Geofencing apps have become a popular option, particularly among the parents who worry about the whereabouts of their kids. The term geofencing refers to a virtual boundary that surrounds a certain geographical location. For instance, a virtual fence created on the boundaries of a certain city, neighborhood, etc. Geofencing apps alert you when the person who is being monitored enters or leaves the fence.
How do geofencing apps work?
To establish a geofence, you require two things: a smartphone and a geofencing app. The geofencing app you choose must be installed on the smartphone of the person who is being monitored. For instance, think of your kid’s smartphone. After the installation of the app, it will keep tracking the accurate position of the target user. To track the users accurately, geofencing apps use Wi-Fi, cellular data, EPS, or even Bluetooth connections. Whenever the target user enters or leaves the created geofence, the app will send a notification.
One of the most notable things about geofencing is that it doesn’t require the installation of any additional hardware. Instead, it utilizes the existing sensors in the device. However, you can consider using Bluetooth trackers to increase the overall accuracy (which is not compulsory). The accuracy of the geofence can vary depending on the type of environment the target is in. For instance, you can experience better accuracy if the target is in an urban area. That is because such an area would normally comprise of plenty of Wi-Fi signals. However, when it comes to a rural area, the accuracy can be reduced, and you already know the reason.
The best Geofencing apps for Android and iOS devices
Now you know the functionality of Geofencing, let’s get to know the best geofencing apps. In fact, there is no dearth of geofencing apps, but it can be difficult to distinguish the best. To make it possible, you will have to do plenty of research. However, we have done the difficult part on behalf of you. As per the research we did, we were able to find some great geofencing apps with excellent features. You can choose one app from the below-mentioned list.
We took several factors into consideration when choosing the best geofencing apps. For instance, we considered location accuracy, battery usage, user-friendliness, real-time tracking, compatibility, etc. when creating this list.
#1 Geofencing App. KidsGuard Pro
KidsGuard Pro can be one of the most accurate and efficient geofencing apps in the industry. As per the experience we had with it, its overall performance is smooth and exemplary. KidsGuard Pro can function behind the curtain (in stealth mode), so the target user will not detect it. Thankfully, it can select an area up to 1KM to configure the geofence. In addition to that, this tool allows you to customize the working time as you need. For instance, you can configure it to track the respective user from 10.00 AM to 5.00 PM every day.
Besides, this app allows you to read a comprehensive report of all the enter and exit events. This report is sent to you as an email for your convenience.
Pros of KidsGuard Pro
- It is relatively affordable compared to many other geofencing apps.
- You can check the locations of the target in real-time.
- It gives you a location history report for the past 24 hours.
- You can install it very conveniently.
- The interface of this software is exceptionally friendlier to the user.
- You don’t need to root the target device to install it.
- KidsGuard Pro doesn’t have a free trial version.
- It doesn’t work for iOS devices (works with Android only as of this writing).
#2 Geofencing App. Pumpic
This is another powerful app that comes with plenty of handy features to impress the users. You can use Pumpic to track your kids as well as any other person you care for. This tool offers a well-detailed location history, so you know where the target user was every day. In addition to that, this app comes with a real-time location feature, as well. This tool offers you the option of tracking the target from remote locations. One of the most notable features associated with Pumpic is that it restricts the usage of the target device. Such a feature becomes particularly handy when it comes to tracking little ones. This tool works with pretty much all the platforms, including Android, iOS, Mac OS, and Windows.
Pros of Pumpic
- It gives you a detailed report about the online activities of your child.
- You can use it to set a variety of restrictions on the target device.
- It gives you an accurate geofencing functionality in addition to the other geofencing features.
- It requires you to root Android devices if you want to experience all the features.
- The installation of the app can be somewhat difficult, particularly for new users.
- The app tends to slow down occasionally.
#3 Geofencing App. Kaspersky Safe Kids
This is another powerful app that has a pretty long history in the world of geofencing. The app comes with a very user-friendly interface to make things more convenient for every user. Even if you are a novice smartphone user, the installation of this app would be very easy. One of the best things about this app is that it allows you to define a specific geofence. Then, this app notifies you whenever your kid reaches out to the configured geofence. In addition to that, it sends alerts if your kid is making any attempts to access unwanted websites. Also, it notifies you whenever the kids access inappropriate apps. So, this is a comprehensive protection for your kid and a great way to eliminate your worries about her. It works perfectly on your PC, Android tablet, or Android smartphone.
