As great as it can be to record videos on your iPhone or a camera, our recordings aren’t always perfect and will likely require some editing afterward – this isn’t uncommon so if your videos aren’t the level of perfection that you were hoping for, don’t worry about it! However, after a quick search, you’ll find that there are numerous video joiner apps & video crop app programs out there and as you go through each of them, you’ll start to struggle with deciding which one is for you.
In this article, we’ll be narrowing it down and helping you to decide on which app you should use. Also, click to read the detailed Easy Sketch Pro review.
In our unbiased opinion, if you’re interested in learning how to crop a video and advancing your video editing talents, the best program that you can use is Wondershare Filmora Video Editor. On top of using this FLAC player on Android for cropping or trimming your recordings, it comes with so many other fantastic and easy-to-use video editing tools. Combining multiple video clips, adding subtitles, adding a hint of music – whatever you want to do to your video recordings, Filmora is definitely the program you should consider using.
Below are some of the key features of this video editing software.
- Import your video recordings directly from your iPhone, digital camera, or any other smartphone.
- Access hundreds of different video and audio effects which you can use to take your videos to a whole new level.
- While a professional-level program, it is ideal for beginners and is very easy to use.
- The HD photo editors can add subtitles/captions to your videos and customize them too.
This unique video crop app makes video editing more enjoyable, easier, and less frustrating – in comparison to other apps where accessing the different editing features can be very difficult.
How to Crop a Video Using Filmora Video Editor
If you haven’t used a piece of video editing software before or you are new to Filmora Video Editor, follow the guide that we have detailed below so that you can find out how to crop a video.
#1 – Download and install Filmora, launch it, and connect your iPhone if the video is stored there.
#2 – Open a Windows Explorer window (or Finder, if you’re on a Mac computer) and locate the video on your iPhone. Drag-and-drop it onto Filmora’s interface.
#3 – The video will be added to the “MY ALBUM” section. Drag the clip from this section onto the timeline at the bottom of the screen.
Note: you can drag-and-drop multiple videos onto this area if needed using the same approach.
#4 – Highlight the entire video and start playing it.
#5 – At the beginning of the part that you want to have trimmed, click the “Scissor” tool and at the end of the part you want to trim, click on the tool again.
#6 – This section will now be highlighted (as you can see). Right-click on the highlighted section and click on delete; repeat this with each of the video sections that you want to have trimmed.
#7 – Save the video and then click on “Export“.
#8 – Simply follow the steps shown on the export menu (select the output source, e.g., as a file, to your iPhone, to social media, etc.), and after the video is exported, you’re done!
It isn’t as difficult as most people think to crop a video and with a tool like Filmora, it’s very easy to understand. Whether you’re an aspiring video editor or you’re just interested in editing a family video from your recent vacation, Filmora is the program that you need to fix “How to Crop a Video”.
Also, here are the top best Wedding Video Editors for your reference.
#1 – Video Trim & Cut
This video crop app is available for iPhone, is easy to use, and allows you to edit all of your videos on the go and without a computer.
- Edit videos on-the-go.
- Easily crop your iPhone’s videos without importing.
- Very effective for video editing.
- Easy to get used to.
- Limited access to features.
- Some video editing experience is required.
#2 – Trim Video
iPads are very good for video editing for the sole reason that they have big screens. Not only do bigger screens make it easier for you to navigate the app, but it means you can trim your videos much more accurately.
- When it comes to learning how to crop a video, this video editing app is easy to use and ideal.
- Very basic, ideal for beginners.
- While basic, it lacks any advanced features and therefore might not be ideal for professionals.
#3 – Crop Video Square
As a free video editing app, Crop Video Square is worth checking out. You can trim your videos, rotate the frames, and move frames as you please.
- Easy to use, basic, and offers a range of editing tools.
- Absolutely no risk of video quality loss becoming a problem.
- Aside from iOS, Crop Video Square isn’t supported by most Smartphones (specifically Android).
#4 – Video Crop Pro
While a higher price tag, Video Crop Pro is one of the most popular apps for video editing which is available on iOS devices. Using this app allows you to rotate videos, adjust the aspect ratio, and of course, you can use it as a video crop app.
You can also easily edit the app’s settings to your own preferences.
- Very user-friendly, easy to use, and ideal for beginner video editors.
- Has a price tag attached.
- Users have reported that the app is not robust; crashes frequently or randomly closes.
#5 – Video Crop [Currently Not Available]
The Video Crop app is another fantastic video editing app that makes video cropping an easy job – believe it or not, this app is specifically designed for video cropping!
- Designed for video cropping and thus, easy to use.
- Can adjust the video’s aspect ratio and resolution, lowering the video’s storage size.
- Very basic app for video cropping and thus, limited features.
#6 – Video Editor FREE [Currently Not Available]
Surprisingly, this video crop app is free – you’ll understand why when you check it out for yourself. It not only gives you the opportunity to crop your videos, but you can also add captions, add music, record your own voice, and even merge videos. There really isn’t a better free video editing smartphone app out there.
- Considering its features, no price tag.
- One of the more advanced apps out there.
- While advanced, easy to use for beginners.
- Given that this app is free, it is outdated and is lacking in terms of some features that it offers.
#7 – Crop Your Videos [Currently Not Available]
The price tag that is attached to this app might be disheartening and could be the difference between you buying it or not, but we believe that it’s worth giving this video crop app a try. Concerning the features that it has to offer, you can trim your videos, add background colors, and even add music – all from the palm of your hand.
- Offers a wide range of video and audio editing features.
- Add background music and colors to your videos.
- The very high price tag for a smartphone app.
#8 – Crop Videos
With an app like Crop Videos, not only are you able to crop your iPhone’s videos but you can also edit your videos flawlessly. Whether you want to adjust the aspect ratio, trim the video, or even just capture a specific frame – check it out!
- Taking into account the price of some other video crop apps, it is reasonably priced.
- Incredibly simple and easy to use.
- Lacks advanced features and thus, isn’t ideal for serious editors.
#9 – Crop Video + [Currently Not Available]
With a hefty price tag of $4.99 you can expect a lot from the Crop Video + app – and don’t worry, you do get access to a lot of video editing features. Whether you’re just interested in a video crop app or you’re looking to adjust the video’s quality, this is an app worthy of its price.
- Contains a wide range of video editing tools.
- Although an advanced video editing app, it is easy for beginners to use.
- High price tag.
- Not available in a lot of countries.
#10 – Crop Video
Crop Video is a simpler version of Crop Video +, and as such, it doesn’t include as many advanced features as you’d expect. That being said, it still has a price tag attached.
- Easy to use for both beginners and advanced editors.
- Incredibly simplistic for video cropping.
- The price is undoubtedly not balanced with the features.
Now that you’ve read through our article on how to crop a video using Filmora, some of the features that it offers, and even some of the video crop apps that you can use to crop videos on your iPhone, you know everything that you need to know about video cropping. Even if none of the tools that we have shown you in this article appeal to you and you don’t think they’re worth considering, we urge you to check some of them out – especially Wondershare Filmora Video Editor.