Here, we will talk about several ways that can help you solve the Discord stream no sound problem. Very often, you might face a problem that your sound has turned off when you are sharing your screen with someone else on Discord; thankfully, you are not the only person who has to face this issue. It has been reported that many people have faced this issue at some point in time. Thankfully, there are quite some fixes that can help you solve this problem.
Here, we will talk about how to fix this Discord stream with no sound problem. However, it is important to check if you can hear any sound from other websites and apps like YouTube and Spotify. If the sound is not functioning on these apps, you will have to check out our other guide on how to fix sound problems on your computer. On the other hand, if you are facing the sound problem only on Discord, then this fixing Discord stream no sound problem article is for you.
Of course, you do not have to try every one of these methods mentioned above. You can simply work your way down the list until you find the one that works out well.
Fix 1: Checking The Status Of The Discord Server to Fix Discord Stream No Sound Issue
If you are facing the Discord stream no sound problem, the first thing you need to do is to check the status of the Discord server. Alternatively, you can also follow the official Discord page to check whether the platform has released any news about ongoing server problems.
If you happen to see these outages, it is possible that the platform may be down for maintenance on their end. In this case, you will have to wait until Discord manages to resolve the problem. On the other hand, if all the servers are working perfectly, it is likely there is something else wrong. Now, let us try out the other options.
Fix 2: Restarting Your Computer System to Fix Discord Stream No Sound Issue
There are some types of progress or programs that may be running on your computer and can conflict with Discord. This can cause Discord stream no sound problems when you are streaming on the platform. In such cases, it is always better to restart your computer, and the problem should get resolved.
When your computer gets rebooted, it will wipe away the current state of the Discord software, and your system will have a fresh and clean start. If this does not solve the problem, let us look into some other fixes.
PS: let’s figure out how to perform a Discord screen share with ease.
Fix 3: Resetting The Voice Settings Of Discord
The Discord stream no sound problems can also be caused by improper Discord voice settings. If you have changed the Discord settings recently and the audio has stopped working after this, you can try resetting the voice setting to default. The steps for doing so are as follows:
1. Open the Discord app and tap on the Settings icon.
2. Here, tap on the Voice & Video; you will find the Reset Voice Settings.
3. Tap this option and click on Okay.
4. Once done, you can try to check whether this method has helped solve this Discord stream no sound problem.
If you still cannot hear any sound, you can try out the next to help option.
Besides, here is the top best Voice Changer for Discord for your reference.
Fix 4: Utilizing The Discord Legacy Audio Subsystem
The Discord stream no sound problem occurs for many reasons, one of which includes your hardware not being compatible with the latest audio subsystems of Discord. In such cases, you can try switching to the legacy Audio subsystem that will help you fix this problem.
1. First, you need to start the Discord option.
2. Head towards the Settings icon.
3. Here, tap on the Audio & Video option. Here, tap on the AUDIO SUBSYSTEM and tap on Legacy.
4. To save the changes, tap on Okay.
Once done, please check whether the audio problem has been resolved or not. If the answer is no, let us look into the next fix.
By the way, if you are experiencing the issues like No Sound on YouTube on Your Phone or PC, here are the top solutions for you.
Fix 5: Adding the Program to Discord to Fix Discord Stream No Sound Issue
If you want to share the screen with another person properly, you need to ensure that the program that you want to stream on your Discord profile is added to it. To do this, you simply need to follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Open the Discord app and the program that you want to share the screen.
2. Tap on the Settings icon.
3. Once you find the Game Status, you need to click on it to Add It.
4. Tap the box, which will open up a drop-down menu. Here, you need to select the program that you want to share on Discord.
5. Next, select the program.
6. Ensure that you turn the toggle on, which is located next to OVERLAY.
If you are still facing the Discord stream no sound problem, then you can try the next method to fix this issue.
Fix 6: Updating Your Audio/Sound Driver to Fix Discord Stream No Sound Issue
One of the most common reasons for the Discord stream no sound problem is outdated or missing audio driver. If you want to ensure that your audio card is functioning with the new operating systems applications and programs, you must ensure that your audio driver is updated.
