Many Windows users have been reporting about the GeForce experience Error Code 0x0003 error that renders them unable to use the Nvidia Experience features. They have no option but to shut the dialog box off. It has been a frequent issue with Windows 7/8/10.
It is to help you fix this issue that we present this article where we will tell you the causes and then the solutions to them.
Reasons behind the GeForce experience error code 0x0003
You may get messages like “Something went wrong. Try restarting GeForce Experience.” Or “Something went wrong. Try rebooting your PC and then launch GeForce Experience. ERROR CODE: 0x0003“. There are many potential causes for this error.
Let us list them for you to become able to analyze and pick the better solution:
- Hindered interaction between the desktop and the services of Nvidia Telemetry
- The core services of Nvidia being disabled
- The Nvidia drivers of the GPU getting corrupted
- The network adapters getting stuck and causing glitches
- Faulty or incomplete Windows updates causing a problem to the Nvidia drivers
- Outdated Windows OS
- Software problems in the GeForce application itself
Nine best methods to remove the issue of GeForce experience 0x0003
This list contains the best repair strategies that we found a careful study of the user experiences and reports related to fixing this particular issue.
1. Force enabling the Nvidia Services to fix ‘GeForce Experience 0x0003’
The disabled Nvidia services can be the prime cause behind the GeForce error. You need to enable the core services for fixing this issue can this can be done by the following steps:
- Press the keys Windows+R for launching the Run dialog box. Enter the command services.msc into the box. Hit Enter.
- In the following window, see which services are disabled. Hit a Right-click overall. Choose the option to Restart or Start for enabling them.
See if the error is removed.
2. Allow interaction between Nvidia Telemetry services and the desktop
This method has got much success in resolving the GeForce experience 0x0003 problem by ensuring that all the services of Nvidia were continuously running and interacting with desktop as well. Below are given the steps that you need to follow to do so:
- Press the keys Windows+R for launching the Run dialog box. Enter the command services.msc into the box. Hit Enter. Give the necessary administrator permissions.
- In the Services window that opens now, navigate to find the service of Nvidia Telemetry Container. Right-click over this option. Click on the option Properties.
- Hit on the tab Log On. Tick the box adjacent to the option. Allow service to interact with desktop. Click Apply.
- Go back to the Services screen and find these service options
Nvidia Network Service Container
Nvidia Local System Container
Nvidia Display Service
- Hit a right-click over each of these options. Lastly, hit Start. This will enable all of the services.
Now go back and check if the error is gone that was hindering the operation.
By the way, let’s learn more about how to deal with Intel Delayed Launcher Slowing the Bootup effortlessly.
3. Reinstall all the component of Nvidia
Many users claimed that the GeForce error code 0x0003 was removed after reinstalled the drivers of Nvidia and the GeForce experience too. Follow the steps that we give below:
- Press the keys Windows+R for launching the Run dialog box. Enter the command appwiz.cpl into the box. Hit Enter. This will open the screen of Programs and Features.
- Click the option of Publisher for ordering all the applications installed by it.
- Once that is done, find the first list given out by the Nvidia Corporation. Right-click over that and hit Uninstall. Do the same to all the items included in this list.
- Keep doing the same with all the Nvidia application installed on your PC.
- Restart the PC and wait till the sequence of the next startup is complete.
- Now you will need to re-download the GeForce experience. After the installation finishes, the software will install all the drivers automatically.
- Restart the PC once again.
Similarly, you can also try manually installing the updated graphics drivers to mend the GPU driver that might have gone corrupted and thereby causing the GeForce error code 0x0003.
The initial steps are the same as the process mentioned above. After restarting the PC when the services have been uninstalled, check the GPU model, version of the OS, series, and language. Now you need to download the recent versions of the GPU configuration drivers. Click the option Search, and that will fetch all the recent versions.
Install all the drivers properly by following the prompts as they appear on the screen. Check if the error is removed.
4. Update the graphics driver of Nvidia to fix ‘GeForce experience error code 0x0003’
You must have the latest version of the Nvidia drivers installed on your PC as the outdated drivers can surely be hampering the GeForce related operations. To update the drivers, follow the steps given below and these apply to the Windows 10 OS:
- The first step is to launch the Device Manager. For opening it, just press the keys Windows+X together.
- Select the option Display adapters.
- Find the option of Nvidia Graphics card and hit a Right-click over it.
- Click Update Driver.
This will start the process of upgrading the drivers into the recent version.
5. Reset the Network Adapters to fix GeForce error
In this method, the software of the network adapter is reset, and the default configurations are put back again. This process is also called Comms reinstall, or Winsock reset, and this can be done for Windows OS 7/8/10. To do this, follow the steps given:
- Press the keys Windows+R for launching the Run dialog box. Enter the command cmd and then hit the keys Ctrl+Shift+Enter for launching the prompt Command. Grant all the Admin permissions if asked upon.
- In the prompt, enter the command “netsh winsock reset” and then hit Enter. This will reset the adapter drivers.
- Restart the PC lastly.
Check if the GeForce experience 0x0003 is removed.
6. Disable all the tasks of GeForce and then re-enable them to fix ‘GeForce error code 0x0003’
Follow the steps given below to do so:
- Press the keys Ctrl+Shift+Esc together. This will launch the Task Manager Window.
- Navigate through and see what all Nvidia tasks are running. Select all of them and then hit the tab End task.
- Now find the icon of the GeForce Experience application. Hit a right-click over it and then select the option of Run as administrator.
Go back to run the hindered operation and see if the method was successful.
7. Reinstall the app GeForce Experience to fix ‘GeForce Experience Error Code 0x0003’
The app might be suffering through some internal software bugs, and this can be fixed through reinstalling it on the PC. Follow the steps to do so:
- Open the search box in the Start Window. Enter a feature and select the option of Apps and Features from the result list that emerges.
- Navigate through the list and click on the option of GeForce Experience. Hit Uninstall.
- Now open the official website of Nvidia and download the GeForce Experience app again.
- Finish the installation and then run it on Windows.
See if the error is removed now.
8. Create a fresh User account to fix ‘GeForce error code 0x0003’
This can probably be the last resort that you may have to shift to if none of the fixes given above were able to solve the issue created by GeForce error code 0x0003. You will be required first to delete all the drivers and applications associated with Nvidia services. Then you can create a fresh User Account and set up all the Admin permissions for enabling it properly. Once you finish with all this, install the Nvidia drivers again.
See if the issue is gone, and you can operate the services normally.
9. Update the Windows OS to fix ‘GeForce Experience 0x0003 Error Code’
Outdated Windows might be the culprit themselves behind the GeForce experience 0x0003 issue, and to remove this possibility, look for any updates that might have been launched and install them.
Follow the steps for Windows 10:
- Open the Settings of the PC by pressing the keys Windows+R.
- Click the option of Update & Security.
- Select Check for updates.
- Install the updates, if available.
- Reboot the Windows.
Follow the steps for other Windows versions:
- Open the Run box by pressing the keys Windows+R.
- Enter the command control. Hit OK.
- Select the option Windows Update after viewing the icons in a large size.
- Select Check for updates.
- Install the updates, if available.
- Reboot the Windows.
Conclusion on How to Fix ‘GeForce error code 0x0003’
We hope that these solutions for fixing the issue of GeForce experience error code 0x0003 will successfully do the job for you. If you have any other method, share it with us in the comment section and also tell us your experience with the fixes that we provided. This will help us bring better services to you.