Out of all the users facing the com.apple.mobilephone error 1035, most wouldn’t be having even a slight idea of the things associated with this voicemail error. Before straightaway moving to the fixes, we would like you to know about this error and what causes it. After that, we will be giving you nine best solutions to help you out.
What is com.apple.mobilephone error 1035?
The voicemail messages or greeting are the voice recorded texts that the callers get to hear first when they try leaving any message for you. The feature of Visual voicemail is used to view those voicemail messages that are received on the iPhone.
This error that happens in the iOS devices is related to the voicemail feature, and the users mostly face it while updating the voicemail greetings set on the iPhone. The users fail to use the voicemail feature then. The mobile network is mostly responsible for such an error, and the consequent troubleshooting depends upon the particular network carries that is being used in the device.
There can be many reasons for the occurrence of this error:
- A glitch in the network settings
- Wi-Fi network causing faults
- Faulty cellular network
- Not using the carrier method to set up voicemail
Now that we have seen the meaning of the error and the possible reasons behind the same, we will be carrying forward the article with the nine best solutions for fixing this voicemail error. All the methods are tried and tested. We have also introduced the software Tenorshare ReiBoot which is an excellent tool for dealing with such iOS problems.
Solution 1: Update the iPhone with the latest version via professional tool – ReiBoot
It doesn’t matter what exactly the issue is bugging your device; it has been observed that many users, including us, know that a recent system update can solve almost every problem of the iOS devices. Another thing to note here is that a large number of users depend on the iTunes app for downloading the latest updates for their iPhones. The downside of this choice is that they have to wait long since the iTunes method is complex, slow, and can also bring bugs into the device.
Here, we would like to suggest you go more professionally and there is perfect software for you.
This software is a genius solution and handles all kinds of issues with iOS devices. It has a simple user interface, and you need no high tech knowledge for the tool. You can easily download the software for the Windows version XP/ 7/ 8/ 8.1/ 10 and the macOS versions below Catalina 10.15.
Let’s see the steps that you will have to follow while using this tool:
1. Download the software ReiBoot on the PC and then finish its installation process. Once it’s done, launch the tool.
2. Now connect the iPhone to the PC.
3. Find the option of Factory Reset iPhone on the primary interface of the tool. Hit a click over it.
4. In the interface that emerges next, select the option of Fix Now for proceeding further with the method.
5. The step above will bring you to the page of the available firmware. Look for the option Browse here and click on it. Save the relevant path and then hit a click over the option Download for starting the downloading of the firmware package.
6. After the firmware is downloaded, click the button of Start Repair. This will start repairing the program and thereby update the device with the latest iOS version.
The steps seem to be many, but the process still won’t last beyond 10 minutes once the process finishes, the com.apple.mobilephone error 1035 will surely be removed upon re-trying the Voicemail feature.
Solution 2: Reconnect the Cellular Data to fix com.apple.mobilephone error 1035
The voicemail errors like that of com.apple.mobilephone error 1035 can still manage to occur after you switch to using the mobile data on your device. In this case, the voicemail is the problem, and you will need to restart the data. It’s a very simple method.
- All you need to do is open the settings of the iPhone. Here, select the option Cellular.
- You will see a bar next to the option Cellular; slide it to the left for changing the status of the data connection.
- Stay on this screen. After some time, again slide over that bar, but this time to the right for turning on the cellular data.
Now try opening the voicemail again. The issue will be resolved now.
Solution 3: Switching from wireless to cellular data to fix com.apple.mobilephone error 1035
There is one possibility that the Wi-Fi connection to the device might be causing the com.apple.mobilephone error 1035 and stopping you from setting up new greetings over voicemail. This issue can be fixed by switching the data connection of the phone from Wireless to cellular. The carrier provides the cellular data, and it is thus the preferable option for the voicemail. Let’s see how to do it:
- Firstly, check if the Wi-Fi is active or not. If it is, then turn it off.
- Open the settings of the iPhone. Here, select the option Cellular.
- You will see a bar next to the option Cellular; slide it to the left for turning it on.
Re-try entering any voicemail as it should work just fine now.
Solution 4: Using the Airplane Mode to fix com.apple.mobilephone error 1035
This error in the voicemail is mostly a result of the phone’s internet connectivity owing to either the cellular data or the Wi-Fi. However, one very easy method exists to fix this issue, and that is switching on the feature of Airplane Mode. Let’s see how to do it:
- Pull the Notification bar on the main screen down. Here you will see an airplane icon, and this is the feature of the Airplane Mode. Tap over that option.
