Are you facing the ‘Pokemon GO Adventure Sync not working‘ issue while playing the Pokemon GO game on your device? Users who play Pokemon GO often come across this issue related to the Pokemon GO Adventure Sync feature. The Adventure Sync feature is a unique characteristic that is quite rare to find in other popular games. In other words, when this sync feature is enabled, users receive certain in-game credits and rewards, even when they are not using the application.
The main idea behind the Adventure Sync feature is to boost people to be more active physically and remain fit. However, Adventure Sync has forced users to raise various queries ever since it got released in November 2018. While some users do not know how they can enable this sync feature, others are skeptical about its tracking procedure.
Pokemon GO Adventure Sync may not function if users are using an outdated version of Pokemon GO or if they are using any kind of battery optimizer or saver. Also, if you use a manual timezone on your smartphone, it can cause issues like ‘Adventure Sync not working.’ Another reason for not tracking your physical activity can be low accuracy mode. If the permissions required, such as location and storage permissions, are not given to Pokemon GO, then the app causes issues.
In this guide, we are going to provide comprehensive insights into the Pokemon GO Adventure Sync feature and how it can be used for earning rewards in this popular gaming option.
Part 1: Introduction to Pokemon GO Adventure Sync
Before we discuss how to resolve the ‘Pokemon GO Adventure Sync not working’ feature, it is important to know what Pokemon GO Adventure Sync is. This feature was released by Niantic in November 2018. Players can enable this interesting feature through the menu ‘Settings‘ in the Pokemon GO game.
Once you have enabled this feature, it will track all the GPS movements even if Pokemon GO is not running. Also, when you relaunch this game, it will reward you automatically with special credits like Buddy Candies.
So, if you like to get these exciting rewards, you will need to carry your smartphone with you. In this way, all your GPS movements will be easily tracked. Along with the GPS signal of your device, this feature even collects data from other fitness tracking applications for tracking the precise movement. However, it would not count your movements if too fast, such as while driving a car.
In just the span of two years, the company has released various updates for improving the Pokemon GO Adventure Sync feature. In March 2020, this gaming-giant recently announced an upcoming update for Pokemon GO, where the feature ‘Adventure Sync’ will get significant improvement. As per claims, this upcoming game update will offer credits for indoor walking and treadmill running too.
Part 2: Rewards You Get from Pokemon GO Adventure Sync
Pokemon GO Adventure Go offers rewards that players can receive on enabling this sync feature. Basically, you will get weekly credits depending on the distance you have totally covered in the whole week. The window of distance is classified into three different sections, where every section comes with its own individual rewards. These sections include:
|Weekly Walking Distance||Pokemon GO Sync Rewards|
|25km||20 Pokeballs, 500 Stardust, 10 Great Balls, 5km Eggs or 1 Rare Candy|
|50km||20 Pokeballs, 1500 Stardust, 10 Great Balls, 5km Eggs & 3 Rare Candy or 10km Eggs|
It is worth mentioning that 50km is the maximum distance that can be covered for rewards. When you surpass this distance benchmark, you will not get any extra benefits.
Part 3: How to Enable Pokemon GO Adventure Sync
Now, you are familiar with the credits that you can receive through the Pokemon GO Adventure Sync feature. It is time for you to start collecting these exciting rewards. For this, have a look at the steps listed below for enabling this feature on your smartphone.
Players who have updated Pokemon GO recently then will receive a pop-up notification automatically to turn on this sync feature. However, if you do not receive any notification, then go through the instructions listed below for switching on this feature through the menu ‘Settings.’
Step 1: Open Pokemon GO on your mobile device.
Step 2: Click on the icon ‘PokeBall‘ for launching the primary menu. Then, choose ‘Settings‘ to get to the settings tab.
Step 3: Now, select the option ‘Adventure Sync‘ for enabling it. Also, you may need to provide extra permissions so that the game can collect data easily from different fitness tracking applications.
Part 4: Why ‘Adventure Sync Not Working’ Problem Occurs
Despite being the remarkable feature of Pokemon GO, most players have reported that this feature does not function properly for their user account. On reading Pokemon GO forums, you will find that that in many cases, Pokemon GO Adventure Sync did not update the tracking details for a week, and thus, it did not reward any credits.