There are many ways to update the drivers of your device. One way to do this is by manually heading to the website of the manufacturer of the sound card; once here, you need to look for the latest driver for your module. If you find it successfully, you simply need to download and install it. If you do not have the time to look for an update manually, you can simply choose to do with via the Driver Easy option.
The Driver Easy option is the best choice for updating your drivers. This tool will recognize your system automatically and will look for the right drivers for it. You do not even have to know anything about your system to use this tool. Additionally, there is no risk of downloading and installing the incorrect driver.
Let us look at the steps on how to use Driver Easy.
1. The first step here is to download and install the Driver Easy tool.
2. Once the tool is installed, open it and tap on the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will then start the scanning process and detect problematic drivers.
3. Once the latest audio drivers are detected, you simply need to tap on the Update button; this will download and install the latest driver automatically (if you are a Pro user); as for free users, the installation process needs to be done manually.
4. Once the update is done, you can check whether your Discord is running properly or not.
If you are still facing the Discord stream no sound problem, there are a few more tips that can help you fix it.
Fix 7: Clearing The Roaming Data Of Discord
The Discord stream no sound problem can also be caused by temporary Discord files or improper account settings. In such cases, it is recommended that you try clearing the Discord Roaming data to help solve this problem. Let us learn how to do so:
1. Completely exit Discord.
2. Tap the Windows Logo key on your keyboard and type in %appdata%, and hit Enter.
3. Right-tap your mouse of Discord and click on Delete.
4. Re-launch the Discord app and check if the problem has been fixed or not.
If the sound still does not play on Discord, let us try another method.
Fix 8: Updating Discord To The Latest Version
Discord keeps releasing regular updates to fix various types of bugs. If you are facing the Discord stream no sound problem while sharing your screen, a recent update could be the reason why the sound is not functioning as it should. In this case, you will have to install the latest update to fix this problem. Let us learn how you can check for and install the latest Discord update:
1. Press on the Windows Logo and the R button on your keyboard at the same time. This will open the Run Dialog box.
2. On the text box, you need to type %localappdata% and tap on the OK button.
3. Meanwhile, you need to double-click on Discord.
4. To start the update process, double-click on the Update.exe button.
5. Once the update is done, you can start Discord all over again to check whether the problem has been resolved or not.
If the Discord stream has no sound problem is still present, you can look into the next fix.
Fix 9: Temporarily Disabling Your Antivirus
If you are still facing the Discord stream no sound problem while sharing screens on Discord, it could mean that your antivirus program is causing the issue. While it is highly unlikely, you can try disabling the antivirus program temporarily. Once done, check where the issue still persists.
If the problem is solved, you can get in touch with the vendor of the antivirus program and ask them for advice. Or, you could simply install a different antivirus program.
Fix 10: Reinstalling The Discord App to Fix Discord Stream No Sound Issue
One great way to solve the Discord stream no sound problem is to reinstall Discord to remove damaged or corrupt files. Let us learn how you can do so:
1. Press the Windows Logo key on your keyboard; next, type and click on Control Panel.
2. Head towards Category and tap on the Uninstall A Program button.
3. Look for Discord and click on Uninstall.
4. Next, download and install Discord again.
5. Check whether the sound is working perfectly or not.
Fix 11: Repairing The System Files
If the above-mentioned solutions help solve the Discord stream no sound problem, your system may be responsible for it. Hence, you need to look into your system to ensure there are no broken or missing system files.
Among the many specialized Windows repair tools available, you can make use of Restoro to scan the system files and replace the ones that have become corrupted without worrying about losing personal files. Let us learn how to use Restoro:
1. First, please download and install the Restoro program.
2. Launch the tool and scan your computer.
3. Once the scanning is completed, you will get a detailed report of the status of your computer.
4. After you have viewed the report, you can tap on the Start Repair button to begin the repairing process.
With the help of these methods, we are hopeful that the Discord stream no sound problem while sharing screens will be solved. Should you have any inquiries, please leave them in the comment section below.