- This will turn the feature on. After that, all the connections related to the device will be shut down or disconnected.
- Wait for at least 30 seconds or some time before you turn the feature on again. Tap on it again for turning the mode off.
You are done here.
Now the method for this can vary depending upon the brand model you are using. In some of the iPhones, you might have to open the device’s settings and toggle the feature from there. In yet other cases, the power button will help you to on the Airplane mode (let’s figure out does airplane mode turn off GPS).
Once you are done with all of this, try entering any voicemail greeting for seeing if the com.apple.mobilephone error 1035 is resolved.
Solution 5: Reset the network settings
Many times, any update of the device becomes the reason for the com.apple.mobilephone error 1035. In such cases, changing the settings of the network might help and let us tell you how you can do that:
- Launch the Settings of the device. Here, tap on the tab General.
- Find the option of Reset and click over it. Then you have to click on the option Reset Network Settings.
- It will first prompt you to enter the password of the device, and it is only after entering it that you will become able to change the network settings.
After the process ends, the voicemail will most probably start working fine.
Solution 6: Reset the visual voicemail of the iPhone
If the problematic entity is the voicemail itself, then logic says that you can try resetting it. If the settings of the voicemail cannot be changed through the phone settings, then the alternate method to try is the carrier method. The voicemail is connected with the carrier of the device, and to reset the visual voicemail through the carrier itself is the recommended option.
We are going to tell you how to carry out this easy method:
- Firstly, check if the Wi-Fi is active or not. If it is, then turn it off.
- Open the dial screen on the iPhone by tapping on the icon of the phone. Here, press the key 1 and hold it for some time till the voicemail feature opens up. From here, you will be able to open the settings of voicemail.
- It will first prompt you to enter the password of the voicemail as it is only after it that you will be able to set up the voicemail with the help of the keypad of the iPhone.
- Here, set up a new voicemail.
- Stop the setup process now.
Once all of this is done, restart the device. Recheck for the com.apple.mobilephone error 1035 if it is resolved.
Solution 7: Reset the password of the apple Voicemail
Sometimes the voicemail itself may get faulty settings. We suggest that this issue can be solved by setting up a new password for the voicemail. This will fix almost all the related errors. Let us tell you how to go about this method:
- Open the Settings of the phone first, and then you have to find the option of Phone here. Upon finding it, click over it.
- Here, you will see the option of Change Voicemail Password.
Once you tap on this button, a new prompt will appear where you will be asked to enter a new password for the voicemail. Enter the password of your choice here. We recommend that you set such a password that you can easily remember. After you are done making all the necessary changes here, try re-running the voicemail. The com.apple.mobilephone error 1035 will be resolved by now.
Solution 8: Reset the Voicemail itself to fix com.apple.mobilephone error 1035
This is another method that you can try while troubleshooting the Voicemail itself. It gives promising results and has been a favorite among the users. It is a very simple solution, and we are going to help you with it:
- Open the dial screen on the iPhone by tapping on the icon of the phone/dialer. The numeric pad will emerge on the screen now.
- Here, press the key 1 and hold it for some time till the voicemail feature opens up. You will now have to make a call using that feature.
- After the call, tap the key *, and this will bring you into the main menu. Here, tap on the number 3 on the dial-pad.
- Now, tap the number 2 on the dial pad as you need to record another greeting. A prompt will emerge on the screen next, and you have to confirm it by pressing the button #.
- After making all the above entries correctly, again press the key 1 for finally setting the voicemail greetings feature.
You are done here. This method is going to make you able to use the voicemail feature once again without any error like the com.apple.mobilephone error 1035.
Solution 9: Restart the iPhone to fix com.apple.mobilephone error 1035
If you are a user of the iPhone models XS /XR/ 11, then the com.apple.mobilephone error 1035 might become a very recurring issue with you. In this case, the very simple method of restarting the device can be a great option. You may consider trying it in the first go itself or when nothing else works for you. Let’s take a look at the simple steps that you will need to follow:
- Very simple to begin, just press the Power button of the device along with any Volume key and hold them down together for a few seconds.
- Now the slider of the phone will emerge over the screen. You have to drag that slider towards the edge on the other end of the screen. This will turn the power of the iPhone off.
- Hold on for some time after this step. Now turn the power of the iPhone on in the same manner as we did in the first step.
When you open the voicemail after this, the error might not happen again.
So this was all about fixing the com.apple.mobilephone error 1035 that mostly happens in the iOS devices while the users try to set up different voicemail greetings. All of these solutions are very effective, and Tenorshare Reiboot is going to be your best bet. Do share your experience with us in the comment section below!