If you are coming across the ‘Adventure Sync not working’ issue, then here are some tips for making this feature function again. You should follow these tips before trying out the different solutions listed below.
- In the first place, you need to ensure that the Pokemon GO game is entirely closed. When the game is functioning, the Adventure Sync will not track the GPS movements, even if it is running in the background. This is because Niantic will employ distance tracking.
- Next, you should use a compatible fitness tracking application. Generally, Pokemon GO supports Google Fit on Android and Apple Health on iOS devices. Your phone should run these applications so that the sync feature can track the weekly GPS movements successfully.
- See if the applications used by the Sync feature are keeping tracking of your physical activity.
- Also, you should be running, biking, or walking at a speed of less than 10 km per hour to get rewards. This game employs a specific speed cap, where it would not track the distance if your speed goes over 10 km per hour.
- Make sure the Pokemon GO Adventure Sync is enabled in the Pokemon GO settings.
- Start your smartphone again, and open the health application. Check if this app is recording all the steps and then check if the ‘Adventure Sync not working’ issue is fixed.
- Examine if your phone is compatible with Adventure Sync and the tools needs by it. For instance, HTC One M8 is not compatible with Google Fit. Thus, Adventure Sync does not function on it.
- Remember that there could be a delay for several hours for this feature to sync your steps with the health application on your phone.
- Kindly note that the data you manually enter in health applications like Apple Health and Google Fit will not count in Pokemon GO Adventure Sync. Plus, the data put in through third-party applications are considered manual unless you use Apple Health API or Google Fit API.
- Examine if your smartphone has the needed sensors for tracking your steps and distance.
- Lastly, log out of your Pokemon GO and other related health applications. Then, sign in again and see if the ‘Adventure sync not working’ issue has been resolved.
Part 5: How to Resolve ‘Pokemon GO Adventure Sync Not Working’
Solution 1: Update the Application to the Recent Version
- Open Google Play Store and click on the three-dot menu.
- Next, select the ‘My Apps & Games‘ option.
- Find ‘Pokemon GO‘ and click on it.
- Next, see if there’s an update present. If there is, tap on ‘Update.’
- Once done, see if the ‘Adventure Sync not working‘ issue has been resolved.
Solution 2: Switch off the Battery Saver Mode on your Device
- Open the device’s notifications and then select ‘Turn off Battery Saver.’
- Reconfirm your action by going to the menu ‘Power Saver.’ If your phone supports, then exempt the Pokemon GO game and health apps like Apple Health and Google Fit from optimization.
- Remember that the Adventure Sync feature does not get affected by the battery saver mode.
Solution 3: Change the Timezone from Manual to Automatic
- First, close Pokemon GO and then open the phone’s Settings.
- Find the ‘Date & Time‘ tab and open it.
- Toggle the switch to ‘On‘ for ‘Automatic Time Zone‘.
- Now, open the game and see if the ‘Adventure Sync not working‘ issue is fixed.
Solution 4: Change the Location of your Device to High Accuracy
- Close the Pokemon GO game and open the device’s quick settings.
- Keep pressing the ‘Location‘ tab.
- Now, select the ‘Mode‘ feature and then choose ‘High Accuracy.’
- Open the game and see if the problem ‘Adventure Sync not working‘ has been fixed.
- Close the game and launch Google Fit.
- Now, go to the tab ‘Profile‘ and tap on the icon ‘Gear.’
- From the ‘Google Fit Data‘ section, select ‘Manage Connected Apps.’
- From there, select ‘Pokemon GO‘ and choose the ‘Disconnect‘ option. Ensure that you are using the right Google account.
- Now, confirm your action to disconnect Pokemon GO.
- Close the ‘Google Fit‘ tool.
- After five minutes, open Pokemon GO and then visit its Settings.
- Click on the ‘Adventure Sync‘ tab. Then, enable this feature.
- Now, you need to connect this feature with health apps like Google Fit.
- Lastly, link both of these services. Now, you will no longer see the ‘Adventure Sync not working‘ problem on your mobile device.
