“I want to know about a good Snapchat story saver. In fact, I want to download Snapchat stories (a couple of them) of my friends. Can someone please help me out?”
You already know that Snapchat is a very popular social media platform. This specific platform has become incredibly popular, especially among youngsters. This specific platform has a very intuitive feature called Stories, and it is used by other social platforms too. For instance, it is used on Facebook and WhatsApp. Snapchat Stories can appear in the form of a video, GIF, or an image. Whatever you post as a Story will be available for a period of 24 hours. That will be a very exciting experience. It is a pretty funny yet exciting way to tell what you feel to your friends. In some cases, you will find other’s stories very fascinating. In that case, you might come up with an idea of saving it to your device.
However, what’s interesting about this is that there is no feature to download Snapchat stories. Well, that shouldn’t discourage those who want to know how to download Snapchat stories. That is because there is a possibility to download Snapchat stories with a little bit of workaround. So, let’s go ahead and learn about Snapchat story saver for Android and iOS devices.
As mentioned before, there is no straightforward option to download someone’s Story. Instead, you will have to take a longer route. The purpose of this article is to explain it correctly.
Methods to download Snapchat stories on your phone
There are several ways to follow if you want to know about a good Snapchat story saver. So, we intend to explain all those methods below for your reference. You can go ahead and try those methods.
Method 1. Snapchat story saver
If you prefer downloading Snapchat stories without a recording app, there are some third-party Snapchat story saver apps. In fact, you can choose those apps from a large collection. Each of these tools might come with a different set of features. You can go ahead and use one of these tools to download Snapchat stories. However, the truth is that Snapchat never recommends any of these apps. That is because of security concerns. So, you should use these apps with good awareness.
Besides, if you forgot Snapchat username or wonder how to recover deleted Snapchat memories on iPhone, here are the top solutions for you.
Snapbox was one of the best options to consider if you wonder how to download Snapchat stories. However, this specific app was eliminated from App Store/Google Play because Snapchat doesn’t allow such apps. But you can do a little bit of search and download it from a third-party source.
Here’s how to use this application.
- First, you should install Snapbox on your device and launch it.
- Then, provide the Snapchat logins and access your account.
- Find the Story you intend to download and click on the option called “Save.”
It is possible to download Snapchat stories and save them automatically. There is a specific setting on the app for that. If you turn that on, the Snapchat stories will be saved on your device.
If you wonder how to download Snapchat stories, here’s another app dedicated to it. This specific tool should be installed on your device, and it is compatible with Android devices.
Below is now to use this app as a Snapchat story saver
- First, you should download SnapSaver and install it on Google Play Store to proceed.
- Then, you should launch SnapSaver and click on the icon that represents the video recording.
- Now, you should launch Snapchat and play the Snapchat Story you intend to save.
- After that, you should close the video recorder.
If you want to download Snapchat stories, you can consider SnapCrack as another decent solution. You can use this app on both Android and iOS devices. Mentioned below are those steps you should follow.
- First, download SnapCrack and install it on your device.
- Then, you can log into the app by entering Snapchat credentials. You can see that it fetches essential data to proceed. Basically, it has a pretty similar interface to Snapchat.
- Now, you will get recent Stories or Snaps along with the contacts you have. You can then tap the option called “Save,” and that will save them on your phone.
Method 2: Use a Screen Recorder
If you don’t like the above method, you can go ahead with the method mentioned below. As per this method, you will be using a screen recorder as a Snapchat story saver. Mentioned below are those steps. The method varies based on the type of device you are using.
● For iPhone users
With iOS 11, there are several new features for iPhone users to use and enjoy. Built-in screen recording is one of those features that are introduced to speed up the recording process. So, to enable this feature, you are supposed to enable the screen recorder option; mentioned below is how to do it.
You should follow the steps below and add the screen recording option.
- First, go to the App Store and launch the option called “Settings” to proceed.
- Then, go to the option called “Control Center” located in the drop-down menu.
- Now, you should tap on the option called “Customize Controls.” Then, go to “+,” which is located next to the “Screen Recording.”
- Now, you can see the Control Center records screen.
- With the use of a swipe and a tap, you should turn on the option to record screen.
- Swipe up to get Control Centre from the Snapchat video you intend to download. Once you have done that, select the respective icon that represents the Screen Recording.
- Now, you will see a 3-second countdown. That will precede the start of your screen recording. A red bar will appear at the top of the screen, indicating that it is recording.
- You can close Snapchat now and tap on the red bar to stop the recording.
- You can close Snapchat once the recording is done.
- Now, your recording will be available on Photos.
How to download Snapchat stories on an Android device?
What if you are using an Android device? Well, mentioned below is how to use a Snapchat story saver on an Android device.
In this case, we will be using a specific screen recorder to get it done. Please note that this is one of the best options to download Snapchat stories on an Android device. Apart from that, you can even use the inbuilt screen recorder found in most modern devices can be used. There are, however, other ways to record the Snapchat story without revealing your identity.
If your Android device lacks a built-in screen recording app, you’ll have to rely on third-party apps. That means the ones found in the Google Play Store. That said, AZ Screen Recorder – No Root is one of the best Android screen recording apps.
To save Snapchat stories, you must first download and install AZ Screen Recorder from the Google Play Store first. After that, follow the steps below.
- Tap the Record video icon in AZ Screen Recorder
- Now, launch Snapchat and navigate to the Story you intend to download.
- Now, play the respective Story and wait for it to finish.
- In order to stop the recording, you should either click the recording icon or press the Stop button. You can find it in the notification tray.
Method 3: Use QuickTime Recording as a Snapchat story saver on macOS
Do you have a Mac? If yes, you can use QuickTime Player as a Snapchat story saver on it. This specific method lets you save a Snapchat story without necessarily having to notify the user. Take the following steps:
- Make sure your iPhone is connected to your Mac
- Open QuickTime Player
- Now, select “File,” then “New Movie Recording” from the drop-down menu.
- Next, you should click the arrow located next to the option called “Record.” Then, you should select iPhone as the source.
- Navigate to the snap or Snapchat story you intend to download. Then, you are supposed to press the button labeled “Record.”
- When you’re finished recording, just click the Record button, and that will stop the recording.
- Now, to finish it up, Save the video, and that’s it!
How to download Snapchat stories of someone else to your Camera Roll?
You can download someone else’s Snapchat story to your phone in a number of ways. You can save it wherever you want, depending on your phone’s settings. When it comes to iPhones, it appears that they are saved in the Photos album. On the other hand, when it comes to iPhones, they will be saved in a separate, designated folder for that app. But it is still possible to save it to your Camera Roll folder as well.
So, that’s all about how to download Snapchat stories and manage them. Do you have any other questions? Please let us know.