make apps behave weirdly over time. So, clearing cache is a smart move if you expect better performance from your Android.
The truth, however, is that you shouldn’t worry about deleting the cache. The files stored as cache are there to boost the loading speed of the respective app. They don’t affect the functionality of the OS. However, deleting corrupted cache files can make the apps run faster. So, have no doubt about deleting the cache. To delete cache, you should only follow a couple of simple steps. Mentioned below are those steps you should follow.
- Go to the “Settings” option on your Android device.
- Then, you should find the option called “Device Maintenance” as well.
- Now, tap on the option labeled “Storage.”
- You can select the option called “Cache Data” (in some devices, it may appear as “Clean Now“).
What is the best method to perform a complete cleanup on Android?
If you follow the steps that are mentioned above, you can delete specific files manually. However, did you know that there is a solid solution to erase all the data on your Android device? Dr.Fone – Android Data Eraser is one of the best professional tools to wipe out everything on your Android device.
Assume that you want to sell or give away your old Android phone to someone (how to transfer data from old phone to Oneplus 6) . In that case, the safest measure is to delete everything on that device before handing it over. This step is essential to ensure safety and privacy. As you can realize, it is not that easy to delete everything on your Android app manually. So, using a professional tool like Dr.Fone Data Eraser would be the best solution.
Dr.Fone Data Eraser can easily erase all the data on your Android device permanently. More importantly, no tool can recover the data that are deleted through Dr.Fone Data Eraser. So, those who prefer ultimate privacy and data safety should use this tool to clean up their Android phones. In addition to that, this tool takes very little time to delete all the files on your device. Installation and use of Dr.Fone – Android Data Eraser is a “walk in the park.”
Why do we prefer Dr.Fone – Android Data Eraser?
- It is compatible with more than 6000 devices.
- This tool doesn’t have any limitations when deleting data on an Android device.
- The data deleted cannot be recovered. It wipes Android data without recovery
- Deletes data in very little time.
- A user-friendly tool with excellent features.
Will storing text messages consume a huge space?
No. As long as they don’t contain any images or videos, text messages require very little space.
What is the file size of a regular text message?
In general, a plain text message doesn’t exceed 140 bytes. However, if you include multimedia content in the message, the file size will increase dramatically.
What is the best storage capacity to choose when going for an SD card?
Before choosing an SD card, you must check the compatibility of your Android device. Some Android devices support up to 64GB, while the majority of the devices support 32GB.
What if I delete an essential app unintentionally?
You can download the same app through Google Play Store. However, you will have to reenter the credentials to log into the app upon reinstallation.
What should I do to prevent potential data loss?
When you use Android devices, you may delete some important files unintentionally. However, you can retrieve those files back if you have created a backup of your data. You can either create a cloud backup (like Google Drive) or save your files to an external drive.
Well, knowing how to delete downloads on Android is essential for any smartphone user. However, some individuals don’t want to get rid of some files because they are of precious memories. In that case, the best option is to back up files either into Google Drive or an external drive. Do you have any other questions related to deleting downloads on Android? Please share them below in the comments section.