It is needless to explain how popular WhatsApp has become today. In fact, it has become a norm in the context of modern-day communication tasks. As of this writing, more than 1.5 billion individuals use it, and that explains how widespread this tool is. You are reading this article probably because you are a WhatsApp user. We presume that you also want to know how to backup WhatsApp contacts. We don’t want to disappoint you; you are reading the right stuff.
When you use WhatsApp for a pretty long time, your contact list can become very long. Day by day, your contact list grows. You don’t want to lose any of those contacts regardless of how frequently you contact them. The best measure you can take to ensure the safety of your WhatsApp contacts is creating a backup.
If you have created a backup of all the WhatsApp contacts, you don’t want to worry about its safety. Even if something happens to the device or the contact list alone, you can simply retrieve the contacts. Also, such backup would be handy when you need to switch to a new device. So, it goes without saying that knowing how to backup WhatsApp contacts is very important for any WhatsApp user.
Now that you know the importance of creating a backup of WhatsApp contacts, what’s the best method to use? The truth is that there are a couple of ways to backup WhatsApp contact. However, only a couple of these methods are efficient. So, for your convenience, we intend to emphasize those effective methods. In fact, we introduce three methods in this article so you can choose the best option that suits you.
PS: here, you will learn more about how to perform WhatsApp backup on Google Drive and how to transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to iPhone 11.
Method 1: How to backup WhatsApp contacts using iMyFone iTransor for free
If you wonder about the most convenient way to backup your WhatsApp contacts, use iMyFone iTransor for WhatsApp. With it, you can backup WhatsApp contacts for free without any hassle. Apart from creating WhatsApp backups, this tool can work as the perfect data management option. iTransor ensures that WhatsApp data is backed up with contacts to your PC. So, there is a size limitation when creating backups if you use iTransor. Some most notable features listed below make iTransor a very handy tool.
- It can create a full backup of your data (all the data of a particular WhatsApp account). This means it can create a backup of WhatsApp media, WhatsApp messages, etc. into your computer.
- You can use iMyFone iTransor to restore the backups you have already created. The backup can be restored to any device of your preference regardless of the platform.
- There is no limit in creating backups because the data is directly saved into your computer.
- You can use it to transfer your WhatsApp data from one device to another effortlessly. For instance, it can be used to transfer an Android WhatsApp backup to an iOS device or Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone.
- It offers excellent compatibility on both Android and iOS devices.
How to transfer WhatsApp contacts using iTransor.
Now that you have an idea about the capacity of iTransor. Let’s see how to use it. In this section, we explain the process in the step-by-step mode so that it would be easier for our readers.
- 01. First, you should download iTransor on your computer and get it installed. The installation process is very simple, and it won’t take much time. After the installation, you can launch the program to see the home screen. Then, you should click on the option called ‘Backup WhatsApp on Devices.’ This option is located on the home screen itself.
- 02. Now, you must connect the device to the same computer on which you have just installed iTransor. To do this, you should use the USB cable provided by the original manufacturer. In addition to that, you must enable USB debugging mode if it is an Android. If you are using an iOS device (iPhone), just unlock it. Otherwise, iTransor will not be able to detect connected devices.
- 03. It won’t take that long for iMyFone iTransor to detect the connected device. Once the device is detected, you should click on the option labeled ‘Back Up.’ This will trigger the backup creation process, and all you have to do is waiting. Make sure that the devices are kept untouched until the process is 100% completed. After the process, you will be notified.
You will see that the backup is created on your computer. Whenever you need it, you can restore the backup files into any device and use them accordingly. The backup you created comprises the contacts as well.
Method 2: How to backup WhatsApp contacts on an Android device
It is true that the previous method we explained works with both Android and iOS devices perfectly.
However, if you don’t want to use a third-party tool like iMyFone iTransor for WhatsApp, you can consider this method. Just like the previous method, we explain the process in the step-by-step model for better understanding.
- 01. Launch WhatsApp app on your Android device and go to the option called ‘Settings.’
- 02. Now, you should see an option called ‘Chat Settings‘ under the ‘Settings‘ option. Tap on that and then go to the option labeled ‘Back-Up Chats.’ This will complete the process of creating a manual backup of your WhatsApp account on an Android device.
- 03. You can decide the frequency of creating backups if necessary. If you configure such a setting, the backup will be created automatically. We strongly recommend such an approach, especially if you have a lot of important information on your WhatsApp account.
Also, if you are bothered with the WhatsApp backup stuck issue, here are the top solutions for you.
Method 3: Create a backup of your WhatsApp contacts on your iPhone using iTunes/iCloud
If you are an iPhone user, Method 02 does not apply to you because iPhones function differently. In that case, you can use this method to create a backup of WhatsApp contacts.
To make it happen, you can use either of the official tools provided by Apple, namely iCloud and iTunes. Mentioned below are the steps to follow with each of those tools.
- To start the process, you should launch iTunes on the computer. It is recommended that you have iTunes updated to the latest version to avoid any mishaps. Then, connect the iPhone into the same computer. Make sure that you use the original USB cable provided by the manufacturer.
- Now, you should tap on the option called ‘Trust this computer‘ on the iPhone. After doing so, iTunes will recognize your device and be ready to proceed to the next step.
- After the device is detected by iTunes, you should select it. Then, you should click on the option labeled ‘Back up Now.’
- Make sure that the device is kept connected to the computer until the backup is created.
- First, you should launch the WhatsApp app on your iPhone.
- Then, you should tap on ‘Settings‘ and then tap on the option called ‘Chats.’ After that, you should tap on ‘Chat Backup‘ as well. Then, you must go to the ‘Back up Now‘ option.
In fact, we strongly recommend that you should use both of these methods to create a backup. If one method fails, you can make use of the other backup to retrieve your data. This is a critical way to minimize potential data losses.
Creating backups is an essential aspect, no matter whether you use WhatsApp or not. That means, all the important data in your smartphone should be kept in a backup. For instance, your photos, videos, messages, voice records, etc. should be kept separately (probably in a PC or cloud). If your device experiences a serious error or physical damage, the backup will be convenient. You can buy a new device and retrieve all the data back if you have a backup. Also, it is mandatory to create backups regularly to mitigate the potential of data loss.
Great, you know how to backup WhatsApp contacts on iPhones and Android devices now. The first method we explain (iTransor for WhatsApp) is the most convenient method as per the experience we had. However, we recommend you use both methods as a precaution. If you have any trouble related to creating WhatsApp backups, please let us know in the comments section.