What if you experience error 009 Roku when you are about to watch something really interesting? Well, this error code can appear anytime, and it indicates more of a hardware-related problem. The purpose of this article is to help you overcome this issue with ease. So, go ahead and learn how to do it.
Introduction to Roku
It is true that the concept of TV Streaming has become exceptionally advanced over the past couple of years. As long as you have a smart TV stick, any TV can be converted into a smart TV. The best example is Roku Stick. In fact, Roku is hardware that works as a streaming device. This specific device works smoothly in most cases. However, just like any other device, you can experience some issues with Roku as well. In other words, Roku devices are not invincible.
There are instances in which Roku can come up with some annoying errors, at least once in a while. Error 009 Roku is one of them, and that can be pretty annoying for sure. In fact, error 009 Roku represents an issue pertaining to the internet connection linked to the device. In other words, it represents a connection issue or even an authentication problem. Roku device requires a solid, strong internet connection for it to be working as expected. If the network in your home is working correctly at a good speed, the problem relates to the device. The device cannot communicate with the router, so the error 009 Roku will appear.
Error 009 Roku – Introduction
As mentioned before, error 009 Roku is related to the speed and the stability of your internet connection. When your Roku device cannot gain access to the internet, this error might appear. On top of that, the same error can appear on the Roku device. In some cases, it might appear if the respective ISP has not been granted proper internet access. And in other cases, you will have to verify it from your ISP.
In many cases, error 009 Roku gets resolved when the respective internet connection is restored or repaired. However, there can be several other reasons to prevent a smooth connection from being established. Mentioned below are the most common reasons that can trigger this error.
01. Error in DNS Cache
In many cases, the internet can get interrupted due to incorrect DNS configuration, which is already cached. The caching is done through the router. If the wrong DNS cache is stored, you are unlikely to experience a smooth connection.
02. The internet connection is poor
Roku is a device that works based on a solid, fast internet connection. Without a fast internet connection, you are likely to experience various errors in Roku. For instance, it can get disconnected from the main database or the library more often than not. Eventually, it will end up causing various errors, including error 009 Roku.
03. Configuration of the device
More often than not, Roku might have internal issues when connecting to the server. Those issues will keep it from connecting to the media database. Such errors can trigger by faulty system software. That will eventually restrict the functionality of the Roku device.
04. Improperly installed cable
The possibility of a loose cable can not be underestimated. Due to various reasons, the cables don’t necessarily connect to the device. For instance, some cables may even get broken or loosened when you use them for some time. So, it is important to check whether the cables are connected properly. Also, you should check if the cables have some sort of damages.
Solutions to use if error 009 Roku has occurred
Now that you have a fair understanding of error 009 Roku. Let’s learn how to fix it. There are several reasons behind the error 009 Roku. In this case, we consider that your internet connection is working properly. So, be sure to follow the instructions mentioned below and see if they can fix this error. You must know that these step-by-step instructions can be applied to pretty much any streaming device.
Solution 1: Perform a power cycle to fix Error 009 on Roku
It is always important to start with the most basic solution to fix any issue. In this case, the most basic option is to perform a power cycle. If you power-cycle the device, you can expect it to fix generic glitches that have happened. Such errors can take place due to data corruption. With a power cycle, the corrupted cache data will be wiped off. As a result, you will be able to clear the DNS cache as well. If you are not aware of how to perform this fix, you can follow the steps below.
- As the first step, just disconnect all the devices from the power outlet. For instance, the TV, Roku, and the router should be unplugged from the wall power outlet.
- After that, please press the power button and hold it for about 20 seconds.
- Now, you should connect the devices back to power.
- You will have to wait until the device is turned on. After that, you can see if the error 009 Roku is solved.
Solution 2: Perform a network reset to fix Error 009 on Roku
In some cases, you will experience error 009 Roku due to corrupted settings as well. In that case, you can expect to fix it with a network reset. Nevertheless, resetting the network settings will get rid of all the saved settings related to the network. So, you should follow the steps with caution. Please follow below simply guide to proceed.
- First, you should go to Roku and provide the credentials to sign in.
- Then, you should go to the “Settings” menu and choose the option called “System.”
- Now, you should choose the option called “System Restart” as well and choose “Network Connection Reset.”
- After that, your device will begin to reset. Also, you should note that the device will reset automatically when resetting.
Getting the device connected to Wi-Fi again
- First, please go to the option called “Settings,” just like you did before. Then, you should choose the option called “Network” as well.
- You should now select the option Wi-Fi. After that, choose the “Set up a New Wi-Fi Connection” to proceed.
- You should now choose the Wi-Fi connection to which you should be connected. Then, go to the option labeled “I am at home.”
- You can now select the option called “Automatic” for all the available options. After that, you should provide the usual password you used to enter.
- Now, you should see the error 009 Roku is resolved.
Solution 3: Perform a factory reset on the device to fix Error 009 on Roku
If none of the above solutions have worked so far, you may perform a factory reset. Well, if the system software is linked with some issue, that can lead to a variety of errors. Such errors can appear in the form of bugs and glitches. In this case, the best way to resolve this error is to perform a factory reset. However, you should know that this method will remove all the settings and data in your system. That will make you configure the device from scratch. If you want, you can save important data, and you should create a backup for that. To do that, you should import those data from the faulty device to a different one.
- First, you should navigate to the option labeled “Settings” and go to “System.”
- After that, you should go to the option called “System Reset.” Then, go to the option called “Factory Reset.”
- Once you have done that, the resetting process will begin. Follow the instructions displayed on-screen so the process will be completed.
- At some point, the system will reset in full. Once that has happened, you can complete the setup. Now, you should see if the error is fixed.
Solution 4: Get the assistance of your ISP to fix Error 009 on Roku
As we believe, at least one of the above methods should fix this error. However, if you are yet to succeed, you can contact the ISP and see if there’s something wrong. If they have an issue at their end, you have nothing to do with it; they will fix it!
Also, if you are experiencing the TCL Roku TV Black Screen issue, here are the top solutions for you.
Some preventive measures to practice
Now, let’s take a look at a couple of preventive measures. These preventive measures can be handy when it comes to securing your internet connection.
● Change the password of your Wi-Fi connection
Do you have multiple users on your home network? If so, your connection can get significantly slower. So, if you want to prevent others from using your Wi-Fi connection, be sure to change the password. Also, you should remember to connect the Roku device to the same network once the password is changed.
● Make use of the ethernet connection
Wireless connections may always get interfered with by nearby electromagnetic devices. So, you can prevent it by using a wired connection.
● Keep the router closer to the Roku device
Make sure that you keep a distance smaller than 15 meters between the devices.
You can fix error 009 Roku simply by using the above-mentioned steps. We sincerely hope at least one of the fixes may work for you. If you do have any questions pertaining to this matter, please let us know.
Frequently asked questions on error 009 Roku
There can be several reasons. If there’s nothing wrong with the connection, it can happen due to a bug. A simple restart might fix this error.
You need at least 1MBPS to connect with streaming. But, for better performance, you need at least 5MBPS of bandwidth. Anything lower than 1MBS can lead to error 009 Roku.