Part 6: Incredible Pokemon GO Adventure Sync Cheats to Know
Pokemon GO Adventure Sync is a very useful characteristic, especially for regular Pokemon GO players. However, it is safe to point out that not all players like or have the energy to walk around for some kilometers for just collecting rewards for Pokemon GO. That’s where Pokemon GO Adventure Sync cheats come into play.
For both Android and iOS, there are lots of different cheats available out there. These cheats help users trick the Pokemon GO to believe that players walked a particular distance; indeed, even when they have spent the day on their couch.
Now, let’s discuss different tricks for cheating with Adventure Sync on Android and iOS devices.
1. Fix ‘Adventure Sync Not Working’ on iOS by Choosing This Cheat
Spoofing the location is the best trick for faking your GPS movements and adding more distance to the Adventure Sync tracker. Users can do this by employing a dedicated location spoofing application for iOS, such as iMyFone AnyTo.
This geo spoofing application comes with lots of features. Using this incredible feature, you can modify your GPS location and plan a complete route for faking the GPS movement on the Pokemon GO game.
In this way, your activity on Adventure Sync continues to enhance, even when you have not walked a single step. The iMyFone AnyTo application has a range of features, which make this tool the most reliable one for spoofing the location on iOS devices.
Key Features of iMyFone AnyTo:
- This tool lets you fake your location to anywhere across the world.
- It allows you to spoof GPS movements on games like Pokemon GO while setting the speed manually.
- iMyFoneAnyTo saves locations and routes to use in the future.
- With this tool, you can discover locations with the help of GPS coordinates.
- This application is compatible with all iPhones running on iOS 7.0 up to the recent iOS 14 version.
Steps to cheat Pokemon GO Adventure Sync with iMyFone AnyTo:
Step 1: First, you have to install iMyFone AnyTo on your Mac or Windows PC. Once the installation is over, run the tool and tap on the ‘Get Started‘ tab.
Step 2: Next, connect the iPad or iPhone to the system and tap on ‘Trust‘ when a pop-up shows up on the mobile device. Enter your passcode for granting all the permissions.
Step 3: Once successfully connected, you will come across a map. Select ‘Multi-Spot Mode‘ present on the right side.
Step 4: For planning your customized route, users need to pin the locations on the map one by one. Also, they can set the location by putting in the GPS coordinates and addresses in the search column.
Step 5: After selecting all of the locations, they will show up automatically in the tool’s sidebar.
Using this application, players can set round trips by putting in the number. Also, they can adjust their speed according to their preferences by dragging the tool’s slider. After putting in the speed and times, tap on ‘Move‘ for starting your fake GPS moves.
So, you may already have made your smartphone move without walking and moving outside. All of the data saved by your device counts for Pokemon GO. Now, you can enjoy this incredible Adventure Sync feature hassle-free with iMyFone AnyTo.
2. Resolve ‘Adventure Sync Not Working’ on Android by Using this Cheat
Just like iOS, players can even cheat Pokemon GO Adventure Sync on their Android devices. For doing so, you have to use a professional tool, like DeFit. This amazing tool is officially called the debugger of all the fitness applications.
Instead of spoofing your GPS moves, DeFit will just add activity records to the Pokemon GO account easily. Thus, you will get all the rewards linked to Adventure Sync without walking kilometers. Now, let’s go through the stepwise instructions of employing DeFit for adding activity data on Android devices.
Step 1: Visit Google Play Store and then download ‘DeFit‘ on your Android device.
Step 2: Run the application and log in using the same ID that you used for creating your account on Pokemon GO.
Step 3: From the next tab, drag the tool’s slider for customizing your activity data. Click the slider for turning on the ‘Sync fitness data‘ feature.
So, this is everything that you need to know about this incredible Pokemon GO Adventure Sync feature. If you did not use this feature before, it is time for enabling it to earn great rewards for free by just performing some physical activities. However, when you feel too lazy to roam around, you can use some amazing cheats like iMyFone AnyTo for iOS and DeFitfor Android to earn rewards.
Use iMyFone AnyTo for faking your location on iOS devices. This tool lets you enjoy rewards right from the comfort of your bed. Now, download this tool and get rid of the ‘Pokemon GO Adventure Sync not working‘ issue for real.