For the people who forgot laptop password, gaining access to their laptop again can turn into a nightmare due to the manual methods being very risky. The two primary fixes for this situation work with and without a password reset disk, and we are going to give you the best methods for both of the fixes. Read on to know more.
Passper WinSenior – Best way to unlock laptops fully automatically
If you forgot laptop password and want access to your system back asap, the situation can get difficult if there is no password reset disk with you to help you with that. Hence, we introduce the software named Passper WinSenior to you that stood best on our tests and will serve your purpose perfectly.
This tool has been designed to meet all the password recovery needs of the users where it can both remove and reset the Windows password for PCs or laptops without even needing any disk. It would take only a few easy steps for the tool to do so.
Let’s take a look at the primary features of this amazing software:
- With just a single click, the tool can create the password reset disk for your system with the help of either a US flash drive or drives like DVD/CD.
- The tool doesn’t involve reinstallation of the operating system of the laptop while resetting both guest login and admin accounts.
- It is fully compatible with all the laptops of different brands like Acer, Toshiba, Lenovo, Dell, Sony, HP, and many others.
- The tool has always delivered the best results in resetting the password for laptops without any disk, and its success rate is 100% acknowledged by popular tech websites.
The method of operating the Passper WinSenior if you forgot laptop password is very easy and involves quite easy steps. Before you begin with them, you must download the tool on any other system that is accessible or unlocked. Visit the official website of the tool and download it from there. Then install it properly, and then you can move ahead with the steps that are given below.
So if you wonder how to reset the password on HP laptop without disk, just follow up below simple guide as well.
Steps to Unlock Laptop with Passper Winsenior if You Forgot Laptop Password
1. Insert any drive like USB flash, DVD, or CD into the PC on which you downloaded the Passper WinSenior tool. After that, launch the software and hit the button Create on the main interface for beginning the process of burning the ISO images.
2. Once the burn process is finished, eject the drive and insert that into the laptop that is locked.
3. Now you will have to activate the boot menu on the locked laptop, and for that, you just have to follow the instructions that will appear on the screen.
4. On that menu, select the option of Windows System running on your laptop, followed by selecting the option of Reset Windows Password.
5. From the list of options that emerge next, select the locked admin account of your laptop and then hit the button Next.
6. Now, you can set any new password that you want or can remember for future log in. Hit the button Reset lastly.
7. After the reset process gets over, hit on the option of Reboot computer, followed by clicking on the option Reboot Now for confirming the action. All of this must be done before ejecting out the bootable disk that you inserted at first.
You can now use the newly set password for logging into your laptop next time, and the machine will get unlocked easily.
PassFab 4WinKey – Simplest software for password recovery
For all the novices who forgot laptop password, there is nothing much to worry about if you want to log in to your laptop without the password. PassFab 4WinKey is one such tool that will reset the password for your Windows laptop or bypass the step with the easiest method and in the least time.
The best thing about this tool is that it ensures full safety of the laptop data during the password recovery. You will find this tool extremely useful as it has the capability of unlocking a huge variety of Windows locks like Common Login with Passwords, Picture Lock, Security Key Lock, Windows Help PIN Lock, Windows Hello Fingerprint Lock, Windows Hello Face, etc.
Let’s take a look at the primary features of this amazing software:
- It allows you to reset or bypass the admin passwords and others instantly.
- You can even reset the password for any Microsoft account in no time.
- You can both create and delete Windows accounts as per the need.
- It will only need you to make a single click for creating a Windows password reset disk via a DVD, CD, or USB.
- It is fully compatible with all Windows versions like XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10, as well as Server 2019.
For all the users who forgot laptop password and wanting to use the PassFab 4WinKey software for resolving the issue, here are the simple steps you will need to follow:
1. Visit the official website of the tool and download it from there. Then install it properly, and then you can move ahead with the steps that are given below:
2. Insert any drive like USB flash, DVD, or CD into the PC on which you downloaded the PassFab 4WinKey tool. After that, launch the software and hit the button Next on the main interface.
3. Now, eject the drive and insert that into the laptop that is locked. Hit the key F12 or other relevant keys for going to the BIOS settings of the system. This is being done to enable the boot mode on the locked laptop and recover it via the burned disk. Select the relevant option for that in the BIOS settings.
4. Save the changes and then exit the BIOS menu.
5. Once the program appears on the screen, select the option of a Windows system and then hit the button Next. Select the locked Windows account and then tick the option of Remove Account Password.
6. The software will begin its process of removing the password from that laptop instantly. Once it’s done, restart the laptop, and next time when you log in, enter the new password.
Unlock the laptop with an installation disk
An installation CD or disk can come in very handy when you find out that you forgot laptop password. However, you must note that this method of using the password reset disk works out only for the Local system accounts. This means that if a Microsoft Account is logged in on your system, then it can only be unlocked via a password reset tool of Microsoft only that can be procured from their online forum.
Now, let’s see the steps that you will have to follow
1. On the login screen, click on the account that you want to login to. Then enter any random combination of letters in the login bar. When you do that, a link for Reset Password will pop up on the screen.
2. Click on the above-mentioned link for allowing Windows to start the wizard for the password reset. At this moment, insert the disk that you have for the password reset and then hit the button Next.
3. On the next screen, a list of options would emerge, and you have to choose the relevant password reset disk with the right user key.psw file. Hit the button Next.
4. Enter the new password that you want to set up for a future log in use and also set up a password hint. Hit the button Next again.
5. If the above process completes properly and the password gets changed, a confirmation message will appear on the window with the text “You’ve successfully reset the password for this user account.” At last, hit the button Finish for closing the wizard for the password reset.
Two ways of resetting password when the laptop is unlocked
In the situation when the laptop is not fully locked, and you can have access to the password entry page, you can still work your way out if you forgot laptop password by two different methods. Let’s see them now.
Use the admin account for a password reset
You can use this method if you have an account like another user account or guest account active on the laptop with administrative privileges. Here are the steps for it:
1. Hit the start menu and then open the control panel. Select the option of User Accounts and then click on the option of Manage another Account.
2. Select the option of the user account whose password you have forgotten and want to set up a new password.
3. Hit the button Change the password and then enter the new password.
4. Enter the newly set password into the locked account next time you log in.
Use the Recovery Manager for a password reset to fix ‘Forgot Laptop Password’ issue
This method is valid for the HP laptop users who forgot laptop password as they can avail the help of an in-built feature of HP laptops called the Recovery Manager. This will be very helpful if you don’t have any other administrative accounts registered in the system. Here are the simple steps of this method:
1. Turn on the laptop and keep pressing the key F11 till the Recovery Manager Window appears.
2. Hit the option of “I need help immediately and system recovery.” Before that, you must have backed up all the important files. Now, click the option of Recover without backing up the data.
3. Hit the button Next and keep following the instructions as they appear.
Tips to avoid password loss
Despite the availability of the amazing and easy solution for recovering passwords, it is always the priority to remember the passwords as things may not turn out in your favor always. Following tips can help you to prevent situations of password loss and recovery, thereby:
- Use simple passwords.
- Set up a relatable password with info that you tend to always remember, like any important date or name.
- Note down the password somewhere.
Conclusion on How to Fix the ‘Forgot Laptop Password’ Issue
The above methods will make it super easy for you to log in to your laptops in case you forgot laptop password. We recommend you to use the Passper WinSenior and PassFab 4WinKey tools for guaranteed results, but the other fixes also work great. Additionally, it would be better if you be careful with your password to not forget it easily.