“My Astro A10 Mic Not Working, and I purchased it a couple of weeks ago. The PC doesn’t recognize any input from the mic. I think I have not done anything wrong so far. Can someone please help me out and fix it? TIA”
Do you have the above question? If you do, you are not alone, and plenty of other users are experiencing the same. So, we have composed this article with the most practical solutions to address this issue.
Things can be very annoying if you have bought a new headset and still experience some errors in it. Since it is a modern-day headset, you expect it to work perfectly along with the microphone. But due to various reasons, your microphone might stop working. So, if you are troubled with Astro A10 Mic Not Working error and looking for a solution, keep reading. With the following steps, it is totally possible to fix this error.
Solutions to try if your Astro A10 Mic Not Working
We have a couple of solutions to try if your Astro A10 Mic Not Working. With a little effort and a couple of minutes, you can easily fix this error. So, go ahead and try the fixes below.
Method 1: Check the general settings of your microphone
There are many reasons for your Astro a10 microphone not working. One of the common reasons is that its mic is disabled through the system. If not, the volume of the microphone may be reduced to zero. Because of that, your microphone will not provide enough sound input to the system. So, as the first step, you should simply check if the volume of the microphone is reduced or disabled.
Mentioned below is how to do it.
- You should hold the “Windows” key with the “R” key at once to bring the “Run” utility up. Then, you should enter the text “Control” in the given space and hit the “Enter” key to proceed.
- When you are in Control Panel, you can see an option called “View By.” Just click on that and choose the option “Large icons.” Then, the icons will appear in a pretty large size.
- From that, you should choose the option called “Sound” to proceed.
- After that, you should choose the tab labeled “Recording” to proceed. You can then see an empty space, and you should right-click on it to proceed. Then, you will find a popup menu in the list. All you need is to click on the option called “Show Disabled Devices” to proceed.
- You will see the Headset Microphone on now, and you should click on the option “Enable.”
- You can perform a right-click. Then, choose the option called “Set as Default Device.”
- Now, you should perform a right-click on the option called “Headset Microphone” to proceed. Click on the option called “Properties.”
- You are supposed to click on the option called “Levels” to go to the next step. Then, you can adjust the volume slider to increase the volume to the maximum level.
- You can click on OK now to save the changes you have made.
That’s it. As of this moment, your microphone should work correctly. It is enabled as a default device on your PC. Also, you have changed the level of the microphone to the maximum level, so everything should be fine. Be sure that you check if the mic is working. However, if Astro A10 Mic Not Working even after the above steps, go ahead and learn the next solution.
Method 2: Change the settings of your microphone for apps (only for Windows 10)
You should check if all the apps are permitted to use your microphone properly. So, you can follow the steps mentioned below to accomplish this. Please note that this method is applicable for Windows 10 only.
- First, you should press both “Win” + “I” keys together on your keyboard.
- Now, you should choose the option called “Privacy” to proceed.
- After that, you should choose the option called “Microphone.”
- Now, you should check if the system allows all the apps to access your microphone. Also, you should ensure that the apps you intend to use have full access to the headset and microphone.
After that, you can see if the mic receives any sound input from your mic. If it does, you don’t need to try any other steps. However, if it doesn’t work, move to the next method.
Method 3: Installed the latest version of the drivers to fix the Astro A10 Mic Not Working issue
When it comes to your Astro A10’s mic, it will not function properly unless you install the correct drivers. If the drivers are outdated, you might experience a variety of errors, including the Astro A10 Mic Not Working. Anyway, it is always better to keep your drivers updated to the latest versions. Otherwise, your computer can end up causing various errors.
When it comes to updating drivers, there are two methods for you to choose from. You can either choose to update drivers manually or even do it automatically. There are drawbacks associated with the manual method, however.
As per the manual method, you should search for the appropriate drivers manually by visiting their official website. If you download drivers from random third-party websites, you can end up experiencing some malware attacks as well. Also, it requires a considerable amount of time. So, if you don’t want to take those risks and compromise security, look for a professional solution. So, we don’t intend to explain the manual driver downloading method here in detailed steps. Instead, we will explain a very convenient, fast, and accurate method to download drivers automatically.
Download drivers automatically using Driver Easy
In this section, we explain how to update the drivers using the most professional and convenient manner. In this case, we use a tool called Driver Easy. This is a dedicated tool designed to search and download drivers automatically through the most reliable sources. You can install this application on your PC and perform a scan. During the scan, it will find the defective drivers and download them from official websites.
If you use Driver Easy, you will save plenty of time. Also, this app doesn’t leave any room for mistakes. So, you can install the application right now and start finding the erroneous drivers.
Please follow up below simple guide to install drivers automatically. As a result, you can fix the Astro A10 Mic Not Working error with ease.
01. First, you should download Driver Easy application on your faulty computer. Then, you should get it installed properly.
02. Now, you can launch the application so you can see the main interface. After that, hit the option called “Scan Now.” Then, you can see that Driver Easy scans your PC for potentially outdated or corrupted drivers.
03. You will notice a button next to outdated drivers, and it is labeled “Update.” To update the sound drivers, you are supposed to click on the “Update” button in front of the driver. So, choose the “Update” button right next to the sound-related device. That will download the correct driver on the computer with the latest version. The best thing is that you can do it with the FREE version of Driver Easy.
Then, check if the “Astro A10 Mic Not Working” error is fixed.
In addition to that, you can click on the button called “Update All.” That will update all the drivers on your computer at once. However, to do that, you should go for the Pro Version of Driver Easy.
After downloading the drivers, just go ahead and perform a restart on your computer. Then, your headphones should work correctly. However, if the Astro A10 Mic Not Working even after the above, the issue isn’t related to your drivers. In that case, you will have to move to the next solution.
Method 4: Try troubleshooting on your hardware to fix Astro A10 Mic Not Working issue
If your Astro A10 Mic Not Working even after a driver update, try this option. In this case, you should perform a troubleshoot the hardware components on your PC. The process is not that difficult. Please just follow up below simple steps if you want to perform hardware troubleshooting.
Before everything else, you should connect the faulty headset to a different port on the same PC. This will fix potential issues the respective port might have. However, if that trick doesn’t work, try to connect the same headset to a different PC. If it works, your computer is the culprit but not the headset. However, if that doesn’t work, you will have to contact the seller of the headset or the service center. If there is something wrong with your headset, they will fix it. If it is under warranty, they may even offer a replacement.
So, the above are the solutions you should try if your Astro A10 Mic Not Working. Do you have any other doubts related to this matter? Please let us know.