Error code 495 is probably the most frequently faced problem by any Android user while using the Android play store to download any application, especially when you are connected through Wi-Fi.
As the issue itself is more network-related so we can solve it by moving to mobile data, but it’s not recommended, especially for downloading bigger applications as it will massively consume the battery, and definitely, it’s a more expensive option.
So, let’s begin the detailed information on this error, its possible reasons, and solutions.
Part 1. What is the Error code 495? What could be its possible reasons?
Before we go into depth details for possible solutions, let’s first see as to what is this error code 495 and why it occurs?
As explained above, this error code 495 occurs when a user is logged into the play store through a Wi-Fi network. But there will be no such error while connected through a mobile data network.
In simple words, this logically looks quite odd.
So we need to look for a feasible solution as switching onto mobile data networks will not serve the purpose as it would be very costly to download applications through it, and mobile battery power will be rapidly drained. The following could be the possible reasons for this error code 495
- Poor/Weak Wi-Fi connection
- Connection time out
- Unable to synchronize with servers
So let’s discuss them one by one.
Poor/Weak Wi-Fi connection
If you want to use a Wi-Fi network to download applications on Google play store, then it’s recommended to check the Wi-Fi connection strength. If the Wi-Fi connection isn’t very strong, then most definitely you’ll face error code 495.
In case you are connected to the Google play store but haven’t used it more than the prescribed time, then you will experience the connection time out problem. You’ll be required to disconnect and then reconnect to the network to rectify it.
Unable to synchronize with servers
Sometimes you come across a situation when you are unable to connect between the application on Google play store and its server. Such a kind of issue is mostly because of the synchronization problem. If the servers are not synchronized, the Google play store won’t allow you to download or update any application.
Part 2. Possible ways to solve the Error code 495
So far, we have covered all possible reasons for the error code 495. So based on people’s feedback, the following are best practices to solve this issue
Empty the cache files from Google play store to fix Error Code 495
It’s always recommended to clear up the cache memory of the Google service framework. Otherwise, you wouldn’t have enough space for new tasks. By doing so, you’ll note quite a significant change in the performance of your smartphone/tablet device. So how to clear the cache files from the Google play store?
- Go to settings of your smartphone/tablet.
- There you’ll see a section where all the installed applications are listed together
- Click on Google play store
- Inside the Google play store, you’ll see an option for “clear data” & “clear cache.”
By doing so, all the cache files are removed from the Google play store. Now launch the Google play store through a Wi-Fi connection and check if you are still getting error code 495.
Remove your Google account information on the play store and add it again.
If you are still facing the same error code 495 even after clearing the cache. Then let’s try another way
- Go to settings of your phone
- Inside settings look for the option for accounts
- Click on the accounts and now look for Google account option
- Click on the Google account option. Inside it, you’ll find an option labeled as “remove account.” Click on it
- Enter your password.
By doing so, your Google account will be removed from the device. Now repeat the process, and this time add your account details into it. Upon successful account addition, relaunch Google play store and see if the error code 495 is still there or not.
By the way, let’s learn more about how to perform free Google Play movies hack effortlessly.
Empty the cache files of Google service framework to fix Error Code 495
Probably the easiest way to get rid of error code 495 is by emptying all the cache files of the Google service framework. So how shall we do it?
- Go to settings and select the option for applications
- Now checkmark all the applications. Then look for an option labeled “Google service framework app” and click on the “force stop” option inside “clear data.”
- Inside it search for “clear cache” and click on it
This way, all the cache files of the Google service framework are emptied. Now launch the Google play store and try to download an application and see if there is still an error code 495 or not.
Use of Android operating system repair tools to fix Error Code 495
There are many repair tools available in the market which can help you to resolve many commonly faced problems. iMyFone Fixppo for Android is one of those well-known repair tools available in the market. Getting it will make your life much easier as an Android compatible device user. Even the issues like Error code 495 will be easily solved without that much effort. The best thing about this tool is, you don’t need to be an expert to use it. Even a layman can get benefit from using it.
Use any VPN application to fix Error Code 495
Another good and recommended way to solve the error code 495 problem is through the help of a VPN application. So how shall we install a VPN connection?
- Log into your Google play store and select any suitable VPN application. Now try to download this. In case you are getting the error code 495 even while downloading the VPN application, then you should either try to download it via a mobile data network or try to use some other 3rd party application store.
- Once the application is downloaded and installed, select the USA as your country and then connect.
- Now launch the Google play store and try to download the same application, doing which you faced the error code 495.
It’s always recommended to select a VPN application carefully. You should check the number of downloads and user reviews in order to make sure you are having the best available application for your Android device (top Android auto clicker for you). Otherwise, if you download a less reliable application, it may come up with its own problems.
Reset all application preferences to fix Error Code 495
If you are still not successful even after trying all the above-listed options, then this option may well serve the purpose, as it does for many other small issues linked with other applications. So how exactly does this work?
- Go to settings of your device
- Inside settings look for application manager option and click on it
- Checkmark all the applications and select the option named “reset applications.”
By doing this, all application preferences will be reset. Once it’s done, launch the Google play store and try to download any random application and see if the error code 495 is still there or not.
Look into your network connection.
Probably the easiest way to fix the error code 495 is by checking your network connection. Try and visit some other site, for example, just visit www.youtube.com and play the video. If the video plays smoothly, then you’ll know your network is working properly, and there is something else wrong, which is causing error code 495.
So we should also check our network connection in order to save a lot of time trying other tricks.
Change the settings of custom DNS servers.
Wrong/inappropriate settings of DNS servers can also be the cause of Error code 495. So how shall we change these DNS server settings?
- Go to Settings on your Android smartphone/tablet device
- Inside settings look for “Wi-Fi” option and select it
- Checkmark the option “Show advanced options.”
- There you’ll see the default IP server settings. Now manually change the DNS server IP settings to either “188.8.131.52” or “184.108.40.206“.
- Save these settings
Upon successful completion, connect to a Wi-Fi network and launch the Google play store to verify if the error code 495 is still there or not.
Disconnect Android device manager
Another option you can try to solve the error code 495 is by disabling/disconnecting the Android device manager. So how we can do this?
- Go to settings, and inside, it goes to “Applications.”
- Inside the applications look for “download manager” and open it
- There you’ll see the option labeled “Application details.”
- Here you’ll find an option to disable the device manager
In the end, we can conclude by saying that you should try all the above-listed options one by one to solve the error code 495. Based on people’s feedback, we very much hope that you’ll find the solution to your problem.