Pros of Kaspersky Safe Kids
- It is a cross-platform software that has greater compatibility.
- Relatively affordable price tag.
- Ease of use and very convenient user interface.
- It allows you to block unnecessary content from your child’s smartphone.
- The monitoring app (installed on the parent’s device) is not that stable and tends to hang up often.
- In certain cases, location tracking may not be that accurate.
- When you use this app on an iOS device, the features are limited.
#4 Geofencing App. mSpy
Although we have listed this app in the fourth place, that shouldn’t underestimate the efficiency of it. There are plenty of individuals who consider mSpy to be one of the best geofencing apps in the industry. Apart from that, mSpy plays the role of one of the best spying apps. mSpy is capable of tracking pretty much every activity takes place on the target device.
In addition to tracking the real-time location of the device, it comes with a keylogger, as well. This special feature can easily record all the keystrokes typed in the device, including the passwords. So, mSpy is one of the best parental control apps. It works with both Android and iOS devices. The best thing is that it doesn’t want you to root or jailbreak the device.
Pros of mSpy
- mSpy comes with the option of limiting the usage of the target device.
- Keylogger to capture all the keystrokes.
- Compatible with all the platforms.
- Convenient, attractive, and feature-rich user-interface.
- You will have to go for the ultimate edition of mSpy to use the geofencing feature.
- The cost of mSpy’s ultimate version is slightly more.
- Some of the features are available on rooted devices only.
#5 Geofencing App. GizmoContol Family
GizmoControl Family is another app that can track the location of Android devices pretty easily. It is introduced specifically for Android devices as a parental control tool. In addition to that, it works as an antivirus tool, as well. All in all, this app comes with a pretty convenient user-interface. This app comes with several interesting and useful features to protect your child from various instances. For instance, it has a family locator, family device management, etc. in addition to geofencing.
Pros of GizmoControl Family
- You can configure the geofence feature of the GizmoControl Family with minimal effort.
- Useful parental control feature so it can protect all the family members.
- Very strong security protection.
- It doesn’t work for iOS devices.
- Some of the users have experienced lagging performance.
- No refund policy is available.
#6 Geofencing App. Sygic Family Locator
This is another well-known app that comprises of the geofencing feature. In fact, this app helps to view the location of each of your family members. It allows you to stay in touch with all the members with an instant messaging feature. If the owner of the target device cannot find his way back, he can use the SOS feature. With this feature, you will be able to know the exact location of the kid and take necessary actions. Also, the geofencing feature of this app can notify you whenever the target user goes out of it.
Pros of Sygic Family Locator
- The installation process is very easy.
- Convenient user-interface.
- Works on both Android and iOS devices.
- You can keep in touch with instant messages.
- The GPS feature of the target phone must be enabled to track its location.
- Location updates can take time.
- Not-so-good customer service as there is no way to contact them through emails.
This is a very popular app that can track the locations of a particular user conveniently and accurately. This app works for both iOS and Android devices. Its geofencing feature acquires location information through Sephora stores. Currently, it has more than 2300 stores in 33 countries. The geofencing feature of this app can send you a push notification whenever the target crosses a nearby Sephora store.
Pros of Sephora
- Easy to use.
- Lightweight app.
- Works for both iOS and Android devices.
- It relies only on Sephora stores to acquire location details.
This software acquires location information from satellite imagery integration technology. This option supports all the map data in more than 80 countries. You can host it on the cloud as an added bonus. In most cases, oil and gas companies use this software.
- Uses satellite imagery integration.
- Works in more than 80 countries.
- Free app.
- Not available for Androids.
09. Timesheet Mobile
This is another app that can be used on job-related sites. It works in collaboration with QuickBooks so the user can export data that relates to payroll. It is a cloud-based software developed for iOS and Android devices.
Pros of Timesheet Mobile
- Works for both Android and iOS.
- QuickBooks integration.
- It is mainly for job-related tracking.
This app comes with some additional features like vehicle tracking, real-time alerts, route optimization, reporting, etc. You can monitor a driver’s entry and exit from the preconfigured areas or work sites. It can also keep track of the time each vehicle or crew member spent at the job site.
Pros of GreenRoad
- It comes with additional features like real-time alerts and vehicle tracking.
- Tracks the time spent on the job site.
- This is designed for industrial tracking purposes.
Well, that’s our list of best geofencing apps. You may pick one from the list and let us know if you have any issues.